It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metal filings in your cereal.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
"Metal Filings in your Cereal" seems like an over dramatized statement lol Iron is one of the most abundant minerals on earth.

IF you believe in evolution, than for the past 3 billion years or so...life has been deeply involved with iron. Iron is in our blood, in plants, etc.

Iron is iron....it IS a metal.......which is metallic. This trick can also be used with SOME wood, plastic, carbon, cotton and wool.

Although it is not good to consume any of one thing, our bodies are more than capable or dealing with excess material.

I do think it is weird......but i'm not sure we should jump on board this idea yet....I mean its not very likely that the greedy cereal companies would use too much of a good thing.....rather than not enough
but who knows?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sourdough4life

That was a test done in the 60's. Things have changed since then.

Seriously go ask your doctor if your body needs iron, then tell me if you still want to eat your cereal. He/she will tell you what I told in my last post. If you won't trust your doctor, who will you trust.

www.umm.edu...

Not having enough iron can lead to anemia. The most common symptoms of anemia are weakness and fatigue -- one reason people who are iron-deficient get tired easily is because their cells don't get enough oxygen. Pregnant women, young women during their reproductive years, and children tend to be at the highest risk of iron deficiency. Anemia may be mild, moderate, or severe. It can be caused by blood loss such as that from a bleeding ulcer, menstruation, severe trauma, surgery, or a malignant tumor. It can also be caused by an iron-poor diet, not absorbing enough dietary iron, pregnancy, and the rapid growth that takes place during infancy, early childhood, and adolescence.

www.nlm.nih.gov...

www.medterms.com...

This one is my favorite, its from a medical dictionary

medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

iron (Fe)
[ī′ərn]
Etymology: AS, iren
a common metallic element essential for the synthesis of hemoglobin. Its atomic number is 26; its atomic mass is 55.85. Iron salts and complexes, including ferrocholinate, ferrous fumarate, ferrous gluconate, ferrous sulfate, and iron dextran, are used to treat iron-deficiency anemias.
Mosby's Medical Dictionary, 8th edition. © 2009, Elsevier.
iron,
n an essential mineral and element (Fe) found in leafy greens, meat, beans, peas, blackstrap molasses, and enriched breads and cereals; used as a supplement to relieve conditions associated with dietary deficiency and to enhance athletic performance. Excessive iron supplementation may also increase risk of cardiovascular conditions.
Jonas: Mosby's Dictionary of Complementary and Alternative Medicine. (c) 2005, Elsevier.

Do you need me to continue or are you going to remain ignorant?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Not surprising. I've grown to believe that much of what's designed to provide us with nourishment might actually be designed to make us ill over a longer period.

I see it as a *bad circle*. For example:

You're healthy and thus not putting "enough money" into big pharma's pockets. So you need to be "made sick" through various things like the cerial above, or the toxic linings of some canned food. You finally get symptoms of various ailnesses and now are putting your hard earned money into the pockets of the major pharma companies out there.

I'm dead serious. Think about it. All the additives in food today, like the toxic liners in various canned foods which were posted on ATS a while ago, aluminum in your deoderant, aluminum bi-products in your toothpaste (flouride), flouride in your drinking water +++.

It's mass poisening meant to destroy us over time.

This is of course my own tinfoiled thoughts.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Thanks Pauligirl.
That article makes me feel a bit better about cereal now.
Think i will go have a bowl!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Lol..I was going to do it today but from some of these post' i have decided that it is safe for me to go ahead and eat my cereal now, but, i'm still going to look at in a different way now

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If you want more iron in your diet, use cast iron pans to cook in. I have used them for years, much safer than other metal pans and pots.

whatscookingamerica.net...

I try to eat whole natural foods that I grow myself....but sometimes that burger at the fast food place is calling my name...lol

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Good topic to raise!

Haemochromatosis-Iron overload is apparent in many physical and mental problems, currently presented to a GP who usually misses this possibility out (hardly surprising when you usually only have a 10 minute appointment) and therefore does not order the right blood test!

One of the more recent physical symptoms cropping up all over the globe is Testicular failure/deformities. Again, unless a specific blood analysis is done it will not be diagnosed correctly, if at all!

Additional food supplements, of what is a potentially a toxic substance, means 'check for iron content in all foods not just cereals! If you are not Iron deficient then you don't need any extra, so keep it out otherwise you do risk an overload at some point.

Link for more Wiki info

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pajjikor

Seriously go ask your doctor if your body needs iron, then tell me if you still want to eat your cereal. He/she will tell you what I told in my last post. If you won't trust your doctor, who will you trust.

I never said anything about needing iron. Why would you get your iron from supplemented cereal full of processed chemicals when you can get iron from whole foods?

If my doctor told me to eat cereal to get iron I would find a new doctor

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It was been common knowledge that metal is found in ceral that claims to offer iron in thier diet. Just take milk or water. add ceral and have a strong magents underside of the bowl. In a short time the metal particles will collect. Dr. Thomas Levy, Colorado Spriings CO. has leatured on this topic for a number of years. The metal is usually tracked back to the factory where the ceral is made. Just cooking with Aluminum, all the food then has Aluminum concentrate in the food, not a healthy way to live.
Where has common sence in people gone? You are what you eat and your cooking habits do matter.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The FDA will just about approve anything on the market.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
wow...i can't believe all this histeria about iron in cereal...hello people did you think there were different kinds of iron that could be put in cereal...its iron...and you eat it... and your body needs it...what more is there to say...EAT IT!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Sure. Nobody is saying that your body doesn't need iron - my personal preference would not be to eat it like that - or any food that needs to be "fortified"... blech. Not to mention my personal disgust at cereal foods, in general.

So, why not just eat it in whole foods or naturally, as intended?

eg: Iron Rich Foods
* Beef, Pork, Lamb (Pick red meats that are lean) Elk, Buffalo, Venison, etc.
* Green Leafy Vegetables: Spinach, Asparagus, Broccoli, Collard Greens, Mustard Greens, Kale, Turnip Greens, Parsley, Cabbage, chard, watercress, brussel sprouts, etc.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PPGrocks

ok, but what if i am taking a vitamin that already has my RDA of iron in it?
should i continue to eat my bowl of cereal each day to lower my cholesterol and die of iron poisoning? (Haemochromatosis??) You see, that is where the confusion sets in on this whole iron debate, how much is too much and/or how much is the right amount?

[edit on 6-4-2010 by baddmove]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

if you find a list of cereals that contain these metal filings. please let me know this is shocking

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by fasteddieok18

Try as i might, i could not find a specific list , so i guess just check the labels and make sure, if any of you super search people can help, i'd appreciate it

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
A friend of mine hads hemochromatosis, he gives blood 3 or 4 times a year for the treatment of it and is just fine now. If you are worried about developing it give blood or get your Dr. to test you for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join