posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:00 PM
When I was in grade school we had a guy come to our school and do a demonstration on different science experiments.
At some point throughout the demonstration out came a bag of cereal and a box of magnets.
He didn't use a blender and water, but the end result was the same.
What he did was crush up the whole bag of cereal and then put several white magnets into the bag and after a minute or so of shaking out came the
magnets covered in iron filings.
I must thank you for bringing this to my attention again after all these years. I guess as a youngster I didn't much care about the implications of
iron filings in my cereal, but I sure do now.
Has anyone looked into how safe this practice is?
We know iron is good for us and our bodies need it, but is this the proper way to ingest it?
I would think the sharp pieces of iron although practically microscopic could cause some type of damage to your intestinal tract, or perhaps even be
absorbed into the blood stream. I don't know.
Sorry, but I don't have time to look for the answers to these questions right now, but I most certainly will when I have the time.
Can't believe I forgot about this. lol
Thank you OP for something to think about!