It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White supremacist Eugene Terre'Blanche is hacked to death after row with farmworkers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by da_ruse
A good idea?? Backing a small, scared but well armed and close knit minority (Terblanch's volk) into an even tighter corner as tensions rise. Mate, are you out for blood? Once people start killing because it's seems like a good idea... well... Is lighting a match in a dark dynamite factory a good idea?

Although your post is not directed to me, I am going to reply anyway. What do you expect Afrikaners en in particular Boers to do? To sit idly by waiting for these angry mobs to kill them? Obviously, I don't want to see a civil war to happen in Africa, but if the government fails to protect these people and passively supports these hate crimes, they are asking for Boers to protect themselves and their families.

They have gone through a genocide and I as long as the government doesn't act, they are asking for the Boers to pick up arms themselves.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by da_ruse

please understand, i in no way condone his murder. but simply ignoring the reason why it was done, does nothing to intervene in any more of these horrific acts. reasonable people need to step up, and change/stop the acts of cruelty, before you produce a mindset of desperation that results in the act itself.

if you walk up to a person and start slapping him continously, and after a while he reaches down and picks up a club and whacks you across the head, knocking you out...isn't it you that should be thrown in jail for the provocation??

[edit on 4-4-2010 by jimmyx]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
...and nothing of value was lost.

As an aside, that may prove more interesting to British members here, did anyone notice that the Terre' Blanche logo, the tri-swastika symbol bears a weird resemblance to that of the Natwest Bank?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/34e7a459b4f6.jpg[/img]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f9ebfcea1a1.gif[/atsimg]

Edit: Images

[edit on 4/4/1010 by jokei]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I am well aware of what the Boers have gone through. I am well aware of what we have all gone through. My point was that it doesn't matter which side you are on, killing Eugene Terblanche was a bad idea. It can only make matters worse.

With the rhetorical bs being spouted by Malema and the uninformed popular support he has been getting it could get ugly if the violence spreads. I fully support the likes of Afriforum and whish we had more big hitters in the pressure groups and courts to combat the corruption and mismanagement.

I know we won't have Civil war Either, not in the way the rest of the world sees a war. Especially since our murder stats resemble some wartime countries already.

Man you might know how rough it can be on the farms, but I remember what it was like in Joburg when Chris Hani was capped, and that wasn't pretty.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

I'm not surprised... if this guy is acting like that... after all of Mandelas work then he's going to get himself into trouble... also the Africans probably aren't very forgiving especially after only such a little time since they were themselves whipped, beat and killed over there...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Julius Malema sings kill the "boer" and then.... "boers" get killed...coincidence??? I think not... in the one article they said that since Malema started singing that song which literally translates to "Kill the white people" one white person has been murdered each day.

I also find it suprising that the murder weapons were left there with fingerprints and all and two guys just confessed (proudly). I wouldn't be suprised if they were fuelled by the hate injected by the ANC youth league.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Na... doesn't look like the Natwest logo....

BUT.... how about the Isle of man symbol?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/34e7a459b4f6.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 4/4/10 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This story is from a site on which many stories about Boer killings have been gathered. It also contains many pictures of the victims, before clicking, be advised that these pictures are extremely horrific and shocking: link

S.Africa: White Farmer Executed while Kneeling by Blacks

Roedtan - A local farmer was forced to kneel next to his bakkie at the gate to the farm Doringfontein before being shot in the forehead.

Hennie van Vuuren, 53, had minutes before found his wife Celia's blood-spattered body when he arrived at the farm after having dropped off workers. Celia, 53, had been shot dead in the garden in front of their house at about 18:0 on Wednesday.

The attackers did not take anything. TLU spokesperson Dries Joubert described the attacks on farmers as "low-intensity war".

"The fact that nothing was stolen, proves once and for all that the police are wrong in claiming that the motive is crime." source

The songs they sing:

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
A thread running with a link to the Louis Theroux interview with Blanche.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Gives an idea of the personality and ideas of the man.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by da_ruse
I am well aware of what the Boers have gone through. I am well aware of what we have all gone through. My point was that it doesn't matter which side you are on, killing Eugene Terblanche was a bad idea. It can only make matters worse.

Being a mere observer, it seems to me that his death was by no means a political act...but a vicious one nonetheless. And I have no doubt that it will be treated as political. The blowback from Colonialism is a terrible force in Africa, with no apparent solutions at hand. You can't go back.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

No one is ignoring why it was done. E.T. was definitely no innocent but he was broken a while ago. Remember not all Boers are AWB and the majority of White south africans scorn the AWB, but not the plight of the farmers.

In SA he may not have been very vocal or taken seriously by everyone, but he was a high profile political figure which makes this is a high profile case. But the actual crime of murder on his farm is just another statistic in a growing list of farm murders. To top it off, there is a very controversial and popular member of the ANC youth league who has been in the media for the last couple of months regarding hate speech and publicly making a big deal out of his right to sing the song "kill the boer" along with his adoring masses.

Here is another iAfrica article giving a brief history

High profile black man at center of "kill the Boer" controversy openly diregards court order to refrain from the singing the song along the grounds of hate speech.

High profile far right winger who could could be considered the Archytype old skool Boer is killed.

Match in dynamite factory

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Yeah, I thought of that too, but think Natwest are closer to fascism than the Isle of Man.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Nearly every black person who lives in South Africa knows about the AWB.
If he employed them they would have known he was a high profile Far right winger. It was stupid even from their position. And they know it, why do you think they went straight to the cops and fessed up (and that is if indeed the crime was just motivated by wages) because they knew the would be a backlash.

As for colonialist blowback. Whatever. Tell me hero of Africa, have you ever been there? Africa does see colonialist blowback sometimes but this is just crime based on greed and dividing society. You all scream blue murder about the NWO and keeping people in the dark while they line their pockets. Well this is what it looks like at tribal level.

Greed is greed
Hate is hate
Bad men are bad men

The presidents silence on the matter could be taken for consent

[edit on 4-4-2010 by da_ruse]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
reply to post by blupblup

Yeah, I thought of that too, but think Natwest are closer to fascism than the Isle of Man.

Agreed

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by da_ruse

Your country is very new. The trouble with the Boers is that we just do not know them all that we do know is the cartoonish people we see on our TVs.

Malema is a member of the youth wing of the ANC. I have found that the most idiotic elements of any party are either the Old F*rts or the youth wings. Check out the Young Conservatives for a set of complete idiots as well as the labour equivalents. Consider that the possible next president of the UK has strenuously sought to distance himself from the Young copnservatives. Yesterday the Guardian had an article stating that the Lyrics for Ayesaba Amagwala has been banned. The reason is that the lyrics were now likely to incite violence against the white minority...

This is the first time that the ANC has been in Office in a new country so they are new to the intracies of Government.

Anyone with eyes would know that the ANC was more of demonstration group than a terrorist organisation. Frankly I was amazed when the blew up the refinery back in the 70s.

Ps no offence meant about being old farts but I could not help but notice that you have adopted spy versus spy as your tag. haha What a great comic.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Tiger5]

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by da_ruse

of course it was a bad idea...but saying nothing good could come out of it is not correct. many hideous social movements that spawned violence, have been stopped by the murder of an evil leader...it shows the others in that particular movement, that regular people will not put up with it, and they will strike back.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I agree it's a new country. And if you check my posts in this thread as well as the "proof of reverse racism" thread you will see that i'm upbeat and supportive of South Africa. I love it so much I could never express it in words.

But at some point you have to admit there are big differences between teething problems and good old fashioned thuggery.

Eugene Terblanche was a intolerant zealot.
Malema is a spite filled thug.

Both leaders represent a real segment of society, of which both groups have seen their living standards drop. But while Malemas adoring masses starve,he lives it up in serious bling reaping undeclared profits from government tenders for projects.
Wikipoedia definition: Tenderpreneur
Malema the "tenderpreneur"

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by da_ruse

What effect is the World Cup going to have on these ethnic and racial tensions?

If you look at my earlier post on page 4 right wingers and supporters of Blanche seem to be suggesting they will target the World Cup in response to this murder.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by da_ruse

Both leaders represent a real segment of society, of which both groups have seen their living standards drop. But while Malemas adoring masses starve,he lives it up in serious bling reaping undeclared profits from government tenders for projects.

why does this sound familiar...maybe not the starving part, but in western countries, this has been happening at a slow, but sure pace.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

I thought the natwest sign means 666.

Who knows who is behind these groups. You would assume freemasons in s africa knew about symbols etc...

The man in that interview was very arrogant, but Louis is very ignorant from what i see. A better person could of interviewed the person to find out what he really wanted, but louis seemed to want to just trap him.

I just wonder did s african government get him out of the way seeing the world cup was coming?

[edit on 4/4/2010 by andy1033]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join