It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White supremacist Eugene Terre'Blanche is hacked to death after row with farmworkers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

White supremacist Eugene Terre'Blanche is hacked to death after row with farmworkers

www.guardian.co.uk

A notorious white supremacist who once threatened to wage war rather than allow black rule in South Africa was hacked to death at his farm yesterday following an argument with two employees. Eugene Terre'Blanche's mutilated body was found on his bed along with a broad-blade knife and a wooden club, police said.

"He was hacked to death while he was taking a nap," one family friend, who did not wish to be named, told Reuters.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.tel egraph.co.uk
www.washingtonpost.com
online.wsj.com
www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Nice country South Africa. Full of great accepting people. Mabye i am being harsh.

Nick Broomfield filmed a documentary on the guy a few years back. It was pretty funny and the guy came across in equal measures both frightening and a prat.

From the Times

Although Terreblanche has admitted moral responsibility for car bombs that killed 17 people and threatened South Africa’s first democratic elections in 1994, he claimed he had “nothing to apologise for” and believes “God’s on his side”.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

In the BBC Obituary on the man.

Terreblanche's thunderous voice and magnificent style of delivery - alternating between roar and husky whisper, with gestures to match - helped to disguise the complete meaninglessness of what he was saying. His oratory would sweep from the plight of white farmers, to ancient Greek philosophy, to the state of the Soviet Union, without any apparent logic. Terreblanche seemed to walk a tightrope between racist menace and national joke.

The occasion when he tumbled off his horse during one of his own military parades saw him fall down very heavily on the side of the joke - and that was before the embarrassment of the Jani Allen affair. UK news reports had alleged that Ms Allen - a South African journalist - had had an affair with Terreblanche. Ms Allen sued for libel - and lost. Throughout the court case, South Africans were treated to daily reports involving such details as the leader's torn green underpants, as seen through a keyhole by a witness.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Bloke seemed like a bit of a joke to be honest. But still a pretty horrific murder. I wonder what he did to provoke his workers? Calling them Keffas? Exploiting them?

Any SA or other views on the man?

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
A white supremacist called Terreblanche? You couldn't make that stuff up! My GCSE French is flaky, but I am sure that means "White Earth"

Was he born with that name or did he "adopt" it?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

According to Wikipedia it was his family name.

Ancestry The progenitor of the Terre'Blanche name (translatable as either 'white land' or 'white earth' in French) in the region was a French Huguenot refugee named Estienne Terreblanche from Toulon (Provence), who arrived at the Cape in 1704. The Terreblanche name has generally retained its original spelling though other spellings include Terre'Blanche, Terre Blanche, Terblanche and Terblans.

Eugene Terre'Blanche's grandfather fought for the Boer cause as a Cape Rebel in the Second Boer War, and his father was a lieutenant colonel in the South African Defence Force. Born in Ventersdorp, Terre'Blanche later became an officer in the South African Police, even being a Warrant Officer in the Special Guard Unit, who were assigned to members of the Cabinet.

en.wikipedia.org...

President Zuma is calling for calm over the incident so he must be considered an influential figure in the country.

South African President Jacob Zuma on Sunday called for calm after the murder of white supremist leader Eugene Terreblanche, saying the killing should not incite racial hatred.

"The President appeals for calm following this terrible deed and asks South Africans not to allow agent provocateurs to take advantage of this situation by inciting or fueling racial hatred," his office said in a statement, SAPA news agency reported.

www.citizen.co.za...,1,22&Type=top&File=newsmlmmd.4f8f69fe99eb1df96df7575d4e419521.21.xml

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Apparently the "white is right" attitude will get the farm worker agitated enough to show you how much they don't really need you or the racist attitude. At least it wasn't a tire filled with fuel placed around your body and set on fire. The black tire hula hoop of death at least shows a level of imagination.

Anyway, being hacked to death is pretty common in Colombia. That is what happens when the indigenous and oppressed people aren't allowed to own or use guns. The good old machetes and blade knives do just the trick when a gun isn't available.

Farmers have to be ingenious and in case you haven't seen, farm tools can look pretty dangerous at times. It is a shame that someone had to die, but from all indications, justice was served up the old farmer method. Hack, hack, hack. Any questions?

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Yes I remember seeing that also. Was it on Despatches??? Didn't Louie Theroux also do something on him. I also remember his funny Nazi Looking white emblem. Which I think was not a swastika more like a Triskele(sp).

I thought he was a terrible advert for SA but maybe he was hamming up for the media.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

I think it was just a Nick Broomfield production. Not sure about Louis Theroux making a programme on him. Broomfield created the kind of interviewing you see from the likes of Louis( Louis does it better though IMO).

It would appear that he was killed over money.

erre’Blanche’s body was found in his house with head injuries and a 21-year-old man and 15-year-old boy have been arrested and charged with his murder, Myburgh said, according to the Johannesburg-based news agency. There had been a dispute over money that may have been owed for work on his farm, she said, according to Sapa.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It's called Karma.

Guy got nothing more than he gave out himself in his life. Pretty easy to see.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina
It's called Karma.

Having a certain viewpoint, is no justification for being horribly mutilated.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by Jomina
It's called Karma.

Having a certain viewpoint, is no justification for being horribly mutilated.

Didn't say that it was justified or right or wrong.

The guy was one messed up, evil dude. Any wonder why he'd go out in any other way than a messed up, evil one?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Yes true. But i have little sympathy for the man. At the end of the day he wanted to keep apharteid in place in South Africa.

I sometimes feel all whites should just leave Africa. After all the damage they/we and our/their ancestors inflicted (slavery) and continue to inflcit(funding of civil wars, exploitation of natural resources) on the continent, it is not surprising the amount of hatred there is in Africa for white people.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Good riddance.

People like that disgust me.

I am white by the way.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Well deny ignorance is the theme of the site, do such before posting. White’s are not to blame for slavery of the Africans. Tribes would fight (war) with other tribes and capture their captives and either kill,free, or sale to white man. Do a little research and look it up, Ive know this fact since 17 and a few African Americans do to, I have met a few and been surprised they’ve informed them selfs. Do the same before you blame.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sippy Cup

Hi.

I am aware of the tribal fighting and selling of slaves by the tribal chiefs and more powerful sects to the Europeans/Americans but that does not wipe clean the White European/American involvement which resulted in the enslaving and killing of millions of human beings.

It was a legal form of trade in the U.S. up until the civil war and its effects can still be felt today in the Blacks position in U.S. society.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I don't care about white supremacists - I don't care enough to post this.

I am white, you scum can continue to raise anger (Nazi's) I am above you... Dumb scum is the funniest

Peace.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

They did it long before the "White man" showed up and they still do it even to this day long after the "white man" has left..

Yet, it is the "white mans" fault....

Everyone needs a scapegoat, I suppose...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Well with your last post you came one sided.
Back To the story: the guy sounds like he got what he wanted maybe deserved in a hidden unknown way, and living in that certain place makes no sense at all, but to each his own, guess there is a lot of racism going on in Africa. Or actually it’s the biggest bully will win.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Yes i did, and i stand by those comments. He got something thats for sure. Whether it was deserved or not in this case is hard to say.

As Gandalf said ''Some who live deserve death and others who are dead deserve to live. Who are you to decide who lives and dies?''

Or something like that.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Indeed, I agree. Its capitalists taking advantage of something and plain ole simple gain, while the ones sold from their own race cry it’s the buyers fault when in fact it’s their own race that sold them as useless.

Which nobody should be sold and controlled, but they didn’t see the bigger picture.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5

Yes I remember seeing that also. Was it on Despatches??? Didn't Louie Theroux also do something on him.

Yes he did... He met a few of the so-called supremacists, i remember one of the guys being very friendly and hospitable (and looked after the poorer black people for some bizarre twist of reasoning) and then there was THIS guy - who constantly shouted at Louis and rambled a lot and made little sense.

edit: typo

[edit on 3-4-2010 by mr-lizard]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join