It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who would nuke Israel anyway ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
With all the talk of Iran and it's alleged attempt to build a nuke one has to ask , would Iran , or any other ME country even use a nuke on Israel ?

Seeing just how small Israel is and the amount of Muslim Holy sites located in Israel do you really think that any Muslim country would ever use nukes on Israel ?

The fallout would destroy more Muslims and Muslim home lands than that of tiny Israel and the jewish people .

A nuke on Israel would also wipe out many of the Holy places that Muslims hold dear , something they don't want to do . A suicide bomber might be a dime a dozen over there BUT taking out there Holy Sites is something totally different to them .

I am sorry but I just don't see any ME country ever using nukes on Israel , conventual weapons sure but not nukes .

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Wha ha ha

I never thought about it like that but you are totaly right.
A Muslim holy place is considered to be more important than all the Muslims in the world. exept Mohamed

Edit.
Unless it's a Muslim hoax just to screw with the Jews.

And the Jews themselves of course.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Thank you so much for this random thought. It actually does add another perspective that the MSM does not like to point out.

Just like the other ATS member that pointed out how stupid of an idea it is for a Muslim to suicide bomb other MUSLIMS in order to retaliate against the "West".

Just stuff the MSM wants us to believe, that makes no logical sense.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Thinking about it, probably the best solution is if Iran does become a viable nuclear world power, and then the mutual assured destruction doctrine will kick in.

Nobody is going to nuke Israel, unless Israel push the button first.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
i dont see why countrys are building nukes maybe in self-denfense im not sure but isnt the world good how it is?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Gee, I would nuke them. But then, I'd nuke the local McDonald's for dishing me cold fries! This might be a factor in why I'll never have nuclear weapons anytime soon! Cheers!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
That's right, an ordinary person from a ME country may not want to destroy Israel at this expense especially, or not at all - despite official propaganda in their country. But we are dealing with a strange phenomenon here - the rulers of Iran are not what you think.

As for suicide bombers, they are a different case from a state attacking Israel. They are either absolute cult members (of paranoid religious cults within Islamic countries) or they come from a population that is desperate and in need of heroesm to blow up civilians who are seen as collectively sitting at the top of the hated power structure that keeps their people down.
I understand their anger at hte untenable structure of the West ruling the rest of the world, no matter that an intelligent Palestinian naturally chooses a different way to strengthen his or her folks - from organized resistance to peaceful cooperation.

With Palestinians, it is a case of collective forgetfulness too - they are a hostage people. With all my sympathies, their history started by the neighboring countries naming them Palestinian Arabs instead of Jordanian Arabs etc. and keeping them in tent camps. Egypt would outright refuse entry to such Arabs. Therefore they started to call themselves Palestinians. They are - according to the states neighboring Israel - pawns in the game to be used in their own fight against Israel - which they probably see as continued European colonialism.

The picture is complex, and since everyone expects hostilities between the Iranian leadership and the West, including Israel, it is hard to see what is real. It is imaginable that Western intelligence penetrated the anti-Ahmadinejad front in the summer precisely to lose the election to keep him in power because either 1. such an extremist would not even shudder from sacrificing a good part of his own culture to a war 2. he is not smart enough to see that he is being manouvered to prvoke a war 3. he is an agent of some hidden power that decided upon making war and he simply acts his role.

Judging from what I know of ordinary Iranians, they want no war and would rather live in Western comforts. Some probably agree that nuclear power could be useful as a deterrent, some will not even buy that rhetoric from their secretly hated leaders.

Thirty years of Theocracy would convince anyone today that it is better to be without that, either a modern Muslim or an atheist or a more traditional type. The dictatorship - largely maintained as far as public consent goes - by constant and unjust Western bullying - does not build tradition, they only say so. Similarly, in Soviet-occupied Eastern Europe most people when asked directly said that was a state of workers and peasants, when almost everyone knew deep down that if it were not for Soviet occupation, things were different.

Maybe the majority of Iranians would secretly want a more tolerant and less confrontational Muslim state - and they could argue why a Muslim solution is best. But the main thing is they would not really want tyranny over their heads. I think the majority of Iran are divided, and there are far more people in their big cities who would want to keep Iran as it is, with less direct oppression. I mean, one of the best things about Iranian culture before the world is their wonderful music. Music itself was banned for a few years by the Theocracy, except calls for prayer. Now people started getting busy making tapes in basements and Iranian music got to be so popular as never before in modern times. The interesting thing is that most of it has lyrics that came from Sufism or religoous poetry, as has been that way traditionally. So a true religion was persecuted by Theocratic madmen who always legitimized their iron-fisted rule by cruel outward pressure from the US etc. If we let enough steam off of them, they might actually topple Ahmadinejad. But this way we reinforce the paranoid ideology spread by the dictators.
However, if we want a war anyway, for whatever economic or geopolitical reasons, then keeping the pressure up is the sure way to go down the war hole.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The right kind of nuke, deployed at the right altitude could create a EMP that would not neccesarily contaminate anything, not destroy any holy sites, but would completely dissable Isreals state of the art machines of war.
Then it'd be a no planes no tanks no missles. A war of rifles and grenades.
And, I think Isreal would still probably hold its own, so unless 'godless' gets the button after going through the drive through we'll never see any nukes in on, or over Isreal.

And if we do, well then we'll probably get that promised thousand years of peace.
Imagine, nothing to fight over.
I'm think I can hear John Lennon singin in my ear.."imagine all the people, living in harmony"

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
A nuke on Tel-Aviv, will less likely affect holy sites such as Al-Aksa.
They choose how many megaton to put in the bomb, and they choose what primer to use, dirtier or "Cleaner", so they definitely can nuke this country and be happy about it.

For all the people here who day dream about Israel being nuked, and feel that this will be the end of all thats wrong in the world, I have on thing to say:

- You are totally nuts, if you actually, for one second, think that using nuclear weapons on any nation, no matter its crimes, is a right thing to do.
The only group that will be hurt by this, is the people themselves, not goverments.

If you want to bring a goverment to its knees, all you gotta do is simple - Dont Comply!
If this will happen on a mass scale, it will make nukes look like BB gun.

This is truly the greatest weapon, the power of the people! to assert their freedoms.

I will debate any person who feels that the deaths of a few milions of people is "nesecery" to maintain peace.

We can have peace at the current situation.
We just need to change the way we think, YOU - those who feel Israel should be nuked, should change the way you think, same way as those who think their country is rightous no matter what it does, should change the way they think.

You cannot have peace through war!
The only possible way to maintain peace, is through non-violence.
Just a simple change of brain wave frequency.

Be happy, positive, and loving, and the rest will follow.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by freebourn

You are absolutely right and I hope that some day this comes to be reality.

Respect

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Probably the easter bunny or Santa Claus...

At least it would be more believable than all the scaremongering the zionists are trying to make us believe.

Eh warmongering zionists : MOVE TO ISRAEL AND ENLIST OR SHUT THE HELL UP.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
freebourn

I say these stupid things then only SEE them through other peoples eyes.

I don't mean we, they should nuke Isreal. I don't believe anyone will, there would be no usefull results. All would die, the attacked and the attackers, then all those that supported both will suffer as well.

But, I do often wonder about ways to remove the playthings of the Jewish and Islamic faith.

I wonder if that is why their God told them over and over again NO IDOLOTRY...worshiping a place, and its monuments is IDOL WORSHIP.

BTW the Jews first temple was mobil!

Holy land, Holy Mosques, Holy Temples.
Build em and then make em public.

My best solution to the problem would be these should be globaly owned run properties, tourist attractions - used for worship and teaching.

But, that is a fantasy, and I have no real answers, but NO ONE is going to nuke Isreal, so to fantasize that these millenia long land dissputes could dissapear in a flash is a neat fantasy for some of us, when we are being heartless thoughtless and uncaring.

Now, your suggestion of people working together, as crazy as that sounds, if we could just do IT COULD WORK...but uh....yeah now my cinicism is kicking in...and keep thinking of Jeramiah 10:23 "to earthling man his way does not belong to even direct his own step"

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Xcouncil=wisdom]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Now, your suggestion of people working together, as crazy as that sounds, if we could just do IT COULD WORK...but uh....

Its fairly simple, even the Buddha, thousands of years ago, found out how.

Change your goals and ambitions from: (not speaking of you personally - but of the minds of people in modern westren societies)

"BE RICH!!!(*@#&@"
"BE ALL MIGHTY"
"BE INVINCIBLE"
"BE GOD!"
"HAVE A SHINEY NEW CAR!!"
"HAVE A GIRLFRIEND WITH HUGE TITS"

to

simply "Be happy"
and "Love everyone equally"
"Have a peacefull life"
"Be free"

Those goals are the ones who will lead you to greatness.
Not dreams of a red convertible 50k in your pocket and hot babe sitting next to you.
And if everyone on earth set those ideals as goals for himself and for his life, the world would look much much different, I assure you.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Israel, while small, is still more than big enough for someone to obliterate a few of it's population centers with nukes without touching Jerusalem. It's not like nukes only come in one size, after all. They range from about 200 tons TNT equivalent to 50 million tons equivalent. With the technology of the 1960s' US, it would be of trivial difficulty to take out a big chunk of Tel Aviv and force the rest to be evacuated while barely breaking windows outside the city.

A nuke or two wouldn't contaminate the area in any particularly lasting way; as an example, look at japan. As of today, the worst lasting damage has been to their national psyche.

new topics

top topics

join