It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men owe women for 'creating beer'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
30 Mar 2010

Jane Peyton, 48, an author, said women created beer and for thousands of years it was only they who were allowed to operate breweries and drink beer.

The drink is now almost exclusively marketed to men - with television characters such as Homer Simpson the epitome of the beer-loving male.

Miss Peyton has conducted extensive research into the origins of beer for a new book and reports that a woman's touch was found on beer throughout the ages.

Nearly 7,000 years ago in Mesopotamia and Sumeria, so important were their skills that they were the only ones allowed to brew the drink or run any taverns.

And in almost all ancient societies beer was also then considered to be a gift from a goddess, never a male God.

Proof that women are trying to control us!!! we are being invaded!!! First the secret society, then the government followed by the alien abduction and now we have to deal with women trying to dumb us down with Beer... this must be the mother of all conspiracies, when will it all stop!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

thank you snarf!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonguy

women are the best thing that ever happened to men.

where would we be without them?

runnin' out of TP, dirty dishes (if we used any), floor catching on fire,

still wearing animal skins or worse!

love em' all!!!

i'm on your side!

here's to all the women in my life!

men will never cook as good as their mom or grandma.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by fooks]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Thanks

Personaly I think you are aloud to say everything you want in the biggest kind of way.

But due to the easily insulted public I felt it was the right thing to do.
No offense from my part and no offense taken.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Can't we all just get along and enjoy alcohol, whether it be liquor/beer/wine, without bringing sexism into the picture?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

I'm not even religious, so I guess what I meant to say was women are better! I do have to agree with the Guiness statement. that is a dam* good beer

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Ok, go right ahead and take credit. I sure don't care.

Beer:
-Insane hangovers
-Urinate way too much
-Gives me the sh**s the next day
-Tastes like crap
-Gives me a headache and doesn't even get me intoxicated at all

I'll stick to my tequila and rum

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Why is that thread on the front page?
Don't we have more important things to discuss about?
Go on belowtopsecret for Christ's sake

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

We need our beer to tolerate the mind games women play

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
who knows why they invented beer, eh?

maybe to get us stomped on by the big ol' wolly's!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MattMulder

I think you need a couple of beers
Have a Happy Easter and this is history man...very important stuff.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Let me get this straight.

The process of fermentation was.... "Invented"?

Ok, let me paint a little picture.

There is an Orange tree... full bloom...

One of the Oranges falls from the tree onto a stone.

The orange bakes, and is digested by microorganisms.

The alcohol is metabolized by this process by completely natural means.

The inventor was not human, it is natural process.

You ever see people's houses who leave there Jack-o-Lanterns out for a few too many weeks?

All decaying, and.... slimy?

Yeah, that is the invention of Pumpkin Ale.

You heard the one about animals eating decaying fruit because it get's them drunk?

Now *THAT*, is Special!

-Edrick

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yeah, the old legend is..is that women created beer so that men would think they looked more attractive. It does work until morning.

I don't drink anyway, it tends to make men do things they wouldn't normally do and make irrational descisions like hit on a girl, have a passionate night with her, wake-up disinterested but TOO LATE, she's already going to get pregnant because you were drunk and forgot your condom and she "forgot" her pill again and so you have to marry her and have one or two more kids, the marriage goes sour and she divorces you and sues you for child support and alimony and effectively destroys any hope of you ever achieveing anything in life and now you owe the IRS and a vindictive woman who you hate and never would have even touched if it wasn't for beer...............SO THANKS ALOT WOMEN, WE REALLY APPRECIATE IT! A real bonus to mankind.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Phenomium]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Yeah, the old legend is..is that women created beer so that men would think they looked more attractive. It does work until morning.

Read that... could only think of one thing...

(Second line is whimsical)

-Edrick

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Lets not forget that everybody drank beer "back in the day" cuz the water sucked! Beer was the drink of choice for survival! The who and why's don't matter in this case. It was made, we drank it and now we tweek it
Whoever first brewed it should be a hero [or heroine] to all humanity!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick
reply to post by Phenomium

Read that... could only think of one thing...

(Second line is whimsical)

-Edrick

Interesting, the first song I thought of was from a group called GWAR called "slap you around"........look the lyrics up for yourself.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
Lets not forget that everybody drank beer "back in the day" cuz the water sucked! Beer was the drink of choice for survival! The who and why's don't matter in this case. It was made, we drank it and now we tweek it
Whoever first brewed it should be a hero [or heroine] to all humanity!

Beer makes you MORE thirsty so dont act like it was a substitute to crappy water......you drink the beer, you wake up in the morning drinking just as much crappy water to replace the water that beer expends. Beer is a curse to mankind and makes otherwise intelligent people as dumb as rocks and as violent as criminals.Never once have I heard a drunk person get an award for doing anything great while drinking beer. So I hardly would call the creator a heroine. More like a cancer to mankind. Besides that doesn't make any sense, what you said "Beer was the drink of choice for survival!" ...was it "choice" or was it "survival" because in a survival situation...you have limited choices and water, crappy or not sounds like another option? Didn't people have anything other than beer and crappy water back in the day? Milk, crappy water disquised as tea? lemonade? ANYTHING?

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Phenomium]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The title of this thread is misleading. No one knows who first created beer, let alone their sex. The only thing this article claims is that beer was often attributed to goddesses, and it was women who were charged with brewing it. That's not surprising, considering most women back then were in charge of the homestead while the men went off to hunt or wage some silly war.

Don't let that get in the way of your perceived superiority over men though, let's keep these pissing contests going!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It figures- It tastes like horse wizz, smells twice as bad, and gives you one BAD headache after drinking it.

Another fine thing to thank women for.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
If women did create beer then it's my personal belief that they did it to keep their men off of them. Most men can't get it up after drinking too much, so the woman gets a good nights sleep after babysitting him all day. Yes I am a man and this is a joke.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join