It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How my State (FL) is milking every penny from me...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

My post isn't about being ungrateful

That is quite invigorating to see you say that!!!

By all means, if you feel like something isn't right, voice it, but please please, do your research first. If you want to go in guns blazing, it's best to have the proper ammo before hand

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Thank-you, I see that now.

My english teacher always told me: "Never ASSUME, it makes an A** out of U and ME."

Anyway, I'll be sure to check out eveyrhting I do from now on. Just never thought I'd be charged this much to be allowed to drive a vehicle I THOUGHT was mine now...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Welcome to adulthood, gatorboi!

You actually got off cheap with the sales tax. In Louisiana (some parts) the sales tax on cars is 10.5%. Here is a secret: Find out what the minimum amount is the state will tax (usually $250 to $500) and put that amount on the bill of sale. The state makes a lot of money on the other fees which your father should of told you to save up for too.

Also, you will be paying a very high amount for insurance for the next ten years or so as you are considered an at risk driver.

My foster boy was so upset when he saw all the taxes taken out of his first paycheck. That was his welcome to adulthood at age 16.

Good luck with your car, and drive safely!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
At least florida has no state income tax.

Where I live, there is an income tax, and registration fees, and title fees. Etc.

But, my state income tax is pulling about $200 a month from my paychecks.
Add that up every year and its more than you paid to register your car, etc.

Keeping things legal in any state is expensive.

Its all about the money. Period.
No other excuse.
You can't pay for it? Can't drive. Isn't that something?

Just wait until you see what the fine is for NOT having gov't healthcare.
And you think the registration fees are high?
Imagine paying 10% of your salary in a fine just because you don't want gov't HC.

Its all in the bill. Read it. Or not like the Congressmen that passed it.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by havok]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by gatorboi117
Anyway, I am thankful to still have a great job (that I enjoy), a roof over my head, great food to eat (of which I just partook), and a car sitting in my driveway (even if I can't drive it, yet).

My post isn't about being ungrateful, it is about how aggravated I am that the State can do all of this, demand everything I muster up from me, and I can't do a thing about it. Thank God I am actually able to make these payments, and I'm not trying to survive with my paychecks; otherwise, I'd be in trouble.

For you to maintain that gratitude and attitude in the midst of all these grumpy naysayers is highly commendable. Many of these grumpy old men could learn a lesson or two from you. (I'm 53 btw.)

And because of another silly rule I'll never understand. BTS allows no Stars. So here ya go:

Once again. What is more deplorable is that you have to work @ minimum wage. Hardly a living wage in the most powerful nation on earth. Without getting too political, I suspect many of these grouches are part of the group who keeps that wage down.

Keep up the GREAT attitude, work ethic and quest for knowledge! I admire you.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
From the OP:

Insurance for me was already checked BEFORE I made the final purchase:

Like Insurance...., registration, tag, tax, etc. should have been considered BEFORE thinking you were just going to be on the road. Be thankful you're not in a state that also charges STATE income tax...like many northern states do...

Welcome to a first dose of real life, my friend...(and you thought it was hard being a teen...just wait until you're a full adult...)...

Once again. What is more deplorable is that you have to work @ minimum wage.

Really? With no work history, entry skills, and severe work restrictions (minor), you feel minimum wage isn't enough for this kind of work?

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Gazrok]

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Sorry but you misquoted the kid. That was my crack about minimum wage.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It was from the post right above, so didn't cite...(easy to correct though)...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Now just imagine the poor souls who work for the same as you do yet have a family and a home.

I understand that it is frustrating.

But unlike what others in the thread proclaim, appreciate the good life you have also.

You could be working in a factory since the age of 9,and not being able to go to school because you have to work to feed your family a cup of rice a day, which is what happens when you live in a country that doesn't have laws to protect people, like child labor laws and minimum wage.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join