It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Get It

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Why would any of you want a revolt on the paying of taxes? Don't you know that adverage Americans work jobs where the taxes are taken out of their paychecks well before they even get them? How then can the adverage American avoid paying taxes? I don't get it. You'd have to be the head of the employer, I would think, to try to no longer automatically get your employees to pay taxes on a technical system default. But surely of all, you'd have to be some actor that has to pay taxes since they don't get taxes automatically taken out of their gross income, at least to my understanding. Tell me if I'm understanding this correctly because I haven't been paying any kind of taxes for a long time. I've had no job for a long time. When I used to have a job taxes was automatically taken out from my paycheck well in advance somewhere along in the system this country grew to have in place. What say you? What's with all this jazz about stopping paying taxes. Looks like the federal and state governments got the upperhand already on the adverage Americans.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

The rich pay most of the taxes, in absolute terms. The taxes go to paying for things like roads, even though the rich fly in plains, paying for police, even though the rich hire their own security, paying for social services, even though the rich need none of these things.

Then the rich somehow convinced people that taxing them is bad for the country...

Lets see how that works out for everybody.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
A person or business has quite a bit of control over how much tax is paid...

Remember, you do not have a "duty" to pay taxes as a US citizen - but you do have a duty to obey the law. So, find a legal way to minimize them...

Go research, have fun.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

When you speak of tax avoidance are you talking about tax shelters? People should be vary wary of participating in tax shelters. You can face potentially stiff penalties if the tax shelter you participate in does not hold up in court.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

I'm speaking in very general terms - a good Tax Lawyer would be the person to advise...

Definition:

Tax avoidance is the legal utilization of the tax regime to one's own advantage, to reduce the amount of tax that is payable by means that are within the law. By contrast, tax evasion is the general term for efforts to not pay taxes by illegal means. The term tax mitigation is a synonym for tax avoidance. Its original use was by tax advisors as an alternative to the pejorative term tax avoidance. Latterly the term has also been used in the tax regulations of some jurisdictions to distinguish tax avoidance foreseen by the legislators from tax avoidance which exploits loopholes in the law. Wiki

[edit on 3-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Point well taken LadySkadi! I believe it was Judge Learned Hand(?) that stated the principle a person is free to arrange his affairs to minimize taxes. It's my belief this is why Americans seem to be far more church-going than the rest of the world. At least that's what it sez on their tax forms.

gj

top topics

join