It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's documentation of US Human Rights abuses

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
here is an extract from an article describing americas human rights abuses.

it is incriminating that so many governments cooperate with the US government with a complete knowledge of this.

the full article can be read here.

www.rense.com...

While China is no model human rights champion, America is guilty of far worse crimes as well as all of the above abuses, yet rarely do major media reports reveal them.

On March 13, two days after the State Department's report, China's Information Office of the State Council published its own comprehensive report, titled: "The Human Rights Record of the United States in 2009," correctly saying America:

[snip]
Countering official American mythology, its Information Office of the State Council presented an accurate account of what US propaganda suppresses, revealing some of what's known but publicly concealed about:

-- the world's most lawless state;

-- a society in social crisis;

-- a domestic armed camp under police state laws that suppress human rights and civil liberties, criminalize dissent, allow illegal spying, control information, persecute political prisoners for political advantage and deny them due process and judicial fairness;

-- torture as official US policy at home and abroad;

-- the operator of the world's largest global gulag;

-- systematic targeted killings;

-- permanent wars for unchallengeable dominance:

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by GAOTU789]

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Sun Apr 4 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well well, I guess karma is real after all.

We always enjoy to point out the injustices that happen in China (and they do happen).

But what the article states, which is 100% TRUE, is that the media here covers up the fact we abuse human rights DAILY in the USA.

"a domestic armed camp under police state laws that suppress human rights and civil liberties, criminalize dissent, allow illegal spying, control information, persecute political prisoners for political advantage and deny them due process and judicial fairness;"

So incredibly true. Also I can add, there is tons of evidence showing that these actions go back well into the 40's 50's 60's etc.

Soooo....does this mean CHINA and the USA will turn a new leaf and stop abusing human rights all over the place?

Nah, this just means they are honest about it now.

Stay tuned, Justifications for these abuses will be supplied next. That way both nations can continue down this road to destruction!

[edit on 3-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
What really irritates me is that millions of Americans will learn about our own human rights abuses then say; that's horrible, i didn't know we did that, we aren't doing that, or i knew it*with a sense of pride*. Then we just go back to work and continue with our everyday lives and suppress that information to the back of our minds and move on.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

Well there is no denial to USA's human right abuses but I dont consider Rense good source for any material. Is there any other website where this has been documented?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This illustrates a rather sad fact that bears emphasis...

That China, being the holder of 1.3 trillion in us dollars as bank surplus and being the largest holder of US government bonds,....

That China can AFFORD to tell the truth about the United States.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by seataka]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
What really irritates me is that millions of Americans will learn about our own human rights abuses then say; that's horrible, i didn't know we did that, we aren't doing that, or i knew it*with a sense of pride*. Then we just go back to work and continue with our everyday lives and suppress that information to the back of our minds and move on.

Well they didn't experiment brain washing techniques for no reason you know.. Brainwashing works, it is not hard, especially when almost everyone has a Brainwashing machine right inside their house, some in every room.. Yeah you guessed it, your blemming TV..

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by seataka
This illustrates a rather sad fact that bears emphasis...

That China, being the holder of 1.3 trillion in us dollars as bank surplus and being the largest holder of US government bonds,....

That China can AFFORD to tell the truth about the United States.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by seataka]

And with that being said, I take this as all is not well in that bed we made and share together, and I look for some pretty bold and forward moves from China.
I smell a bitch slap coming just around the corner, and my gut says it's gonna sting!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Too bad none of this will change anything. We're lucky if anyone new will even see this type of information, not that Rense is the hardest-hiting, story-breaking, trustworthy "journalist" out there. I just wish a media source would pick up stories and try to find the truth. Thanks for the info.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I think my works websense speaks the truth about rense.

"Content blocked by your organization

Reason:

This Websense category is filtered: Racism and Hate. "

Any other sources?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
well since most other countries don't follow the POW rules laid out back in the day why the hell should we??? I do not think it is fair that the "terrorsits" which DO exist cut off our heads on the internet and we are going to treat them nicely...... yea ok

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
This is just another reason to return to the Constitution and scale down our empire abroad. In today's America, is this how we wish to be represented to the world abroad? Is this who we are?

We cannot stand on some sort of moral high ground when we can't even identify where that high ground is. When Bush was in office none of this was acceptable, today it is acceptable because it's a different guy, we need to stop doing this crap to ourselves. There is nothing good about China being able to throw human rights issues at our face.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
*one dirty government hand slaps another countrys dirty hand*

"Now look what you do to people!! That is so wrong! Your evil!"

*citizens of another country with dirty hands, snub noses at accused dirty handed country*

"Dirty nasty dirty country! And their citizens relish in this news, with all their 'wild west days' and 2A rights screaming, I bet!"

*citizens of accused country*

" yeah, we're being accused and snubbed at by who? Oh....uh hmm. Hell, we can imagine what the people we can't control have done BEHIND our backs look how we've been treated to our faces?! Now how pristine is YOUR government?"

In closing, I'm an everyday guy, and I learned not to point fingers, as there were 3 pointing back at me. Thumb not included guys. Americans need to fix america, we mostly don't like the empirical(sp) stance of our government, among other things. China? Pffft, their citizens can't surf the web unfiltered, so there goes that argument, and
Otheres have work to do in their"neck o the world" as well sooo...

[edit on 4-4-2010 by ahmonrarh]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
That's a pretty damning counter by China. Although I certainly won't be immigrating there any time soon.

However, there could be a few things missing from the list such as the importation of illegal drugs by certain alphabet agencies, the suppression of medical discoveries and the suppression of technological advancements that could help 'save the planet' amongst other things.

Someone is not telling the whole story......But that's the NWO for you.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by cams]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Its remarkable to see these 2 tyrannical governments getting into this order of pissing match. Quite absurd really. Bunch of hypocrites.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Absolutely fascinating.

But now these very same horrors are coming to America itself, and Americans don't like it.

You reap what you sow, and what goes around comes around.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thanks for the link. Seems authentic enough but they were talking about 2006.

Here is first page of the report entilted

"Human Rights Record of the United States in 2009"

www.gov.cn...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

China's is accurate and revealing. It could have included more, but presents a disturbing account of the real America, not the fictional one portrayed daily on TV screens, films, major publication accounts, what's taught in schools or preached in houses of worship - a sanitized version of what growing millions experience daily and what Blacks, the poor, Muslims, Latino immigrants, and Native Americans have known all their lives as well as America's global victims.
I had to LOL... considering the coments about the real America and Native Americans. Talk about media twist. I guess China is more forthcoming about Tibet than many in the USA (I hesitate to call them Americans since that implies from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego) are about the Native / Indigenous Americans, right?

That, by itself, tells me I should put a LOT of salt on what I hear... and not so much sugar on what I say.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I am reminded of how little the general German public admitted to knowing of the atrocities committed around the time of WW2.

Power almost always corrupts. Much of what has been spoken of in this thread is widely known - but all too often a blind eye is turned towards the inhuman behaviour of those working behind a veil of 'national security'.

The US is certainly not alone, but it is one of the greatest offenders - and the situation is exacerbated by claiming a moral highground throughout. Personally, I consider those who abuse others in the name of religion to be among the worst and perhaps lowest forms of life. 'God told me to do it' is a sickening attempt to justify what the perpetrator knows to be an abhorrent misuse of power.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

You can find the full text in China Daily.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

This Chinese report becomes an annual tradition and only released after the US Human Rights report about China and the rest of the world. In the US Human Rights report they always exclude USA from the analysis, this is why China claims they feel "obliged" to make an "objective" about US Human rights violations as well.

Raraly this Chinese report about US Human Rights is picked up in the Western media, but seldom by the mainstream ones.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join