It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the world Aussie Bloke hoax thread...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I thought people might be interested that rense.com has used one of ATS's threads on their website:

Nostradamus and the Coming Comets.

I still will keep my attention on this Asteroid attention.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
[edit on 20-10-2004 by antipigopolist]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
the one thing that bothers me is that this little hoax has a date coming up very soon, where as most others are years away. why go through all the trouble for something when its going to be debunked in a few weeks. unless this has been going on for a while?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I think the fact that someone claims its a hoax is evidence enough to prove it as a hoax... why? coz the world is going to end every couple of months apparantly (i reckon we got untill 2012)... if we get hit... well good for us... if we dont, then all you guys who not only believed aussiebloke, but violently protected his accuracy and credibility, will sure lose some credibility yourselves... either way i'm not fussed... my birthday comes before the 18th so i'm not missing anything if we all die...

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Me....Just hopes Pizza Hut stays open....

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omega Pickle
Let the debunking begin Duke. I would like some closure but I still remain skeptical.

And debunking is bad because? The only thing I am talking about is the information that AB provided. He said check it out. He has provided specific information that does not check out. To me there are a lot of things that do not check out, but I am just talking about the specifics that AB provided.This is not like UFO,NWO, or many other topics we talk about on ATS that may be open to interpitation, he is saying that these are hard facts, facts that do not check out.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Oh no man I did not mean it in a bad way. I was just saying. Nothing bad about it.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omega Pickle
Oh no man I did not mean it in a bad way. I was just saying. Nothing bad about it.

No problem, it's just that the term "debunking" is used a lot of times like the term "Nazi"

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
***quoteing DirtJockey***
Come on... It's a BS reason to shut that thread down. You want to talk about hard to navigate? How about 850+ posts over two threads instead of one? If you want to curtail postings, make us write in Haiku.

You can claim no more truth in that hoax posting as you can in any other AB posting. If you want truth and proof, lock the thing down at 12:00 AM on June 19th.

I am with you DJ, why on earth lock up the thread? till the 19th at least?..................and also LMFAO about the Haiku 'suggestion' man alive....your not only very bright but VERY FUNNY!

(now I want to work on a haiku)

There ARE longer threads in the most replyed threads catagory..........
why cant the AB thread STAY open till its over? the fat lady hasnt exactly SANG yet
I dont understand the reasoning behind shutting it down...YES I HAVE read the excuses but I am TOTALLY with DirtJockey on this one......

(1st time I have EVER quoted anyone on ATS and I got in trouble for it
) I guess I dont have enough points yet to QUOTE

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Apparently, Aussie Bloke's prophetical threads have been removed from godlikeproductions (or GLP for short). The rumor mill has it that they (Elaine and whoever else is responsible for GLP) were being harrassed by some organizations that have names like acronyms (A.B.C., for example, but in this case the insinuation is NASA or FBI or CIA or all of the above, etc). I am not sure I believe even that, although it is possible since one of the Aussie Bloke posts contained the name of a real employee of NASA, saying this individual WAS Aussie Bloke, which was really bad form, as not only was his name revealed, but his email address and his work information at NASA. Of course, if his email addy was accurate and up-to-date, and he actually reads it, then he probably was flooded by the lunatic fringe demanding answers and proof that he was indeed Aussie Bloke. If the poor guy had no clue, which he probably didn't, then I imagine he would be rather upset to find his name plastered on some conspiracy board as being the author of an astronomy based conspiracy that was already being attributed to the suicide/deaths of a family who thought the end really was nigh. (Not sure I believe that either, as the article didn't pinpoint the source of the information, whether it was Aussie Bloke or some older/other theory).

Aussie Bloke's theory, while convincing in many aspects, is also equally unconvincing. It has some major holes in it. Such as the concept that he had to hide his identity for fear he would be discovered by the ptb, when in fact, the ptb were the only people who would have the ability to know who he was in the first place, so the whole "secrecy" of his identity was a ruse to hide his identity from his readers. Had he just admitted that from the beginning it would've made more sense, as no one would blame him from wanting to keep the lunatic fringe from arriving at his house to harrass him about the end of the world.

Antipigopolist, also points out some important information: Those asteroids are indeed REAL but their impact points are not impact points at all, as their trajectories "would put this location well above the Celestial Equator and nowhere near the Earth's South Pole" (read his post above).

To his credit, Aussie Bloke has chosen real NEOs (near earth objects that are potentially hazardous per NASA's own admission. these near earth objects can be seen on NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab page here neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

) to advance his hoax. The problem is, this could be done by any one of us. Any of us could pick a few NEOs out of a list, choose a date that they will be known to pass earth, and assign them the task of destroying a major portion of the earth. He might've been taken more seriously as well, had he not chosen an anonymous board famous for its lunatic fringe and complete anonymity from the other posters but not from the organizations he claimed to fear in the first place.

Too many holes and possibilities. If anyone has anything to add credibility to his hoax based on the information at NASA's JPL site on NEOs, please do so as we all would like to see this thing put to rest one way or another.

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by Undomiel]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Well, I spent about three hours on the internet checking out all the newspapers in Neb.. I found one newspaper that will let you look in the back-dated news files, so I back-tracted to May 14,04, and do a national-check. There was nothing , no where, about any man killing his family because of AB's crap, NONE !

I also spoke to my son today and told him that Aussie Bloke was a fake and everything AB said was a hoax, so he shouldn't worry.

He was first releived,... then a little up set that a person would do something like that to others at any rate we decided that AB needed to be tar and feathered.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
WTF?

This Bloke thing is moving so godam fast, I dont know whats going on anymore with either the reality of it all or the heavy handed moderators.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thatoneguy
LOL this is too funny and i think it was a little immature of skepticoverlord for closing that thread. Someone posts about someone claiming it was a hoax and instantly the thread is closed.... It is too early for the real hoaxer to come out and admit that it was all a joke. I believe that he will reveal himself within three days of June 18.

Agreed.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Yea and another thing.

So many people have owned the locking moderator in so many ways i have to agree.

I dont see you guys breaking up other enormous threads.

Atleast be consistant.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
At NASA's JPL NEO page neo.jpl.nasa.gov... , there is no listing for Asteroid 199, the first asteroid listed in Aussie Bloke's 3 asteroid scenario. It can be input to the search box at the top of the page, with the result of this:

Asteroid 199 Byblis neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Asteroid 199's orbit is outside Mars' orbit, even when the timeframe (in this case June 18, 2004, derived by clicking the DATE button and inputting the date) is input into the box below the applet. In other words, each planet orbits the sun at a set distance. First Mercury, then Venus, then Earth, then Mars, and then Asteroid 199, and then Jupiter, etc. Unless this information has been falsified by NASA, there's no indication that Asteroid 199 is even a NEO in the first place.

Asteroid 005 Astraea , is also in outside the orbit of Mars, as can be seen here: neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Asteroid 003 Juno neo.jpl.nasa.gov... , is also outside the orbit of Mars. All three of the supposed incoming asteroids are not NEOs and in fact, are just part of the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter (unless NASA is lying - there's the basis for the conspiracy theory).

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by Undomiel]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The only known scheduled or foreseen impact is from Asteroid 1950 DA, all the rest are psuedo-science at best.

I'd say the AB hysteria is a result of an unknown economic future, and the by product of the war on terrorism. People are seeking an outlet to their powerlessness and frustrations and thus want to blame the heavens for their demise i.e aussie bloke doom from above.

external image

If you live to see 2088 then you can worry.

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...
www.space.com...

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by psyopswatcher]

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I think SO just started this thread so he could get the mad posting points off of the "Scary End of the World" interests.

Honestly, he's one of the top authorities here. I don't think the points matter to him at this time.

Also, if someone (ScoFe?) is getting a ridiculous amount of points from a single thread, I don't think it's right. No offense ScoFe, but I think points should be awarded based on many events, showing critical thinking on multiple topics. Not just one alarmist doomsday topic.

Also, the initial thread was shut down, but this one was IMMEDIATELY started. Obviously SO is still cool with people talking about it, but the other thread was getting out of control and needed moderating. 15 more days and that thread would have reached 100 damn pages. For what? Discrepent speculation. Should discrepent and often unfounded speculation EVER be rewarded in the name of denying ignorance? I think not.

And remember, in a few days it'll be obvious who was right and who was wrong. It's either the end of the world, or BS. Spending the last month of existence saying "Is not," "Is too" is really really sad.

I'd like to see the "Naysayers" abuse the "Alarmists" if it proves false, but that's just the cruel side of my personality.

I love you all, don't take this personally. I'm new, so I'm probably inherently wrong.

--J1M

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by Just1Man]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Hmmm.... just wanted to remind everyone of the Fed's actions regarding the money supply... that is verifiable proof that "something" is going down, if nothing else but Alan Greenspan has cracked

btw, hello everyone, I'm kyle, and I'm new here.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Surely the 'flap' about this whole issue over the last few weeks would have prompted scores of amateur astronomers, and possibly some professional ones, to have searched for the incoming clouds and objects. I'm no astronomy expert, but I'd take an educated guess that if the asteroids and cloud were coming from the 'south' they would be detectable from Australia, New Zealand and parts of South America.

If there was any truth to it, surely we would now have corroboration one way or the other from knowledgable sources? I find it odd that no-one has come forward to state they they have checked and that there definitely is or isn't anything coming.

As for the navy manouevres, I find this odd and suspect the 'terrorism' story to be a cover. After all, why would you need to deploy your navies to counter terrorism? What use would the navy have been on 9/11 or in Madrid or Saudi Arabia recently?

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
~~ GlossyAussie~~
The bastard toyed
~~~~~
With an asteroid
~~~~~
A blokes hoax
~~~~~
of galactic jokes
~~~~~
4 the PARANOID
~~~~~

"thank you very much" said in my BEST Elvis imitation

((obviously I dont REALLY know how to haiku))

BUT....it WAS fun!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join