It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the world Aussie Bloke hoax thread...

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I posted a link to info on the June Bootids over a week ago, which can be found here www.abovetopsecret.com... Also posted the same link in one of the earlier AB threads a week before that, but said thread has since been trashed. In a similar thread from another site (which actually lead me to ATS) I stated the following regarding the Bootids (posted June 3):

"Hi all! 1st time poster here, mainly cuz I just like to read, but I had to respond to this "End of the World" talk. I live in Jersey less than an hour from Grover's Mill, and I have niether heard nor read anything about any "fireballs" or meteors touching down. I even checked back articles in the local paper, "The Trentonian."

HOWEVER, I did find something interesting in my searching!!! The following can be found at: www.njaa.org...

"The June Bootids are whats called a periodic shower. This means that some years put on quite a show while other years the showere doesn't appear at all. Following a terrific, albeit unexpected show in 1998 the June Bootids have once again been added to the IMO's Working List of Visual Meteor Showers, and encourage all observers to routinely monitor the expected activity period in case of future outbursts.

The JBO was detected in 1916, 1921, and 1927. With no significant reports between 1927 and 1997 the IMO were justified to think that the stream no longer crossed earth's orbit.

However the rate for the JBO in 1998 reached ZHR's of between 50 - 100+ and were visible of half a day. Due to erratic behavior of the outbursts, there is no way to predict future activity so it ikmportant that observers monitor this shower. The meteors come in to the atmosphere at a slow 18km/sec and will appear to emanate from an area between the Bootes kite asterism and the constellation of Draco."

The meteor shower begins on...(drumroll)...June 26 and goes to July 2, with June 27 being the peak day. This seems to nicely fit with the days of "impact" given by the bloke from Aussieland.

I have to agree that all this talk is a modern attempt at a War of the Worlds prank. With all the information available at our fingertips nowadays with the internet, any prankster can get information like this and try to be clever. Nice try though.

Well, thats about all for me. Sorry if I was a little long winded. Talk to ya later. PEACE!!!"

Aparently, nobody wanted to hear what I had to say. I guess they were hoping I was wrong

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
This is interesting regarding Wild 2:

home1.gte.net...

This was a prophecy which "failed" to happen...
However, it could still happen. But with another comet, like Wild 2...
"Phobos" being the greek word for "Terror", Nostradamus, War against Terror and all that...just a thought...
Didn�t Nostradamus also say something like: "The Wild one takes a dive...blahblahblah..."? Makes me think about a Comet named Wild changing orbit or something anyway...
The comet doesn�t impact the earth, it hits Phobos...
Then Phobos leaves it�s orbit around Mars, takes a trip around the Sun before it hits Earth or our moon...Ok, this won�t probably happen, but if it did it would surely fulfill alot of prophecies...

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
You guys appear to love keeping the ball rolling on a dead issue while still ignoring the ORIGINAL informant's very relevant information?

What's happened to sorting the wheat from the chaff, and relevant information dissemination??

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verity
You guys appear to love keeping the ball rolling on a dead issue while still ignoring the ORIGINAL informant's very relevant information?

What's happened to sorting the wheat from the chaff, and relevant information dissemination??

Okay you lost me on this one. Would you please remind us of what exactly we are missing...
Sure I doubt it will happen, but you never know.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Cause if he cant then... who made this one? www.surfingtheapocalypse.net...

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
What? I'm still here. Dang. I better hurry up and pay my rent :-)

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Crop circle match up with aincent hopi prophecie code ? www.surfingtheapocalypse.net... whadayou think??

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Well...here it is ...the big day...June 20th....and see, nothing's happened.
This is justice for all you jerks out there who really believed th...

"BOOM!!!"

[edit on 20-6-2004 by lapi7]

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well, mid day on the 20th. Last day in the time frame mentioned for first impact. The sky hasn't caught fire, the oceans are still within their shores, and no giant dust cloud.

Whether the original poster or the monitors were a hoax seem to be a moot point now.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The fat lady singeth, methinks.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Woo Hoo! well until next time......

The Snowball Intercept concluded this morning too..... I noticed over on GLP
after the time had elapsed there was a poster, quick on the mark, with an excuse of there being a 2 day delay due posting times or something.. So we actually have to look 2 days from now.... yeah right... whatever!

I am sure that we will, as always, have many new 'disasters' too look forward in the future..

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
im probably not getting head tonight cause we decided to have company over, which is kinda like the end of the world, but without all the meteores, and nuclear winter, and stuff.

d1k

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
im probably not getting head tonight cause we decided to have company over, which is kinda like the end of the world, but without all the meteores, and nuclear winter, and stuff.

As funny as that was you're going to get a warning or two

d1k

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well its 20 minutes to June 21st here in the EST. Don't want to jinx it but I think it's safe to say nothings coming. Either way its been an entertaining month regarding this thread and I can at least appreciate the read

I guess now things will calm down until September when the big dumbell comes at us

Thanks again all!

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
quote: Originally posted by Verity

Okay you lost me on this one. Would you please remind us of what exactly we are missing...
Sure I doubt it will happen, but you never know.

Fair enough!! here is what you obviously missed, I've editted the post to accommodated those who felt it too long and didn't bother to read it, or just didn't understand the message. I've only included the relevant points I was referring to.....and point out that the ORIGINAL informant was NOT Aussie Bloke ... He was merely the PLAGIARIST....you know, stole, borrowed, lifted the material from some-one else???

The original poster has very relevant information and did NOT give ANY dates, so Aussie Bloke effectively sabotaged the entire line of information. Mr Best gave accurate info, the information that the followers of Aussie Blokes could NOT negate and therefore created pandemonium and fear....

Don't be like the proverbial sheep and and decide to follow the herd and believe all your troubles are over Mr Best is right the SUN is telling you something you should be listening to. All is not right with our magnetosphere.

In post number 605454

Inbound Meteor
Story Plagiarized
From Don Best
5-8-4

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for having me on your radio show May 6, and giving me the best opportunity to disassociate myself from the article:

"Is Earth In Imminent Danger From Inbound Meteors?"

Unfortunately, the writer has obviously been reading what I have been posting at www.timebomb2000.com under the "forum user" name of dragonslayer2001.

I had already posted almost every bit of information listed in the article, and tied the various bits and pieces together. Then the plagiarist not only takes my work, effort, thoughts and data collation, he also steals my Red Flag thread word for word and claims it as his own.

I found all the information that I have spent months digging up curious, and alarming, and certainly worth keeping an eye on. However, in all of my threads, the two referenced here, and the others he/she has taken information from, I have been careful to state that nothing is proven, only that there are a lot of "signs" that something MIGHT be up.

Being ripped off like this is flattering, but it is creating problems.

Even at www.timebomb2000.com, the forum where I usually post, I have been accused of writing this article, and making unfounded claims that the "world will end" in a number of weeks.

Nonsense. I have no information that can define a date or time of anything happening. I do feel that we are in a time of great danger due to the instability of the sun and a number of changes taking place on our planet and a number of other planets in our solar system.

The passage of recent meteors and comets of course holds a certain amount of danger and always will.

He/she then uses the stolen information "first person" so that people will naturally assume that "dragonslayer2001" and the anonymous bushcountry.org writer are one and the same, and by implication, that "noted and warned" may even be the same person.

I have contacted bushcountry.org for over a week. They have not responded. Their article popped up on numerous sites almost immediately, which makes me suspect it was seeded on purpose.

I am asking here, on your site, that they remove the article immediately and post a disclaimer that a plagiarist stole information, purposely set links to implicate someone else, and that the writer "dragonslayer2001" has never stated that we are going to get bombarded with commentary debris any time soon.

Thank you,

Don Best

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
the above got posed twice ... I have no idea why as I posted as normal?

[edit on 23/6/04 by Verity]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Alright, it's 9:30 here on the East Coast and unless I missed the whole event it looks like we can finally wrap this thing up right?

On a side note...did anyone happen to think that the hoaxter knew that there would be several major asteroid sightings (nothing harmful, just close to earth) around this time back when he made his first post. Everyone was talking about how the A/B was not a hoax becuase of all the major asteroid activity, but did anyone happen to think that he was gonna use that to further his hoax?

Anyhoo, it's finally over. Come out of your bunkers and feel the light. It's nice up here!

d1k

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Acutally no mpeak lol. NASA just released info of a new astoid thats even closer then Toutatis which WAS the closest ever passby by a NEO. This is much closer. Check out the thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I can find the orbit and mention on their site of NEO, but can't find anything on the net announcing that they actually discovered it? Any links to media releases etc? I am trying to discover the exact date of discovery as there seems to be a mong history on the sites of MR1's orbit. Also studying the orbit it seems to reach the closest point late tonight or early tomorrow.

[edit on 21-6-2004 by Mynaeris]

[edit on 21-6-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Acutally no mpeak lol. NASA just released info of a new astoid thats even closer then Toutatis which WAS the closest ever passby by a NEO. This is much closer. Check out the thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps this is the "nearmiss" that the hoaxter was counting on to solidify his claims. He's off by a day in the timing but if he knew about this coming back in May when he made his claims, this would be the one that would send everyone into a frenzy. If that was his intent then he's definitely someone "in the know" when it comes to tracking these asteroids, but that's really all it is. A Near Miss. Good timing though huh?

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join