It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the world Aussie Bloke hoax thread...

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verity

Myself and many others don't believe AB ever posted the information that refers to data he claimed previously he would never give ...

He gave lots of 'information' in each post, and like most hoaxers, reeled people in by promising more to come.

On what basis do you select which information you believe and which you don't believe?

How are you differentiating between posters claiming to be AB?

As far as I could tell AB made all the 'original' posts himself using several different ISPs and computers, and said the sites he had posted to initially were closed down, it was only when he appeared at another site when the last posts appeared did they become muddled and out of context, with others offering comments and relaying messages 'supposedly' by AB.

How do you know this? Presumably, because the AB hoaxer said he did? We can't know this for sure unless the webmaster of the site in question makes the IP record information available, which is pretty unlikely.

As far as I know, there is no record of anyone having seen these mysterious other sites which he said were closed down.

Certainly, other people muddied the pitch by pretending to post as him on GLP which has further obfuscated the whole thing. However, it was reasonably easy to identify the original hoaxer by the style of language used and by only accepting posts in this style that were made on the days that he said he would post.

This is one of AB's comments:....
"All we know is this...SIX TO EIGHT WEEKS. The meteor showers we can expect DEFINITELY...and as for November and the rest of 2005...."

Now why would he say 2005 then later give this years dates for impact?????

The same poster was later much more specific about dates, some of which have passed without incident. Particularly, as has been said before, we were meant to be engulfed in a thick dust cloud, turning day into night, by 4th June.

"Also the person who wrote "June 2004... The Beginning of the End?" (which linked the Grover's Mills article) is not the Aussie Bloke but an unidentified person reporting on what the Aussie Bloke wrote."

No, the AB hoaxer posted this along with the other War of the Worlds reference of 'Canberra Tracking Station 43'. Obvious clues to the hoax - like murderers returning to the scene of their crime, hoaxers love the thrill of the chase and can't resist putting in this sort of clue to see if people will crack it.

There is no denying that this COULD be a hoax, but that is not proven, nor will the passing of the dates this month prove anything either.... because AB Never gave those dates.

No, of course, it's not proven either way, and never can be totally conclusively although I'm 99% certain that it's all a load of rubbish at this point and will be 99.99999% certain by this time next week.

AB gave very specific dates, some of which have gone by.

It seems to be that you and the 'many others' you speak of are being very subjective over this and cherry-picking the bits you want to believe and discarding anything that doesn't quite fit, most importantly, the dates given by the hoaxer.

If timescales really don't mean anything to you in applying your 'logic' to this hoax then ultimately you will be correct because statistically, at some point, earth will certainly be hit by a big rock even if it is in 50 million years' time!

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

In short, there doesn't seem to be scientific proof at all of crustal pole shift.

Sigh!!! Archeology, ancient geology, and lost civilizations all prove it. I didn't give these type of links because they don't specifically mention "crustal pole shift".

It seems to me the debunkers are the lazy ones who don't like to do the research, or look for their own links (much easier to find fault with others work), and like others to do the hard work for them, so they have something more to add scorn to ....if it really meant anything to you, you would at least do a search yourself, and offer an opposite conclusion rather than say "This is not what I asked for".

So I can only conclude you are only interested in your own thoughts on the matter, or have no thoughts on the matter????

To find any truth, you have to have an open and inquiring mind, staunch in finding the connection to all things....As all things are connected.

As I said before "We are all born to die" and the when will be sooner....or later.... The imortant thing is HOW we die not when or where.

And I believe that was AB's real message!!!!

"We are not humans on a Spiritual Journey. We are spiritual beings on a human Journey.".... Stephen Covey

Namaste.

Namaste

The Great Perfection is the vast part of ourselves that is truly one with the universe, one with all others; one with all there is. This is true regardless of national origin, culture, race, age, political affiliation, religious or spiritual affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, physical looks, physical condition or whatever.

These words are spoken with deep reverance as a recognition of the divine within another person.

Namast: An ancient Sanskrit blessing meaning: "I honor the place within you where the entire Universe resides. I honor the place within you of Love and Light, of Truth and Peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, there is only ONE of us."

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I didn't give these type of links because they don't specifically mention "crustal pole shift".

Possibly because it didn't happen and can't happen?

if it really meant anything to you, you would at least do a search yourself, and offer an opposite conclusion rather than say "This is not what I asked for".

Well that's the problem, I have done extensive searches myself and can't find any scientific or credible evidence.

I'm not a debunker per se, just skeptical, as anyone with a genuinely open mind should be. Show me the evidence (rather than the new age ramblings in the links you posted) and I'll look at it.

I have offered an opposite conclusion based on the evidence, which is that crustal pole shift is science fiction,

[edit on 17-6-2004 by harrisjohns]

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Bravo HarrisJohns!

I have been following this AB stuff a long time and stand by my opinon of a hoax. When I first read the "later" posts (or forwarded posts I should say) I laughed out loud at the Orwellian references. Way too cute for a serious statement. After that I was amused at the rant and rave tone the re-posts projected. I still wonder why few people did not question the way the information was being proxied by this (still) unidenified re-poster. Got my hackles up. It's not hard to do a trace route and locate the origin of these posts. (Hey ATB Admin, you listening?)

Thanks also for the rebuke you gave. I just don't have the time to go point by point and rehash what has been posted already. There really is selective memory, is'nt there? lol

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gman55
To all:

This quote from the meteor link given by heed...

"Police, who had sent out a search party after Mr Brazel reported the giant meteor that night, developed a theory of their own by the afternoon.

"Bull****," one copper said."

OK...put on your thinking caps again...
Roswell, NM = Mack Brazel the farmer that found the saucer!!! Get it? BRAZEL!!!

Thats like AB referencing H.G. Welles Grovers Mill, NJ.

Geez these clues are so transparent.

Also..all the orginial posts by AB were RE-posted by an unknown poster. Never did AB make his own posts. Convenient hun?

Okay, but you non-Australians don't seem to understand the papers that carried this story. The Australian and The Age are not tabloids, they're the equivalent of your NYTimes and Washignton Post in terms of national news. If you're suggesting they would deliberately carry a false and fabricated story...lets just say it is extremely unlikely.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
"No, of course, it's not proven either way, and never can be totally conclusively although I'm 99% certain that it's all a load of rubbish at this point and will be 99.99999% certain by this time next week. "

Well, touche. And the US government were 100% sure of their known knowns, and known unknowns in Iraq.
This is what you need to do..... read Herman & Chomsky, Manufacturing Consent, 'The Propaganda Model' chapter and then rejoin this discussion. The seeming American reliance on 'official' sources is allarming.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
To the people out there that don't think crustal pole shifts occur, here's the evidence:

If magnetic pole jumping was the only thing that could happen with the earth's poles then under the ice, we would find ice...

However, under the ice of the poles is oil and oil is made of trees...so:

Crustal Pole shifts do happen...and if the "scientists" haven't worked this out yet due to the fact that there's oil under them thar ice caps then they should start up a new hobby - knitting for example.

And for those who say "show me the link", well do your own research - I have stated the obvious "in your face" proof...if you want to debunk my info re the oil etc, then do your own research first : )

On another note, if an asteroid of whatever hit earth (a fairly large one), don't you think that the earch would "re-align" itself and that maybe the poles would be different? Do some experimenting with a gyroscope...

Cheers

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Possibly because it didn't happen and can't happen?

Back at you with your own logic, that's only your opinion, you have not proven it CAN'T happen!!!.

I have offered an opposite conclusion based on the evidence, which is that crustal pole shift is science fiction.

Again it's only your opinion your offering, nothing else, at least I tried to give you something to work with and you CHOOSE to declare it 'New Age ramblings'...The term new age seems to be an American form of insult, I've encountered it many times yet in Oz we barely ever hear the term or hear of it being popularised.

Perhaps you should try looking in different categories for the proof of crustal shift as I suggested previously, such as Archeology, Geology, and ancient civilizations, especially lost civilizations, (now they could hardly be called NEW age). The earth tells a very plain story of past cataclysmic events with no other explanation given as to what occurred. Gee! you don't think there could be a lack of enthusiasm for revealing something that COULD happen again... do you???

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Now back to Aussie Bloke!!!!

You may well be right about him being a hoaxer, and what a fantastic job he has done if that is so. Nowhere else has a hoaxer caused a bigger stir or been the source of such incredibly long posts.

Here is some more I have found, it seems as though AB may well be a 'plagiarist' but not a hoaxer... hmmmm the plot thickens!

Read it right through to the bottom letter from Don Best, who obviously provided the original material for AB. So! is HE the hoaxer, or is the information he provided the truth?

And just for good measure another AB, Don Best truth? There really is a wormwood project run by the Aussie Government at the Learmonth Solar Observatory .... You all remember the comet "Wormwood" from the book of Revelation, don't you? I think that's a better clue than the vague reference to war of the worlds, that wasn't actually mentioned ... Don't you ???

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Read what right through to the bottom letter? Did you mean to leave a link?

I agree though -- it's a great hoax. I've never seen anything spin up so many people on a web forum, and I was a heavy Usenet poster!

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Ooops!! Sorry, I forgot to include the links....

stevequayle.com...

www.ips.gov.au...

the first is the link to Don Best info, the other is the Wormwood link

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I have to admit that I take a perverse pleasure in the fact that a large, air-bursting meteor flew over Australia within a day of the first 'impact' date AB selected.

I mean... it's amazing luck that the Seattle (and now Australian) events happened so close to AB's doomsday dates. I seriously wonder, had the hoax not been proven before that time, if those air bursts could have caused some degree of popular panic (you know, someone mentiones the AB thing to someone who just witnessed the explosion over seattle).

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpspace

If magnetic pole jumping was the only thing that could happen with the earth's poles then under the ice, we would find ice...

However, under the ice of the poles is oil and oil is made of trees...so:

Crustal Pole shifts do happen...and if the "scientists" haven't worked this out yet due to the fact that there's oil under them thar ice caps then they should start up a new hobby - knitting for example.

It doesn't prove it at all, quite the reverse, as even primary school geography books will tell you.

1) For most of earth's history the temperature was very much higher than now and there was no ice at the poles.

2) Continental drift - the continents are all constantly moving very slowly on tectonic plates. The land mass now at the south pole would have been somewhere completely different many millions of years ago allowing plenty of time for oil-forming organic compounds to be laid down.

As I'm sure you know, there is no land mass at the north pole, just ice.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Back at you with your own logic, that's only your opinion, you have not proven it CAN'T happen!!!.

Of course it's my opinion, whose else would it be? And, no, I can't personally disprove it just like I couldn't personally disprove it if you told me that Mars was made of pink blancmange.

What I can do is to base my opinion on the scientific evidence available for crustal pole shift, or rather the complete lack of evidence for it.

You keep on referring to archaelogical and geological 'proof' but you haven't offered anything to substantiate this, just links to the ravings of scaremongers and deranged fantasists.

Past civilisations could have become 'lost' for a million and one more likely reasons than crustal pole shift.

If people choose to believe in this sort of bunkum, then fine, it's their choice. But don't expect those of us with a firmer grip on reality to let it go unchallenged based on the evidence at hand.

[edit on 18-6-2004 by harrisjohns]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
So is this over now? We are all still alive. No global darkening. No catastrophic meteorites. No nothing. Nadda. Zip. Zilch. Big Goose Egg. We should consider moving on and forgetting all of this.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Uhm... SkepticOverlord...

It's "Nada"... Not "Nadda". I don't know what language "Nadda" comes from. But it's not Spanish, or Papiamento...

By the way, it's very dark here right now, but that's because of the clouds.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Nada...isn't that a light chicken cravy? Sorry, a little humor from The Three Amigos movie.

Alls nice and sunny here on the east coast. And I'm on the beach here so if there were a monsoon heading this way I'd know of it. Lets close this thread so that another one can pop up!

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Here is a nice summary of the whole thing, and it doesn't feel the need to even mention Aussie Bloke or any of his posts.

freeinternetpress.com.../06/18/046239&mode=thread

They don't seem to think it's even begun yet, if it's at all real. The whole page is posted "as an exercise for the reader."

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Another metero fell in that area. One in NZ and now

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

Alot of rocks have been falling from the sky this mont.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Omega Pickle

The meteor that was reported to have fallen has not been found yet. Don't you think that with all the high tech radar and such that someone, somewhere would have had a indication or target echo on something as big as a house? That would surely create an awesome radar signature on someones scope.

PS I still think that the person who reported this item to the press (Mr. Brazel) has to be another hoaxer. I'm not insensitive to someone with that name, but really, the connection to Roswell, NM is too much as was AB's reference to Grovers Mill NJ.

Still bright and sunny here.

To: ljhowie
I am not questioning the integrity of your newspapers and reporters. It's just that for claims like this in the US anyway, the source of the story would be verified 1st and most certainly a film crew would have been dispached to the alleged area. Hot scoops like this are just not given headlines unless they can be verified.

[edit on 18-6-2004 by gman55]

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join