It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the world Aussie Bloke hoax thread...

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Good discussion.
I'd like to repeat I wasn't attempting to discredit religious belief so I apologies if I caused offense on that note.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
To all,

Thought this may be of interest:

www.lambreport.com...

Also, the URL at:

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

shows meteorites/asteroids etc...one question though:

Why are there two blacked out areas? It seems behind these areas are masses of "objects"...are they "objects" NASA doesn't want us to see or is there some "valid" reason why there are two "black/censored" areas...any feedback appreciated.

On another note, can someone please LIST the FACTS as to the realization that AB's post was a hoax. Remember, FACTS please, not assumptions, emotional blasts etc : )

TIA

JS

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
There is no way AB's info can be proven a hoax 'until' the events or non events are made obvious...That's the 'fact of the matter.

The best way to get some stability into the discussion is to concentrate on the weather, the skies, the earth (seismic activity, volcanoes etc), and the government actions.

I'm passing on some info (or non-info, however you see it) from Mitch Battros as I believe it to be relevent to the discussion, there hasn't been a lot of diversity in the story so far and facts whereever they are from can't afford to be overlooked.

by Mitch Battros (ECTV)

The EMSC seismology site shows a 6.1 earthquake hit late last night at 31.1N – 80.9W which puts it just off the coast near Jacksonville, Florida. See chart below with US quake in “red”.

I quickly made contact with WJXT Channel 4 news in Jacksonville. I spoke to Frank Powers, who is the news editor for Channel 4 News. Powers reports “at this time we have not received word of a seismic event.” Power states “since it happened late last night, perhaps nobody was aware of it”. I reminded him an earthquake this size in a place that almost “never” experiences earthquakes, the whole city of Jacksonville, and 100 miles on either side would be bouncing off the walls with 911 calls.

Now comes the interesting twist (see below EQ readings)

Real Time Seismicity
Map of recent earthquakes

Last EMSC newsletter (April 2004) Current time: 2004 06 15 21:31:05 UTC News (update 14/04)

(Next 50 messages)
DATE TIME LAT LON DEP MAG AM NET REGION NAME

2004/06/15 08:10:00.0 36.3N 101.6E 30 mb5.7 A. ODC QINGHAI, CHINA

2004/06/14 23:40:09.0 31.2S 179.2E A GFZ KERMADEC ISLANDS REGION

2004/06/14 23:30 A SED

2004/06/14 23:07 A SED
2004/06/14 23:06 M IMP

2004/06/14 23:00:04.0 31.1N 80.9W Mw6.1 A ALFM OFF EAST COAST OF UNITED STATES

2004/06/14 22:55:00.5 24.0N 95.8W 33 mb5.3 A LDG GULF OF MEXICO
2004/06/14 22:54:42.0 18.4N 94.1W mb5.5 A GFZ BAY OF CAMPECHE
2004/06/14 22:54:27.7 15.7N 96.1W 27 M 5.1 M BGR NEAR COAST OF OAXACA, MEXICO

In a follow up conversation with Mr. Powers, I discovered the DoD had notified his office, along with every other major news outlet along the lower east coast. It appears the DoD along with the US Navy and Coast Guard issued a warning that GPS equipment and cell phones will be “out of service” for a period of times and days.

Here is the DoD Warning issued to WJXT News:

GPS Testing Times:

The Department of Defense is warning of scheduled disruptions to the Global Positioning System as part of interference testing. Mariners along the Florida coast and elsewhere are urged not to depend on GPS equipment during these testing times. The dates for scheduled testing are:

June 11 - 11 a.m.-2 p.m.

June 13 - 8 a.m.-noon

June 14 - 2 p.m.-5 p.m.

June 17 - 9 a.m.-1 p.m.

June 18 - 5 p.m.-8 p.m.

June 19 - 7 p.m.-10 p.m.

June 20 - 2 p.m.-5 p.m.

It is quite possible the Naval exercise may have produced a false seismic reading. But this brings up a whole new list of questions on just what the Navy is doing.

After switching my attention to what is going on off our east coast, I find there is a huge military exercise being conducted. After you read the following paragraph, you might find we cannot exclude HAARP weaponry being deployed. Here is part of what I have stumbled across which was published today from a North Carolina news agency.

“GPS interference testing, conducted during a military exercise by the Department of Defense, will make the signal unreliable and may affect cell phone signals from about 50 to 60 miles off the coast of Cape Hatteras as well as some waters off Florida, the U.S. Coast Guard announced Thursday. Due to the disruptions, the Coast Guard is urging all boaters to be prepared for times when GPS may not work or may not be accurate.” Full Article:

Who knows what is really going on. Was the seismic event an underwater exercise? Was it underwater weapons test? Was the seismic reading set to produce a “false reading”? And could it be HAARP is being tested for radio, satellite, cell phone and assorted other frequency devices?

Once again, here I am with more questions then answers!!! Hopefully more information to come.

What we all need to keep in mind is that it has been verified by scientists that the earth is OVERD-DUE for a poleshift by 150,000 years. The poleshift is an 'effect' not a cause, ie. it is triggered by magnetic events, magnetic events are triggered by THE SUN, the sun reacts to celestial events....Soooo don't write off AB's warnings without digging deeper into the world events occurring as we speak.

And don't discount HAARP either, it is a reality.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Has anyone ever discovered the true identity of AB?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Verity

What we all need to keep in mind is that it has been verified by scientists that the earth is OVERD-DUE for a poleshift by 150,000 years. The poleshift is an 'effect' not a cause, ie. it is triggered by magnetic events, magnetic events are triggered by THE SUN, the sun reacts to celestial events....Soooo don't write off AB's warnings without digging deeper into the world events occurring as we speak.

But isn't it established scientific fact that pole shifts when they occur are a flip in the magnetic poles not an actual physical flip of the planet. In this situation, there would be enough of a residual magnetosphere left around the earth during the period of the flip to prevent any serious harm.

If the planet actually physically shifted as often as scientists say that pole shifts occur - every 5,000 to 50 million years and with the last one occurring 740,000 years ago, then the earth would be virtually uninhabitable and life would not have been able to evolve.

The sun recently underwent such a magnetic flip and it was very much a switch of the magnetic field not a physical move.

science.nasa.gov...

Nothing to worry about, I think, just more scaremongering.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpspace

On another note, can someone please LIST the FACTS as to the realization that AB's post was a hoax. Remember, FACTS please, not assumptions, emotional blasts etc : )

JS

Well as far as I can remember without going through all the threads again (which you could do if you like):

* AB said the dust cloud would be here by now and that the first major impact would have already taken place. Neither has happened.

* The science didn't check out for numerous reasons which I can't be bothered to go over again (read the threads).

* The objects he identified were already known, identified and not on a collision course with earth.

* The co-ordinates given for impact sites were actually in space and not on earth.

* The use of Grovers Mill and Canberra Tracking Station 43 as place names in his story. These were both places used in The War of the Worlds and an obvious clue to the fact that the whole thing is a hoax.

* Total lack of corroborating evidence. If AB's scenario was real then a large section of the scientific/astronomy community would be aware of the impending doom and there would be many more whistle-blowers.

* AB claimed to be Dr Grant Gartrell but mis-spelled his name. (However bad a speller someone is they rarely mis-spell their own names).

* Dr Grant Gartrell has come forward to say that he is not AB and is not connected with the hoax. There's no reason to disbelieve him and no evidence for doing so.

It's all clearly a hoax. I don't understand why so many people seem to want to believe that our annihilation as a species is imminent.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Ok...AB said there was a dust storm coming...www.space.com...

Hmmm....and now the show goes on???

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This is all too much! Is it real? Is it a hoax?
I am left spinning in my chair?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jumpspace
* AB said the dust cloud would be here by now and that the first major impact would have already taken place. Neither has happened.

Was the first impact not due 18th to 20th of June ?
The dust cloud is overdue tho'.

Originally posted by colbrezharly
Ok...AB said there was a dust storm coming...www.space.com...

Hmmm....and now the show goes on???

This link isn't working for me ... but following the convetion on space.com - I'd suggest that the URL indicates that the article was dated 14th August 2003 - as I can't bring the page up - does the article you read (or presumably read) mention incoming dust in June 2004 ?

Edit: Ok the link is now working, (it was me, oops) ... anyway - is the discussion on this page not just that bit general in it's scope, especially over the dates of things ?

Thus:

"The solar system is always plowing through interstellar material. The Sun's giant magnetic field thwarts much of the dust from entering the solar system. But the magnetic field weakens periodically, on a cycle that lasts roughly 22-years. The cycle is related to an 11-year cycle of sunspot activity.

This is the first of the related dust storms that has been seriously monitored by a spacecraft.

Some day, the influx could get worse. The solar system is plowing toward the fringes of a galactic cloud known as the G-cloud.

"The time of the entry into the G-cloud is unknown, but is expected to occur any time in the next 10,000 years," Landgraf said. "There will be a constant increase [in dust rates], because the G-cloud is more dense than the local interstellar cloud that is now surrounding our Sun."

(The naming convertion held true - it was from August 2003).

[edit on 16-6-2004 by 0951]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The dust cloud referred to here is caused by two main factors - the transit of the solar system from the Local Cloud to the 'dustier' G Cloud in the local galactic neighbourhood and a reduction at the moment in the sun's magnetic field. This has been known for some time, and, as you can see in the link above, it is not expected to have any adverse effects on us. Just a few more shooting stars.

It's certainly not the dust cloud which the AB hoaxer claimed would arrive at the beginning of June and 'turn day into night'.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Im new but ive been a lurker for a while , however on the 26th of last month there was a copy of a post from AB where he said one of the first impacts noticed would be june 4th, read the article below.

www.thesunlink.com...

In the same post he said in the days after some meteors the size of footballs would fall........

iafrica.com...

[edit on 16-6-2004 by minniescar]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Orbit Comet Exercises Taking Place At Fort Bragg

www.wral.com...

LOL

TPL

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
You know its an awful coincidence the meteorite should be coming to Earth, especially 2, or could it just be the the media decided to report them because the events surrounding them were unusual!

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
First NZ, now a house-sized meteorite hit on the New South Wales Coastline in Australia.

When was the last time 2 meteors hit the earth a week apart in the same region?

www.theage.com.au...#

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
...or do we need a fresh thread for this Administrator?? New info?? Huh?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Somebody is following this info?

www.rense.com...

www.rense.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ljhowie
First NZ, now a house-sized meteorite hit on the New South Wales Coastline in Australia.

When was the last time 2 meteors hit the earth a week apart in the same region?

www.theage.com.au...#

house sized seems rather large... how often does something like this happen? Does anyone know?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
It seems to me that this is the only person that either saw or felt the meteor... and he lives in Australia... hmmm a guy from Australia.... where have I heard that before????

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Verity- People in some areas on the East Coast were told not to use their GSP, or any other similar satellite transmission because it could provide a false report. This is due to The Naval Exercises.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Mynaeris wrotes:
"It seems to me that this is the only person that either saw or felt the meteor... and he lives in Australia... hmmm a guy from Australia.... where have I heard that before???? "

are you talking about the article in the link above...(the house-sized one?)or are you talking abouta diferent one?i ask you this because the article above says this:

"Workers at the Sydney Airport Tower said they saw a meteorite about 9pm, police said. "

you can go check to confirm. if it is about the same article it seems to me that the meteor was sighted by several persons. maybe i have misunderstooded, but you can confirm that please

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join