It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the world Aussie Bloke hoax thread...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I think we all know it was a hoax, but the discussion has now branched out into whether the government would be capable of covering-up something this big. A large object WILL eventually hit earth, you wont find a scientist who believes otherwise. But on a universal scale our lifetimes are miniscule so the odds of it happening soon are very small, but possible, so its a legitimate topic to discuss. I just take heart knowing that if an event like this occured, we would definitely see increased luanchings at NASA because they would try to knock it away at least, they have plans for this, whether they work is left to be seen. I just dont think the government could ever cover something like this up. They would have to twist alot of nipples because thers alot of eyes looking out to space.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
JD- I agree that something will end up hitting the earth, but not for a really freaking long time. There is no possible way for this to be covered up. As you said, there are too many people looking into space nowadays. Information is easier to come by these days, especially with non-government related agencies. I just can not see how people are still discussing this as a possibility for June 20th.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think we still talk about it because weve all watched those movies, weve seen discovery channel specials, its truly scary stuff. And at the beginning although once I read ABs message I knew it was BS, just a hoaxer whos character was some cynical mad scientist who was thirsty for our asteroid boiled blood, I think everybody thought about it for a second and thought what if. Its the only thing we know of that spells doom for pretty much everybody, not even our most powerful nukes hold a candle to an incoming space rock, and what an ugly way to go, burned alive or choked out by dust, its such an unknown thing, far scarier than E.T.s landing, because theres always a very good possibility beings that advanced arent murderers. But an incoming asteroid is a murderer, on a total scale. So I guess now that its debunked we are kinda still thinking about, playing an adult version of bloody mary in our minds to scare ourselves, alot of people love to be scared. Remember Y2K?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Im just curious how scientists can say that something will hit us but not in a long time? They say Asteroids hit earth once in a million years or so, but guess what if the Dinosaurs died from an Asteroid 65 million years ago then statistically that time is up. Also Nasa only know the trajectories of around 400 really large NEOs out of around 1100 so how can they make that prediction to begin with? Also one can wonder how they know its 1100 when they only have found 400, again predictions.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This Aussie Bloke dude claims that is covered by black dust..

A comets tail always faces away from the sun because of "Solar Winds" force it away

wouldnt a black dust fade away before it got too close to earth?

I'm not an expert astronomer so I cannot answer that question myself

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
[EDIT] nevermind...

[edit on 8-6-2004 by gravriderX]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Well, today is the day that the skies were to start darkening. But we all know now that is was all a hoax, right?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
hehe I cant see the sky because its raining pretty hard around here

But yeah, I know its a hoax. It would be impossible with the large number of ametuer astronomers to have not have found this out with it being known for nearly 30 years. Supposedly.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
First, I just want to say for the past few days I have been monitoring this "situation."

Whether it is a hoax upon hoax or any truth is involved in the subject matter of near earth objects or secret identities, my heart can lead me to only one conclusion.

I can either live in partial fear of possible pending events, or simply put my trust in the higher power that I have come to trust in personal and international times of confusion and distress.

This trust has often led me to the voice of the voiceless, the silent but direct persona of prophets whose words are tried and true, and in line with the written word of the Almighty. Sometimes, I am also directed to the voice of one who is crying in the wilderness.

In those voices, for the year 2004, they have simply stated that this would be the year that the people of the world would come to "know God." And that certain world changing events would set in motion the destinies of those God has called as chosen. A great sifting in the lives of people will take place, and set people on the path they will follow for the next few years. This is a time of peace, and also a time of warfare for the followers of Christ.

I apologize for the lengthy post, but I wanted to spill my heart on this fleeting mass of seemingly disinformation, and also say that if these realities are set into motion, that my trust in the word of truth and God will be even more strengthened.

TPC / neocide

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well

I am in Spain and I saw very strange sky today, hazy, the few clouds seems to be very very high but not the normal ones, these ones look different, and more when you see around the sun look weird, I have watch the sky fore ever and I have to admit today look different, like when there is a lot of wind and the dirt are flying around, but today has no wind at all, very strange.

And also hearing strong noises, like turbines of a jet, but I can tell you they are not jets because where I live the airplanes fly over every minute or so, and I can tell the difference, the sound it is more stronger like when hear thunder or something and it seems to come from every where, maybe the people haven't hear the noise because they think it is an airplane, but I tell you is not, when I look for one there is any when I hear the sound, One time happened in the wedding of the prince in 22 of June I was out side the palace when I heard the noise and for me was strange because the air space was close because of the wedding and I was looking for a plane there was none, very strange.

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Spain]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Text GreenWell guys its all good over here in New Zealand and its nearly lunchtime 9th June. Absolutely NOTHING out of the ordinary!

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Here in Arizona, the sky is clear, also havent seen any increase in meteorites burning in the atmosphere. No darkening here either, though we could use some as were over 100 degrees.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Dont think its gotten over 100 here in Texas yet.... but atleast you dont have to deal with the 100% humidity like we do

I've been at AZ a few times and it feels cooler out there than it does in Texas, becaues of less humidity.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I found this a few minutes ago on Spaceweather.com.... Is it just me or...

"DAYLIGHT METEORS: DAYLIGHT METEORS: The strongest daylight meteor shower of the year, the Arietids, is underway. It's happening because Earth is passing through a stream of dusty debris possibly from sungrazing asteroid Icarus. Most Arietid meteors are invisible because the Sun is up when the shower is most intenseMost Arietid meteors are invisible because the Sun is up when the shower is most intense"

XL5

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
What I find odd on spaceweather.com is that
from the site) Potentially Hazardous Asteroids (PHAs) are space rocks larger than approximately 100m that can come closer to Earth than 0.05 AU. None of the known PHAs are on a collision course with our planet, although astronomers are finding new ones all the time.

1998 SF36 June 26 5 LD, 5LD=0.0128AU-since 1 LD equals 0.00256 AU

I also found somewhere else that this riod is about 400m in size (principal axes 548x312x276m).
PHA are effected by the gravity of other planets and thier course could be alterd.

So is it a PHA or is it a NEO!

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I wouldnt be too worried about it, the dust cloud is something that we were supposed to pass through, we are also supposed to see more meteor activity because of it. But thats about it. No giant asteroids. We have meteor showers alot. Just a few months ago the sun was agitated and sent solar flares at us, people were worried but the most that happened were a few flickering lights. Any type of celestial events trigger doomsday cries.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Text Blue

OK so where is the freaken cloud man!!! Ok lets give it till tomorrow... Cali here skies are clear, everything normal, the sky does look kinda super clean tho, maybe just me, anyways. IM having a feeling that THIS hoax is not going to come to an end TILL the end of JUNE. So stuff better start hitting or not because people are still worried about all this crap and i wouldnt be surprized if some people are packed on some canned food and water.
I have only one thing to say to all this. This AB HOAX retard, will not get away with this. Someone , somehow, or something will catch up with him...and you know what they say...what goes around comes around, im not saying someone will hoax this so called AB, BUT, he spread lies so he might get lied to, or threatened, whatever...but he IS gonna get it. GOD does not tolerate stuff like this, and that goes about everything else that GOD doesnt tolerate

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Quite frankly, im fed up with the amount of bullsh@t that is just a waste of my time, i read these forums looking for answers and the truth. so if your a hoaxer or just a gifted sci fi write, pi@s off

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Interesting take and personal perspective on the AB hoax by Dr Roy W Spencer, Principal Research Scientist, University of Alabama:

www.techcentralstation.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">
www.techcentralstation.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
great article. many thanks for the link hj!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join