It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for All "Patriots"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This thread is directed toward the increasingly vocal group of anti-government posters (aka patriots) suggesting government overthrow or revolt.

I have an itty-bitty question:

In the course of planning your uprising to halt, cripple or replace the US government, have you a contingency plan to maintain the critical services necessary for sustaining the US economic, societal, military and commerce infrastructure vital to the stability and defense of the country which might otherwise yield us vulnerable to attack?

These include, but are not limited to, critical US agencies which are largely non-political in nature but critical to the safety and well-being of all citizens:

The Federal Aviation Administration (oversees air travel)
The Center for Disease Control (monitors / guards against plagues, pandemics etc.)
The Department of Education (oversees nationwide school system)
The Department of Energy (oversees nationwide utility grid)
The Department of Transportation (monitors / inspects highways, bridges and tunnels)
The Department of Defense (US military, National Guard, Civil Defense)
The Food and Drug Administration (oversees food safety, nutrition and supplements)

..........just to name a few.

If you have a plan in place to provide for the millions of US citizens who would be
severely hampered or placed in harm’s way in their pursuit of life, liberty and happiness by your actions then please show me the secret handshake. If not, you will be held duly accountable for those who experience peril as a result of your specious campaign.

I look forward to the benefit of your reply.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
No one wants to destroy the US government. The "patriots" just want the country they thought they were living in back, or else they want to secede, or fight unjust laws in court, or change the current regime in November with one more like the founding fathers had intended.

For most out there, when the government went ahead and passed the HCB, and the so called stimulus bills filled with pork, special deals, and favors, and job promises, etc. and did so against the people, the people had enough and they no longer trust or want the people in Washington who were elected by fraud and deception.

November is coming and then the "patriots" will march by the millions to the ballot box and fire the whole lot of them, and elect others with the real hope of real change that we can really believe in.

Only fringe elements without understanding would think to destroy or harm the nation we love and want to succeed. And so far as I know, it's only the democrats that keep whining about it. Makes one wonder.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The Federal Aviation Administration (oversees air travel)
They did real well on 9/11. As for the FAA, the only real ones we need are the Air Traffic Control

The Center for Disease Control (monitors / guards against plagues, pandemics etc.)
They did a real good job on that last pandemic. Maybe we should put them in charge of the Health Care system huh?

The Department of Education (oversees nationwide school system)
Wow, I cannot believe you put this one in your list. Oh well, these can be taken care of by private schools, stop property taxes and BOOM economic expansion. Private companies can bid on the materials existing now if you want to go really free market. Sorry, if people had a choice, they would send their children to a private school.

The Department of Energy (oversees nationwide utility grid)
Another questionable inclusion here. Let me see, has there been an oil refinery or anything built in the last 20 years? As for the grid, these are handled by private companies under the direction of the feds. Maybe if we did not centralize the damn thing, we would not be in the situation we are.

The Department of Transportation (monitors / inspects highways, bridges and tunnels)
They did real well inspecting that bridge that collapsed in MPLS huh?

The Department of Defense (US military, National Guard, Civil Defense)
This is the only one that works well, of course we could use a scale back from the EMPIRE building.

The Food and Drug Administration (oversees food safety, nutrition and supplements)
Yes, the FDA. The ones that blamed tomatoes for the scare just a little while back. What was it again? Oh yeah, jalapenos from Mexico. Who allowed the Aspartame, Vaccine for HPV, etc etc etc. Oh, and by the way, who pays the inspectors of the food industry. Oh that is right, the very same companies they inspect. GMO's not forced to advertise their wares. Non GMO's not allowed to place non GMO labels. This one I could go on forever.

You are not doing to well with the examples you have given. Got anymore for me to shoot down.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

So your answer is no? You have no plan in place?

You cherry-picked examples but avoided the question. Nice try. Simply describe your plan or provide overview to replace the hundreds of thousands Gov. employees.

BTW, my father worked for FAA for 30 years as ATC. For months he worked double shifts during the PATCO strike in early 80's. When the union controllers walked out, he served this country. As you know, Reagan fired all those union members. He was a loyal American and instilled those virtues in me.

Your plan?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Having a plan in place to change the government could be considered a seditious act.

I would hope no one is dumb enough to post anything like that.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

That is what I thought.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I for one believe in peacefully taking back our country by waking everyone up to what is happening, and pulling support away from the people that are destroying it.
However it seems to me that you agree with people that believe in overthrowing the present government, but are not willing to go through with it because it might cause some hardships for some people. Am i right in assuming this? If so i will tell you that in order to recover our freedom we must all be willing to make sacrifices if that is what is required of us.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

So your answer is no? You have no plan in place?

You cherry-picked examples but avoided the question. Nice try. Simply describe your plan or provide overview to replace the hundreds of thousands Gov. employees.

BTW, my father worked for FAA for 30 years as ATC. For months he worked double shifts during the PATCO strike in early 80's. When the union controllers walked out, he served this country. As you know, Reagan fired all those union members. He was a loyal American and instilled those virtues in me.

Your plan?

Actually, I thought his answer was pretty clear that your supposition that they are necessary is either fallacious or will continue right on as they are...

Jaden

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by roly21

To be clear: No.

I refute and denounce any such action.

Just calling out the posers.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
No one assumes if the situation comes to a head that it would be easy. That is just naive for to think that. Would there be some hard times? Yes of course there would be hard times, but eventually things would level out. Do you think our founding father got done with the revolution and it was instant utopia?

Where do you just sit there and take it people come up with this garbage? An out right revolution might, saying may take more than a day giving time for plans and actions to take effect.

So I'm assuming that we should just just protest get beaten, gassed, harassed and thrown in jail so your types can be happy that violence doesn't come to your door?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Yes, I know what Reagan did, I know what Carter did, Bush 1, Bush 2, Clinton and now Bush 3.

They all led us to HERE.

Carter and Reagan helped to destroy my family's dairy farm. Thanks to price supports removed from Wisconsin but not the rest of the country. See, they wanted to break up family farms and put it into the Corporation's hands.

Plan, here is a plan. Decentralize controls. If anyone knows anything about management, having all the power and decision making in one entity is NOT the right way to go.

God, some would look at what the USSR did and actually learn something.

Mega Corps are not the way to go. Centralization is not the way to go. Self reliant smaller government bodies. Just like smaller farms as an analogy.

Once you make any system top heavy, it breaks down.

Common sense economics and management theory.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
That is a fair question. I suppose the "patriots" would expect those agencies to carry on as normal until the corrupt at the top were taking out. I doubt they have planned anything that deep in advance.

Although, bringing the country to a screeching halt for a week to get it back in order under the constitution and the people wouldn't be the worst thing it the world. That would certainly wake everybody else up.

I just hope it doesn’t get violent. A civil war would probably be the worst thing that could happen. In order to correctly fix our country We The People need to come together for the greater good, not separate and get even more divided.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

No one wants to destroy the US government. The "patriots" just want the country they thought they were living in back,

I am sorry, that's all I can hear in my mind when someone says something like that.

November is coming and then the "patriots" will march by the millions to the ballot box and fire the whole lot of them, and elect others with the real hope of real change that we can really believe in.

Those will in my opinion be the real patriots. Those who decide in November to vote and make their voices heard will be doing this country more of a service than people who want to destroy this country.

Please, don't fool yourself, there are people out there that do want to destroy this country, the parallels between today and 1861 are striking.

[edit= To insert shameless plug]

[edit on 4/3/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden
Actually, I thought his answer was pretty clear that your supposition that they are necessary is either fallacious or will continue right on as they are...

You assume much. Some, not all, government employees serve at the pleasure of appointed leaders. When they are replaced, how can you assure they will continually serve a government embroiled in upheaval. If not is there a plan "B". How can I be more clear?

But this is all DEFLECTION. I simply asked if a contingency plan was in place and all I'm getting is
= duh.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I am not sure if you can fairly ask if revolutionaries have a plan when even the GOP doesn't have any plan whatsoever if they take back congress.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

BOTH parties are screwed up and that is why this conversation exists. The roles in that skit are interchangeable from one vote to the next.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Too funny. Currently, I'm on my MacBook Pro.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Here is something a LOT of people do not understand.

GDP. Gross Domestic Product is the combined creation of products or wealth created by a country.

Now, if the country's government spends say 40% of the GDP, where are they getting that 40%? You got it, from the other part of the economy. They are taking from the productive and using it for whatever things they BELIEVE to be helping.

Now, we have reached the point that with the debt and our out of control government spending, it is no longer sustainable. You cannot take more from the productive than can be sustained. Or you destroy the country. Simple fact, we have already gone beyond the edge of the cliff. This country now is robbing every dime they can get their hands on. Be it from future indentured slave or from the value of assets by deflating the value of the dollar.

This country is already on the death spiral. You will not be able to pull it out without wiping all the debts. All the debts. Who owns these debts anyway?

Who actually owns a entry in an accountants book where the debt was created out of thin air?

Where did the banks get the money to loan you for the car, boat, or house?

Do you actually think their was money in the bank?

A debt based society always reaches this point when you have the usury folk stripping off the good assets. Blame the people that have done this, not the so called "Patriots".

Or were you thinking "Hatriots"?

[edit on 4/3/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Nice misdirect. Just answer the question is there a plan?

If not, should any deaths occur due to disruption of first responders, or critical care impeded to those needing it or vital medication (insulin for diabetics) then those casualties will not bode well for the new regime. The blood of those innocent American citizens will justifiably stain their hands.

C'mon dude, you are quite good at spewing hyperbole, you must have worked out a plan with fail safes and redundancies right?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Most of the Patriots I know including myself have served with honor and having sworn an oath to defend the Constitution take that oath seriously. We are not out to destroy the country we are out to preserve our Liberty and defend our inalienable rights.

This plan is simple. Follow the original plan for these United States. Our Constitutions. Shred those laws that established any institutions that are ultra-constitutional entities. Absorb those workers into the now more free to prosper Republics and restore the limits of powers as established with the tenth amendment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join