It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if 20 million illegal aliens vacated America?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
never really realized how many illegals are in USA, without them you might have a slightly more healthy economy again.... at least, much less unemployed....

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
For all it's faults, America is a paradise compared to what they may have left behind.

Most of them just want to give their kids the opportunity they themselves may have been denied in their home countries... Not excusing it, just understanding it.

Yes, I understand this too.

To be honest that is usually the same for just about any immigrant wanting to enter the country.
They want a better life.

If we're going to be lax though and not go out of our way to stop this, then we need to stop turning away those Haitian rafts and should let those 114 that they arrested crossing at Canada enter the U.S. and not hit them with hard charges to "set an example" as they have stated. People that are leaving an already trashed place ripped apart further by a massive quake.

Let them all come in or hold them all to the law.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I live in the Washington/Oregon area, as well. The Hispanic population is huge, and growing virtually by the day...most are legal, though a large minority are illegal...

Any where there is a large illegal population crime is going to go up as well... In just the past two weeks there have been in my little town (30,000+ population roughly) there have been numerous incidents of gang activity (shootings, stabbings, gang fights, etc...), the meth trade is in such great shape, I don't bother keeping track of the meth-heads that come into the store where I work anymore...there are more than I can keep easy track of... It's only a matter of time until I get held up, as most of the stores in the area, with the exception of mine, and Walmart, have been in the past year, some of them mulitple times...

I'm not saying the illegals are the sole cause of this, but they're not helping any.

To solve this problem requires, as most know, cracking down on the folks hiring the illegals. Fines, jailtime for the employers, and deportation for the employees.

I lived a year in Hood River and now I'm in Vancouver Wa, and I agree. Documentation not only limits those who are criminal, but just as importantly protect the worker. In some of those areas you can say illegals are the main problem since the local population is actually middle to upper middle class and the problems manifested only after the rise in illegal numbers.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint

I volunteered at a clinic that prepared income tax returns for low income people. Many illegal aliens came to the clinic to file tax returns. Some of them were hoping to get a refund, but many of them wanted their tax bill squared away so they could one day qualify for a green card.

Though this is true one look at California and you can see the burden that illegals put on the state greatly outweighs any positive effects of their situation.

Plus how much tax does a person who mainly gets paid under the table and well below the fifty percentile pay? Only those who are using fake/stolen documentation can be paid above the board otherwise questions would be asked to the employer. I’m sure in any case it is a very small number, also how many illegals are actually non-workers that are just family members that fully use all our available services?

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

That's a load of garbage. Who the hell do you think picked the produce before they came here, and most large distributors use all mechanical harvesting. My grandfather had a farm, he grew it, plowed the fields and harvested himself, and sold it himself. This is such a lie that they are the only willing to do it. I am so sick of hearing this BS. You must think no one would do the job, hmmmmmmm, but obviously for 100 years we have and will. STUPID!!!!! There are plenty of white and other races of drop outs who don't mind doing hard labor and picking the fields is one of those jobs.DENY IGNORANCE!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I'm sure many Americans would gladly take the newly opened jobs. The world needs ditch diggers too after all, no need to be picky.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

I"m not saying be lax... I'm just saying I understand the whys...

The borders need to be closed.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Whoops. Post removed.

[edit on 4/5/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
then maybe wages would start to rise or esculate so we can get the economy going again. however, that being said - I am well versed in
economics and I will tell you - they keep pouring water on ever spark of growth. they continue to keep ahead of productivity in the cash generating department. with every step we take to survive basically, they lubricate that slope to assist your financial demise. that just chaps my hide one american would do that to another and I thought that was the function of government to ensure the people that would not be allowed... I guess someone found it easier to just give it lip service.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
are you saying immigrants are aliens?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

What if 20 million illegal aliens vacated America?

You would have 20-million teed-off Americans looking for new landscapers...and paying twice as much.

You will be washing your own dishes after your restaurant dining experiences.

Fresh linens on your hotel bed...forget about it.

Cost of new housing...through the roof! (pun intended)

Production plant supervisors would have to relearn English...if they can find some workers.

Highway improvement projects...well, they will be gridlocked.

Those are just a few luxuries to look forward to IF 20-million illegals vacated America.

P.S. they would probably leave behind their natural born offspring...who's gonna foot that bill? Not to mention...they will become adults, breed like rabbits...and here we are again...same place we are now, only now the year is 2020.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'm sure you don't have twenty million... you can't be serious. You're just trying to express that you feel there is alot of them.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
While i absolutely don't want to see another 1986 Simpson act betrayal,

Your painting of this as a completely one sided issue is just dumb.

It is as bad as the criminal elites who want to paint it all as up sides.

There will be ups & there will be downs.

What i will agree with you on is much of this is about criminal, slavewage employers & their conspirators in the US government.

The day you make illegals legal is the day that criminal employer will fire them, because that criminal employer WANTs EXACTLY illegals to work for them.
With illegals rotten employers can pay them crappy wages, no benefits, fire them on a whim or when they get an arm ripped off in one of their machines & they are completely helpless on a legal battleground.

It also shortchanges everyone's citizenship.
But the educated elites probably don't mind bartering away YOUR citizenship value because they think they are invulnerable to unemployment, or at least they did prior to this last economic crash.

People fought & died in the American streets for decent wages, respect & bargaining power.
Now the rich criminal elites want to throw away all that for cheap lettuce, & household help they pay no social security taxes on.

Americans, especially the criminal elites are shameless, ruthless mercenaries.

If you don't fight for the value of your citizenship, soon it won't have any.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by slank]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
alot of poor white people and blacks will get the jobs no one wants.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

reply to post by ..5..

that's the problem though... Not all of them are criminals, other than crossing the border illegally. Whilst I'm not fan of illegal aliens, I can understand the mindset that brings them here...

For all it's faults, America is a paradise compared to what they may have left behind.

Most of them just want to give their kids the opportunity they themselves may have been denied in their home countries... Not excusing it, just understanding it.

You are in Washington I'm in Los Angeles who do you think has a better understanding of the mindset of the average illegal alien? That sounds harsh but please take off the rose colored glasses.

For example rent an old Adam 12 or dragnet and episode and note the condition of the streets and then google earth street view the same place. Notice the diffrence that two amnesties and millions of illegals have done to the once great city of Los Angeles. Do not blame it poverty or society there are plenty of poor cities whose residents do not trash the place.

If they are looking for a better life for their children why do they allow their daughters to start having children in their early teens? Their sons have a 64% drop out rate? What kind of a better life is that? They are not much for reading and writing but wow are they experts at applying for every public handout they can even if they do not technically qualify for it they will get granted it anyhow for fear of a discrimination suit.

Originally posted by SteveR
I'm sure you don't have twenty million... you can't be serious. You're just trying to express that you feel there is alot of them.

I think if the cencus were to report the illegal status you would find the number close to twice that. They have been tossing the same 20 million number around for the past ten years.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by ..5..]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Originally posted by ..5..

You are in Washington I'm in Los Angeles who do you think has a better understanding of the mindset of the average illegal alien?

Well, you certainly are good at blaming the whole, for the actions of a part. That much I'll give you. As for living in Los Angeles? I'm so very sorry...

That sounds harsh but please take off the rose colored glasses.

Rose colored glasses, huh? Not so much that, as it is a reluctance to blame everyone in a group for the actions of part...

For example rent an old Adam 12 or dragnet and episode and note the condition of the streets and then google earth street view the same place. Notice the diffrence that two amnesties and millions of illegals have done to the once great city of Los Angeles. Do not blame it poverty or society there are plenty of poor cities whose residents do not trash the place.

Oh, for crying out loud. ...and where, pray, were all the other citizens of Los Angeles been all this time? Hmmmm? Surely this all didn't happen in a vacuum? So much easier to blame the illegals isn't it? Then everyone else, including the illegals...'cause that would include you, wouldn't it?

If they are looking for a better life for their children why do they allow their daughters to start having children in their early teens? Their sons have a 64% drop out rate?

You mean to tell me their not looking for a better life? Los Angeles isn't the only city that has this issue with the illegal population. You're hardly unique... Nor are high drop out rates unique to the illegal alien population...or the children having children...

What kind of a better life is that?

Not much of one, that we're agreed on.

They are not much for reading and writing but wow are they experts at applying for every public handout they can even if they do not technically qualify for it they will get granted it anyhow for fear of a discrimination suit.

Name a population that isn't litigation happy these days...I doubt you'll find one. Or one that doesn't have segment applying for public assistance they don't deserve, or qualify for. I see it all the time, yes...even here in Washington state...

The issues of illegals in the United States needs to be addressed, again, we're agreed. The borders need closing, and controlling.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

To answer your question

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MPad556
I say lets kick them all out and find out what the impact is.

Ahh what a gem

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

I agree with you here.

Take for instance the San Fernando Valley, back in the 60's and 70's it was one of the nicest places to live in the entire nation. Good schools, clean streets, a great culture, very low crime where families could walk around the streets and kids could play in their yards without worry.

Now it is a wasteland. The same areas that used to be affluent and clean now look like Tijuana. Millions of illegals have taken over the entire area, the houses are run down, gangs control everything minus the few small islands of area where legitimate business still operates and the areas where it is too expensive for the scum to live.

And this is the story happening in cities across our nation. Places that used to be clean and low crime and filled with families are now war zones filled with Mexican gangs, poverty, drug abuse and squalor.

I understand many of these illegal border jumpers come here for a betterr way of life, but at what cost to OUR way of life? A dog can only withstand so many fleas before it gets over run and sucked dry. What happens to our culture? What happens when legal Americans can't find jobs? At what cost does our generosity become our demise?

Last year in the small town where I grew up a good friend of mine was stabbed to death by an illegal gang member from Mexico who had only been living there for two months. He had already been deported twice before only to return again. The small /mid sized city where I live now has for the first time confirmed we now have MS-13 gangs sprouting up. Last school year my friends 12 year old daughter was jumped at school and stabbed in the face with a pencil by an illegal female student.

I have no problem with legal immigration when regulated and under control, but an open border is insanity. We are taking on a criminal class who are able to sneak into this country anonymously, free to rape, rob and murder at will with no repercussions. The reason they can do this is because nobody in our worthless government will stand up and do anything about it.

And to the person who said 20 million was a fake, made up number. We have AT LEAST 20 million, and growing daily.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by BlackOps719]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Deny Ignorance.

Well,I find this "debate" interesting,to say the least.

The population we are debating about took "transitional" jobs away from a large part of the native population that utilized them for income.

Young people,parolees and low education citizens,for years were hired to fill those positions.

Young men of ALL races built houses and communities and were the labor force for all construction in the U.S.

Young men mowed yards and performed grounds keeping services in the U.S.

Citizens who had served time in jails and prisons were able to find with NO problem employment in these "transitional" occupations and were able to prove their worth to society.

Some stoop labor occupations were actually performed by prison labor,who worked to occupy their time pay for their board and learn to become productive members of society again.

Schools were attended by children whose parents and grandparents had also attended the same school.

Hospital emergency room waiting rooms were empty and those there had a true medical emergency.

Single family residences and neighborhoods were just that.Not,multiple families occupying the same structure.

At one time the U.S. had a social society.

People had a common belief,common roots,enduring loyalties and a common goal as a society.

Is it more than co-incidental that those who come to this country, and have NO intention of assimilation into the established social structure,leave country's that have corrupt failed leadership.

Those that sneak in to this country are no more than terrorists.

Their intent is the same.

To bring down the established societal order.

This sign amuses me.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e320f0b820d3.jpg[/atsimg]

This article here discusses the prevalence of Type 2 Diabetes in a certain population of people that have entered this country.

If you read the article it states that a very large majority of this population inherited this condition from their ancestors. The Spanish Conquistadors!
They are descendants of Europeans invaders just like most of us.

Only a small portion of the citizens of this country and most countries in this region of the world are truly indigenous people.

Deny Ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join