It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if 20 million illegal aliens vacated America?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Any where there is a large illegal population crime is going to go up as well...

Well of course it would now wouldn't it.
If they didn't respect our immigration laws what made you think they would respect the other laws??
They have a ciminal mindset. I refer to them as crimmigrants makes the non PC term 'Illegal alien' seem sort of tame in comparison.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
duplicate post.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by ..5..]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

that's the problem though... Not all of them are criminals, other than crossing the border illegally. Whilst I'm not fan of illegal aliens, I can understand the mindset that brings them here...

For all it's faults, America is a paradise compared to what they may have left behind.

Most of them just want to give their kids the opportunity they themselves may have been denied in their home countries... Not excusing it, just understanding it.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Trough out my employment history I have met many illegal workers. When I was younger I didn't think that there was anything wrong with people trying to find a better life outside of their country and working here to feed their kids and family that were still back in their home country.
Now!!!!!
These illegal workers are stealing from you in sooooo many ways. I will let you in a few secrets that I have found while dealing with them.
The ones who have a fake ssn claim up to 10 dependents and do not do their taxes at the end of the year. Almost nothing is taken out of their paychecks.
The ones that have the fake ssn and pay taxes will claim up to 10 dependents at the end of the year and will get back thousands of dollars.
These people sell their ssn and all other ssn and information to the next person that will replace them after they have made enough money to start their own business in their country and retire, this takes about 4 years.
Meanwhile these people have been getting free everything, tax free and you end up paying for all of it and for their share of the taxes and for all of the fake dependents.
Recently where I live at, the illegals have been complaining that now they have to stay 5 years instead of 3 to become rich in their country. Most of these peoples families are rich in their own country, their kids come here and send the money to their family and when they go home, they are richer, while we pay the tabs that they are leaving behind.

We have worker visas and other "laws" that facilitate the entry of migrant workers to the US and it is the right way to do this. The thing is that what I have been seeing is that the government is ignoring this and allowing the "drainage" to continue.

I know that there are a few of my friends that know who I am in ATS and 'real life' that don't want to hear these things, but it has to be said.
You are draining the USA out of money and the other immigrants who are here legally. You are stealing from us and from our children. My kids can't get a good education because your kids are in their school and you are not helping pay for any of it, not even the food that they eat for "free". My kids can't go to college because I work and make the same money as you but you claim more kids and family that don't live here or are dead and your kids go to college for free.

Something needs to be done with the illegal workers and they should not get free stuff or free college like they want to do here in Massachusetts. It is not fair at all that the kids that are here illegally get free college and the kids that are here with their parents paying taxes and not making enough to afford college but do not fall in the poverty line can't go to college.

You do not pay taxes, you do not contribute to any of the things that need money, you get them for free while I pay for them and pay for the things that you and your kids use. The government does not make money, the government takes money out of my paycheck to pay for the stuff that you are using for freeeee. You are basically taking money out of my pocket and taking food out of my kids mouth while you are making the same money as me. While I will stay here busting my ass to pay for the stuff that you and your family used for "FREEEEE" you will go back to where ever you came from and live in luxury.
Nothing!!!!, Nothing!!!!!! is free, someone somewhere is paying for it.
Sorry for the rant but I had to get it out of my chest.......

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Just because one breaks the law, it does not mean one deserves the label "criminal." I am assuming most of you are for the most part law abiding. Yet you probably break laws every day.

Most of us break speed limit laws every day. The pace of traffic on many roads and highways is five to ten miles above the speed limit.

Coming up is April 15. Many of you are going to make legally questionable entries on your tax returns.

Let us move on to drugs. Some of you have never drank or smoke in your life. Some of you have indulged. For those of you that have indulged, most of you did not wait until you were 21 to have your first drink. You may not have waited until you were 18 to have your first smoke. Many of you have smoked things other than tobacco on at least one occasion.

So illegal aliens did break a law by crossing the border without a visa. But let he who never breaks a law cast the first stone....

[edit on 4-4-2010 by hotpinkurinalmint]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

The ones who have a fake ssn claim up to 10 dependents and do not do their taxes at the end of the year. Almost nothing is taken out of their paychecks.

Claim 10 on their w-4. They are still paying FICA. Furthermore, an employer has ways to verify if the SSN is real in the first place.

The ones that have the fake ssn and pay taxes will claim up to 10 dependents at the end of the year and will get back thousands of dollars.

Please enlighten me on how they get back thousands. If it isn't their ssn, they can't file. They would have to get an ITIN for themselves and their dependents. Furthermore, they are disqualified for many credits.

You are draining the USA out of money and the other immigrants who are here legally. You are stealing from us and from our children.

How many trillions has our government spent over the last years to help the banks and wall street?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

im not denying that the banks and big business is the main problem of america's fiscal troubles but illegal imigration does not help and is part of the problem. its a cancer on the economy. so much so that everything is becoming bi-langual. im old enough to remember when everything was in english. if they had any respect for our country, theyd wan to become americans and learn english, shre the values we hold and fly the american flag... they do none of that.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Problem with Illegale immigration is that it is people who come into the country through the backdoor, fail to go through the necessary checks and health screenings

Sorry, sometimes(about 50%) use the front door. They actually take the time to get the necessary paperwork to come in legally. (Kinda like the 19 Hijackers)

Of course, they overstay their visas and then become illegals.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

I agree that there are illegal aliens who are not paying their fare share of taxes. That is not to say that illegal aliens do not pay taxes.

I volunteered at a clinic that prepared income tax returns for low income people. Many illegal aliens came to the clinic to file tax returns. Some of them were hoping to get a refund, but many of them wanted their tax bill squared away so they could one day qualify for a green card.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

unless the people immigrating are willing to integrate into their new "home" its not gonna work... its been proven time and again over the course of history.

Something tells me they arent willing to integrate...

[edit on 4-4-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

The illegal aliens that come through the front door are the ones that hurt the American worker the most. These people are often educated and skilled workers from Europe, India, or the Far East. They compete with Americans for jobs Americans actually want.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

im old enough to remember when everything was in english. if they had any respect for our country, theyd wan to become americans and learn english, shre the values we hold and fly the american flag... they do none of that.

I will be the first one to tell that I think all of our government sources should be in English only. But once again, it wasn't the immigrants who forced the policy. It was politicians who are looking for votes.

The citizenship test is a joke. It doesn't produce adequate English unless one desire to learn. Furthermore, one is not required to learn English.

Now you categorize them all into one group and I know it isn't true. I teach English and have seen many come from zero English to getting their GED in English. I see many who want the American dream.

I promise you English will not disappear.

As fluency in English increases across generations, so, too, does the regular use of English by Hispanics, both at home and at work. For most immigrants, English is not the primary language they use in either setting. But for their grown children, it is.

pewresearch.org...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

You know, I could probably go to a lot of protests and find idiots that carry signs that they shouldn't be carrying because of the message it has.

Should everybody be judged equally because of those holding the signs?

Remember, all protests are run by a select group of people who distribute the message they want to get out. Unfortunately, there are many followers who are willing to follow others without realizing what the hell they are actually protesting.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Yes, and the topic of legal immigration hurts us just as much.

Many legals coming in do not know English and are being permitted to enter based on family ties. Furthermore, refugees find themselves in the same boat.

Usually, many of these end up in the poor side of town and eventually contribute to the never ending drag on our economy.

The whole system needs fixing.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

i agree with you there, the whole system does need to be fixed. unfortunately that isnt going to happen. its like asking a king to volunteer to give up his throne.. and if you know any history at all you know no king has ever done so... the system isnt going to reform itself.. this health care reform isnt reform at all, its the goverment sticking their noses further into our daily lives. this financial reform theyre talking about now.... yeah, its gives the FED MORE power, that isnt reform... they are consolidating their hold on our lives. letting in cheap labor so that they can reap more profits in return is just another gear in the machine... illegal immigration is right up there with the banker scumbags to me.. we solve those two problems this country will be just fine.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I apologize for not being clear. Some of them have made up ssn numbers and others have real ones that are bought and sold over and over. Some times the same number is used by more than one person at a time. I have no idea how the ones that make up a number and pay taxes do it. The government doesn't seem to mind unless they start claiming weird deductions and they get audited. I have no idea how it works or if the goverment has a don't ask don't tell law that applies when dealing with made up ssn's. I know that they take the money of those that pay it and those that never pay and never file tax returns, never get charged.
To clarify, when I say that they don't pay I mean that they don't pay like regular people do since they are claiming a bunch of dependents.
When they take out $200.00 per WEEK from my paycheck in ss, federal, state tax and medicaid and I only get 60% of my paycheck after medical and dental and I see that a guy making the same money as me is only paying a few bucks and taking home almost $800 more than me. This pisses me off.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Yes I am, and its anyone who thinks the illegals are the problem! they have been here SINCE THE BEGINNING!!!!! (200 years ago +) and haven't gone away, they are not the financial problem and not the solution.

ITS THE CRIMINALS ya'll keep electing. they are raping the country of its resources and putting the fate of every man/woman and child's future in debt.

don't believe me (I doubt you would anyway) spend an hour of your time researching the crimes against the public the government has committed and the countless acts of abuse the CEO's and bankers have committed. the amount of money they alone have stolen from the country is 1000000 times more than any 30 Million illegal WORKERS have done, and the fact they have and are paying into a system SSI etc that they will not be able to withdrawal from is a crime in itself!

Does it make it legal to steal from a crook who stole it in the first place?

by that I mean taking taxes from illegal aliens who paid into a system that is not there own?

Flame out.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I couldn't resist interjecting that some of our senators may be concerned we may tip over like Guam.

Back to topic. Twenty million certainly would have an economic impact - I wonder if it would be a positive one?

gj

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I say lets kick them all out and find out what the impact is.
If it doesn't work out like we want it sure wont be hard to get them back in the country.

I hate what the US had become.

And to the poster that was comparing smoking pot or other petty crimes to the illegal aliens, that is retarded.
How is somebody who commits a misdemeanor crime anything at all like somebody who invades another country?
And that is what this is, its an invasion of illegals.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
To those who say your fruit would go up in price-
You're defending not only illegal immigrants but also illegal farming practice. Good for you guys for defending domestic slave labor.

BINGO!

Corrupt Mexicans ferry other illegals indebted to them into the U.S. and they end up as slaves for vile farmers and corporations that turn a blind eye as long as they reap the financial benefits and we get all those delicious veggies.

That is how things tend to work in the States.

Nobodies: Modern American Slave Labor and the Dark Side of the New Global Economy

google.books

I can understand these people wanting to leave the brutal hell that seems to becoming the norm for life in Mexico which seems more and more overrun by drug cartels murdering there and helping to poison the continent, but there needs to be a better way for them to enter the U.S. so that these sort of traps don't happen.

I'm more inclined to say that these places here need to be shut down and the culprits apprehended but Mexico will demand release of its citizens and it'd be pointless because they'd come right back.

In the end we could only try and affect change on our side of the fence.

Meat is murder, and Veggies is Slavery.
Seems that the only way to be sure you aren't complicit is to become completely self-sustaining.

- Lee

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join