It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if 20 million illegal aliens vacated America?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

In California, if 3.5 million illegal aliens moved back to Mexico, it would leave an extra $10.2 billion to spend on overloaded school systems, bankrupted hospitals and overrun prisons. It would leave highways cleaner, safer and less congested. Everyone could understand one another as English became the dominant language again.
In Colorado, 500,000 illegal migrants, plus their 300,000 kids and grand-kids – would move back "home," mostly to Mexico. That would save Coloradans an estimated $2 billion (other experts say $7 BIL) annually in taxes that pay for schooling, medical, social-services and incarceration costs. It means 12,000 gang members would vanish out of Denver alone.
Colorado would save more than $20 million in prison costs, and the terror that those 7,300 alien criminals set upon local citizens. Denver Officer Don Young and hundreds of Colorado victims would not have suffered death, accidents, rapes and other crimes by illegals.
Denver Public Schools would not suffer a 67 percent drop out/flunk out rate via thousands of illegal alien students speaking 41 different languages. At least 200,000 vehicles would vanish from our gridlocked cities in Colorado. Denver's four percent unemployment rate would vanish as our working poor would gain jobs at a living wage.
In Florida, 1.5 million illegals would return the Sunshine State back to America, the rule of law and English.
In Chicago, Illinois, 2.1 million illegals would free up hospitals, schools, prisons and highways for a safer, cleaner and more crime-free experience.

If 20 million illegal aliens returned "home," the U.S. economy would return to the rule of law. Employers would hire legal American citizens at a living wage. Everyone would pay their fair share of taxes because they wouldn't be working off the books. That would result in an additional $401 billion in IRS income taxes collected annually, and an equal amount for local state and city coffers.

No more push '1' for Spanish or '2' for English. No more confusion in American schools that now must content with over 100 languages that degrade the educational system for American kids. Our overcrowded schools would lose more than two million illegal alien kids at a cost of billions in ESL and free breakfasts and lunches.

We would lose 500,000 illegal criminal alien inmates at a cost of more than $1.6 billion annually. That includes 15,000 MS-13 gang members who distribute $130 billion in drugs annually would vacate our country. In cities like L.A., 20,000 members of the "18th Street Gang" would vanish from our nation. No more Mexican forgery gangs for ID theft from Americans! No more foreign rapists and child molesters!

Over one million of Mexico’s poorest citizens now live inside and along our border from Brownsville, Texas to San Diego, California in what the New York Times called, “colonias” or new neighborhoods. Trouble is, those living areas resemble Bombay and Calcutta where grinding poverty, filth, diseases, drugs, crimes, no sanitation and worse. They live without sewage, clean water, streets, electricity, roads or any kind of sanitation. The New York Times reported them to be America’s new “Third World” inside our own country. Within 20 years, at their current growth rate, they expect 20 million residents of those colonias. (I’ve seen them personally in Texas and Arizona; it’s sickening beyond anything you can imagine.) By enforcing our laws, we could repatriate them back to Mexico.

America receieves 1 million LEGAL immigrants annually, more than all other countries combined annually. we dont need the millions of mexican illegals in america. Look at our southern border right now. its chaotic, governors are calling for national gaurd troops to gaurd our southern border because violence by mexican cartels and their mexican allies inside our borders...

The reason why we dont enforce our illegal immigration laws is simply this: the big businesses that hire these illegals and pay them $2 an hr make mroe money than if they were having to pay a livable wage to an american. its all about profit. not profit for the people via government revenues nope, but profits that go to corporations in the pockets of fat cat greedsters. is the government innocent? hell no, these companies send lobbyists to washington, these lobbyists throw money and political backing to these congressman. the congressman isnt gonna say no, he wants to stay in power. "whats that ya say? dont enforce immigration laws? okie..."
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/813890e04e25.jpg[/atsimg]
"But they just want to be americans and live the american dream" THEY DO?!?!?!

and theres the conspiracy mannnn........

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
To answer your question, I guess the real unemployment figure in America of around 20% would drop significantly.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Then 20 million unemployed citizens would become employed.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
All of my vegetables, fruit and berries cost would skyrocket. With no more illegal immigrant labor literally feeding the United States by hand, (hand picking food) surely Americans would choose not to starve but just to replace the workforce.

I am sure the Teamsters would love to fill the gap. Thousands upon thousands of Real Americans could get their jobs .. With a labor union like the Teamsters, workers would be making 30,000 starting pay with a 15000 dollar health care package. Now that seems really great now that americans have jobs but..

Now with the cost of the labor unions, that package of lettuce is now $29.99 instead of $2.99. Our families would go bankrupt just putting food on the table.
But now that the American workers have their Union vegetable picking jobs making more than 30,000$ a year, they can afford to pay 30 dollars for a head of lettuce. So maybe it will work out after all .

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Well, if you know a thing or two about economics, it would go something like this: Your prices would skyrocket due to the loss of cheap labour, thus increasing the price of your inputs, and ultimately your outputs. If your prices go up, (Short run aggregate supply), the CPI will go up, and your Gross Domestic Product will be below potential, thus putting you into a recession.

Think about it.

Not saying it would be a good or bad thing. Just trying to think through things economically as University finals are coming up!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

lol and yet were in reccession partly due to.... illegal immigration..

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I am one of those people who is in the middle of the road when it comes to illegal immigration. I acknowledge that their are costs and benefits to having illegal aliens in the US. I believe UCLA did a study a decade ago that claimed the benefits of illegal aliens outweighed the cost, but I am sure there is plenty of room for debate on this point.

I think a better fantasy would be to get rid of all the bad aspects of illegal immigration and keep the good. Imagine deporting all the illegal aliens that freeload off the system and commit crimes (other than crossing the border illegally) and keeping the illegal aliens that are honest, hard working people. Imagine preventing illegal aliens from taking jobs Americans actually want. Imagine tightening up the H1B program so foreigners do not take white collar jobs from Americans.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Sorry the whole idea is a no-go for me.

There's absolutely no way to go about getting non-incarcerated folks deported without effectively declaring a fascist state, suspend the constitution, and violate the civil rights of everyone (remembering that illegal aliens also have those same inalienable rights). I guy in town wanted to close all three roads in and sweep every house for illegals and I told hime it would be a good way to get a bunch of folks killed in the process - he just couldn't understand why until I told him my outlook on home invasion - then he couldn't understand as [i]a white person[/i] why I would mind a knock on my door to sweep out the illegal aliens - seems the fourth ammendment and constitutional guarantees weren't an issue to him - no big deal. No disrespect intended.

gj

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
To those who say your fruit would go up in price-
You're defending not only illegal immigrants but also illegal farming practice. Good for you guys for defending domestic slave labor. Maybe bottom-line jagoffs would think twice about going to Taco bell once your taco jumped up 20cents.

ILLEGALS OUT

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If you want the truth follow the money

You havent seen a housing price collapse yet, imagine if we actually ended "illegal immigration"

Many illegals use false SSN's, what funds are collected for bogus SSI's the cash goes into a slush fund and the amount is huge! unlike normal workers SSI, it will never have to be payed back!

Illegals working using fake SSI's are helping keep the SSI solvent.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

i disagree, there are laws already on the books about this, they are called "illegal immigrants" for a reason. the ONLY reason why they arent deported are for the reasons i gave in the OP... there would be no need for afascist state, simply follow the laws that are on the books right now...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by roly21

WHAT A JOKE, if you guys really believe that horse CRAP you are truly DOOMED.

You Can’t Argue With Stupidity

In any discussion, you can educate the ill-informed, you can make some see the light, those with with common sense. But you can’t argue with Stupidity – you’re wasting your time if you try.

And Stupidity is out in force looks like.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by svpwizard
reply to post by roly21

You Can’t Argue With Stupidity

Are you talking about yourself or another member?

Because it sounds like you are implying that someone is stupid....

So do you think we should round up the illegal aliens and send them back to their home countries?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
www.usillegalaliens.com...

Within this report you will find statistics, facts and the issues the United States is facing regarding illegal immigration.

All of the information is presented in a well sourced and documented manner. You can navigate through the different sections on the navigation bar to your left.
Most Americans are against illegal immigration, but I feel that the majority just don't know the dire situation that our country is in and the damage that illegal aliens are doing to the United States.

From the costs of education to traffic congestion to the impact of having a bilingual society, you'll find all of the facts here.

good source of information

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
"What if 20 million illegal aliens vacated America?"

Good riddance I say. We can then let in 20 million LEGAL immigrants who are right now unfairly waiting for approval to come here LEGALLY. I don't have a problem with immigration. It is perfectly understandable why people would want to come here in search of a better life. What I have a problem with is people SNEAKING in, BREAKING OUR LAWS in the process and then DEMANDING (and in some embecilic denial of common sense) actually BEING PROVIDED with taxpayer funded services (while themselves working for cash to avoid contributing in any way to the system they exploit).

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
Sorry the whole idea is a no-go for me.

There's absolutely no way to go about getting non-incarcerated folks deported without effectively declaring a fascist state, suspend the constitution, and violate the civil rights of everyone (remembering that illegal aliens also have those same inalienable rights). I guy in town wanted to close all three roads in and sweep every house for illegals and I told hime it would be a good way to get a bunch of folks killed in the process - he just couldn't understand why until I told him my outlook on home invasion - then he couldn't understand as [i]a white person[/i] why I would mind a knock on my door to sweep out the illegal aliens - seems the fourth ammendment and constitutional guarantees weren't an issue to him - no big deal. No disrespect intended.

I agree to some extent we can't sweep houses etc, but there is a lot we can do. We can increase fines to companies that employ illegals. We can increase needed proof of citizenship for school attendance and any other public services. We can treat them as law breakers, and as other lawbreakers we can search and confiscate property.

Basically the bottom line is we can make it not cost effective for companies to use them and make it much more difficult to live here as an illegal, and at least that would curb/reduce the numbers. But we also need a robust system to create documented workers while securing our borders.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by americanwoman
"What if 20 million illegal aliens vacated America?"

Good riddance I say. We can then let in 20 million LEGAL immigrants who are right now unfairly waiting for approval to come here LEGALLY. I don't have a problem with immigration. It is perfectly understandable why people would want to come here in search of a better life. What I have a problem with is people SNEAKING in, BREAKING OUR LAWS in the process and then DEMANDING (and in some embecilic denial of common sense) actually BEING PROVIDED with taxpayer funded services (while themselves working for cash to avoid contributing in any way to the system they exploit).

Yep, and even make profit in charging for a working visa (at a much reduce cost than paying to come here illegally) that would make the whole process of securing our borders and controlling documented works a self-sufficient program. Hey, we could even let other countries around the world be part of this program too, and not discriminate by letting only Mexicans be workers. Many other countries have sponsorship programs that tightly control documented workers, and in this case you could sponsor a number of workers for your company.

It’s funny that everyone is throwing around the 20 mil number and we might all be surprised as to how small the true number of workers are actually needed. We might even find the a few million is more than enough to meet our needs, and isn’t that what all of this should really be about? Protect Americans from dangerous illegals, stop tax dollars from supporting illegals while maintaining just the right number of legal workers needed.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I would say that the days of a virtual slave labor would be over.
Now would it hurt, yes, would prices go up, yes, but at the same time what bennifits would you see?
1) You would see prices go up and then down, stabilize, as most people want to make money, so there would be a move by most people to go back to an agricultural nature, thus you would have a greater amount of people who are having to work with the environment to prevent mismanagement of the environment. Farming and ranching towns would start to see the boom from such.
2) We would not worry about misuse and abuse by people against illegale aliens, no more violations in human rights, no more slavery as it were.
3) 20 million more jobs would open up, fair work for a decent wage.
4) More taxes that would pay for alot more of the federal governments expenditures.
5) No more questions of which country that a person supports.
6) Diseases that we once erradicated through careful monitoring and innoculation will once again be erradicated from the US soil, thus the health and well being of the country is taken care of.
Problem with Illegale immigration is that it is people who come into the country through the backdoor, fail to go through the necessary checks and health screenings to where it is a game of roullette that we either end up with someone who is like a Davinchi or a Hitler in the making.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonsouljah
To those who say your fruit would go up in price-
You're defending not only illegal immigrants but also illegal farming practice. Good for you guys for defending domestic slave labor. Maybe bottom-line jagoffs would think twice about going to Taco bell once your taco jumped up 20cents.

ILLEGALS OUT

Up here in Washington/Oregon area there is a very large legal Mexican work force for the huge cherry and pear market here. They bust their butts and make good money in a very hard working environment, and guess what? IT WORKS! Prices need to not go up on anything….that is just scare propaganda to barely justify illegals.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I live in the Washington/Oregon area, as well. The Hispanic population is huge, and growing virtually by the day...most are legal, though a large minority are illegal...

Any where there is a large illegal population crime is going to go up as well... In just the past two weeks there have been in my little town (30,000+ population roughly) there have been numerous incidents of gang activity (shootings, stabbings, gang fights, etc...), the meth trade is in such great shape, I don't bother keeping track of the meth-heads that come into the store where I work anymore...there are more than I can keep easy track of... It's only a matter of time until I get held up, as most of the stores in the area, with the exception of mine, and Walmart, have been in the past year, some of them mulitple times...

I'm not saying the illegals are the sole cause of this, but they're not helping any.

To solve this problem requires, as most know, cracking down on the folks hiring the illegals. Fines, jailtime for the employers, and deportation for the employees.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join