It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Reasons Why I Think A Tax Revolt Is Necessary

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The Top 10 Reasons Why I Think A Tax Revolt Is Necessary

(In no particular order)

1. Violence is never the answer, let's get that straight.

2. The government no longer listens to protests or marches. Instead, when a grass roots movement or a protest movement does get started these days, a psy-ops campaign is started (through mainstream media outlets such as CNN) to attack or ridicule those group who are protesting.

3. What does work? Peaceful disobedience and peaceful non-compliance of the law. Think of how the civil rights movements and Ghandi's protest in India worked: peaceful, civil disobedience. No violence. No rage. Just peaceful, non-compliance. It may have been illegal for black people to sit at the lunch counters or sit in the front of the buss, but they did it anyway. Not paying taxes is a form of peaceful, civil, disobedience.

4. I have heard that the IRS is un-constitutional, anyway. (Is this true? I'm not sure...I'd have to look into this further to see if that is, indeed, true.) So, if the IRS is un-constitutional, I can think of no better way of fighting back against the unconstitutional actions of the government by first refusing to pay unconstitutional taxes.

5. Washington is now run by a group of power-addicts. I don't give alcoholics money to buy alcohol, and I don't give drug addicts money to buy drugs. Why should I keep giving
power-addicts money to keep buying more power?

6. Once a system is corrupt, it is not possible to "reform" it from the inside. The reform must come from the outside. Corrupt leaders will never willingly reform themselves, because...hello!... they are....corrupt. We have MULTIPLE examples of this, and not just in politics. The only hope of reforming our government to get those people out, who are causing the problem, and the only way to remove power-addicts from any system is to take away their source of power. In this case, it's money.

If we "starve" them out by refusing to pay taxes, and then reform the government regulations so that no politician can be allowed to gain masses of personal wealth once he or she becomes an elected official, that would be a beginning. But they will not do it from the inside....we must initiate the reform from the outside.

7. A tax revolt gives the American people leverage. We have NO leverage right now with the government. None. Once a tax revolt is staged, and we get their attention, THEN the people have leverage to demand change. Such as, a new constitutional congress, which would look at major reforms. But without leverage, nobody will listen to us.

8. I am sick and tired of the sitting presidents using MY tax money to fight wars that are un-constitutional. The Constitution said that CONGRESS is the only governmental body that has the power to declare war, and they did that for a reason. We have not officially declared war on anyone since WWII. Instead, our president just orders troops into these long-lasting police actions on foreign soil that never seem to end. It's ridiculous. Declare war or don't. But if you declare war, do it right: go in, get it done, and get out. But these long-lasting police actions are ridiculous! How long have we been in Afghanistan and Iraq now??

9. Nobody has the right to make Americans buy health insurance, or anything they don't want to buy. And especially, nobody has the right to make American buy health insurance, or get a felony conviction. I was all for health care reform, but THAT is completely UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

What are they going to require next, in a few years? What if Big Pharma starts to fail? Will they require that everyone needs to consume at least three pharmaceutical medications a year, or get a felony conviction? Think of how scary this is. I am all for non-discrimination against pre-existing conditions (because that's what it is...discrimination), but I am NOT for mandatory health insurance through private insurers, or mandatory consumption of anything.

10. I am sick and tired of my government using MY tax money to prop up big corporations that are about to fail. With this new health care law mandating everyone must buy health insurance, they are just propping up the insurance companies that stand to fail under health care reform. This is just like how they propped up the big banks that stood to fail. And the car companies that stood to fail. But the thing is, the big banks would have not been at risk of failing if their practices had been ethical. And the insurance companies would not currently be at risk of failing today if their practices had been ethical. And if the car companies had run their companies right and actually made cars that people liked to drive, they would not have been at risk of failing.

So, it seems that when it comes to our government, if you own a big company, you are allowed to be unethical or make as many mistakes as you want, and the government will come running to bail you out because you are "too big to fail." How is that captialism? It's not! Why did we fight wars in Korea and Vietnam and the cold war for so many years, to defend American values, if we are not even practicing them anymore? These companies should be allowed to fail.

It's just like a forest. In a forest, eventaully, the big trees die and the little sprouts on the bottom of the forest floor grow bigger and take their place. The rot and decay from the big trees goes to nourish the little trees. It's nature's way....and that is how capitalism is supposed to work.

If we continue to prop up large, unethical, or badly run companies, simply because they employ too many people....the American capital system has failed. Let them fail....and stop giving them my money.

I started my own sole proprietorship this year. If I fail to run my company properly and fail, should I expect the government to bail me out? No. I should not. Nor should anybody's tax money go to bail me out if I should fail to be a good business woman.

So, in closing, I will repeat what I said in another thread. I think that we all agree that our tax money is not being wisely spent. Our leaders in congress are behaving like irresponsible children, manically spending our money on things they shouldn't be, or have no right to spend it on. If they are going to behave like irresponsible children, then we should treat them as such, and TAKE AWAY THEIR ALLOWANCE.

But, in order for it to work, it would have to be a massive tax revolt.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Even if half the people here on ATS that normally pay taxes don't pay taxes, More than half the U.S that does pay taxes still would. I don't think this would work at all, but it MIGHT make some people think and join the movement. In some cases btw, violence is the answer.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Although your heart is in the right place, the problem with not paying taxes is 2 fold...

1. Taxes are collected on things and services you buy not only on income, and most income tax is taken directly on your paycheck... Every time you would buy something, you would be paying taxes...

2. There would be no money for people to work. Think of it as a domino effect... the police, fire, and other public services won't be able to function. Those people will be out of work. Then the government assisted people would not be able to eat. The whole country's infrastructure would collapse and then people will get hurt and die... Hungry people will do crazy things...

The rich have more than enough money to survive longer than anyone of us "normal" people could....

I'm sure there's a much less drastic measure, I'm not into shooting myself in the foot...

Magnum

[edit on 10/4/3 by Magnum007]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Once again I'm reminded of the peaceful revolution we had with the British that worked so well. Then I day dream about the non violence we use in Iraq, Afghanistan and all those other nations.

Violence is never the answer so we should get rid of those useless firearms and tasers.

The government didn't listen to any protests yet when violence was raised as an option they listened.

Peaceful resistance to government tyranny often has has violence around them.

The turmoil around martin luther king was punctuated by violent displays and riots. No this was not on the word of martin but it was an opposite and equal reaction to what they faced.

Just that one example.

Should we initiate violence now? No, we can still petition congress and the supreme court with a constitutionalists bringing our case to bear. After all other means have been extinguished, open violence is the answer. It was the answer for our founding fathers and after a fashion it may be our last resort.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
violence is never the answer? Tell that to the American revolutionairies! Tell that to the Native Americans who lost their country! Tell that to the Nazis. Tell that to the people who lived through the Rockefeller strikebreaks and the Ludlow massacare. You are another naive person that does not know their history. Violence is ALWAYS an option but only as a last resort. The time for talking is OVER in the USA. The people need to get pissed off and start some violence in the streets i.e. mass riots, it's time to start breaking things!!!!!!!!!!!1

We don't need a damn tax revolt............We need a g'damn OVERTHROW of our government!

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

The time for talking is OVER in the USA.

Isn't that what Al-Quaeda and the "terrorists" have been saying for the last 10 years??? Paranoia and extremism is a common trait amongst certain groups of sick people who have no idea what they are talking about...

Magnum

[edit on 10/4/3 by Magnum007]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Really? What sick people are those? Would those be the people that hate to see their country destroyed, and turned into something it was never meant to be? Maybe those sick people are descendants of our founding fathers and the sickness is hereditary?

Maybe the sickness is on the people who would sit and do nothing, letting the government take over everything and every part of our lives? Have you thought of that?

By the way have you looked at our debt and interest on our debt? Do you really think our taxes pay for services? Interesting.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by oppaperclip]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I've done some research and this is what i found.

1- There is no law that obliges any US worker (not corporation) to produce a 1040

2- There is no law that says that workers must pay income tax

3- The IRS is not part of the government. Their role is to collect income tax in order to pay the interest of the US debt to the banksters of Europe. They use intimidation and scare tactics to meet their goals.

So, this is about it. I rest my case.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by oppaperclip

Would those be the people that hate to see their country destroyed, and turned into something it was never meant to be? Maybe those sick people are descendants of our founding fathers and the sickness is hereditary?

Never, meant to be... Never, meant to be... Hmmm, gee, I'm sure that the founding fathers would be thrilled about women's skirts getting much shorter... Maybe they would enjoy it. Perhaps they would enjoy watching people get killed on TV. Hmmm...

Times change, so does the law, so does the interpretation of things... The constitution meant something then, and means something different now. That's just the reality of things...

Did you know that rape was not applicable in Canada between man and wife until after 1985? Did you know that women were considered property before 1985 in the criminal code and that rape was a property crime, less severe than theft of cattle???

Gee, maybe our founding fathers were right, REVOLT! MAKE WOMEN YOUR PROPERTY!!!

By the way have you looked at our debt and interest on our debt? Do you really think our taxes pay for services? Interesting.

How do you suppose things are paid for then? Out of the governor's pocket? Out of the president's???

Magnum

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lagenese

Your right and I went to pay my taxes this year and asked to see the law that states I have to pay taxes. All the employee did was look at me and say "oh, you're one of those" like it's a bad thing.

Direct taxes can be imposed on us, however they have to be in conjunction with the enumeration ans census. The 1913 amendment violates the constitution, and that is why so many of our taxes are illegal.

Every country will have its people pay taxes, all I ask is that they don't violate the law of the land to illegal take more taxes than they are allowed.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
violence is never the answer? Tell that to the American revolutionairies! Tell that to the Native Americans who lost their country! Tell that to the Nazis. Tell that to the people who lived through the Rockefeller strikebreaks and the Ludlow massacare. You are another naive person that does not know their history. Violence is ALWAYS an option but only as a last resort. The time for talking is OVER in the USA. The people need to get pissed off and start some violence in the streets i.e. mass riots, it's time to start breaking things!!!!!!!!!!!1

We don't need a damn tax revolt............We need a g'damn OVERTHROW of our government!

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

Amen brother. The wussies saying that violence is never the answer are clueless. It's a myth. Plain and simple. Our forefathers new of the necessity for violence when all other options are exhausted. I agree with the OP on some points. Most importantly, that when the system becomes corrupt, reform is no longer an option.

What is needed is an overthrow of the government. It doesn't have to be very bloody, but I doubt it would be entirely bloodless. We need a march on Washington that trumps anything which has previously been done. We need to quite literally storm congress, the white house, and demand change, dammit. It's not going to happen any other way.

Sadly, I don't see this happening until society is near collapse anyways. It's the same with civilization and peak oil, climate change. On the whole, humans are incredibly foolish. We're going to wait until the very last moment to begin truly changing this earth. Will we be so late that the majority perish and/or have a greatly reduced standard of living? It seems likely.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

First of all this was about AMERICA not some silly canadian law.

Look at our debt and tell me that the taxes of the masses pay for services.

Let me explain something to you since it seemingly escapes you. This thing called the deficit exists. Shh it's a secret I guess. This deficit is negative spending caused by over spending. Since it doesn't come from American taxes it comes from the federal reserve. Guess what that means????

Oh my it means on top of the deficit, we have debt and interest from monies borrowed from the federal reserve.

Now tell me what that has to do with some wench being property of someone?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by oppaperclip

First of all this was about AMERICA not some silly canadian law.

The parallels are obviously beyond understanding... What I'm saying is that laws and ways of thinking change over time. That society is not static and mores change over time. Same with the interpretation of your constitution. What was right then may ot apply now. They obviously didn't know of the internet, cars, electricity, etc... This is why the law, and the interpretation of the constitution changes over time... Just like how women are not our property, and African-Americans are not yours anymore either...

Look at our debt and tell me that the taxes of the masses pay for services.

The money has to come from somewhere, and your taxes surely help... How do you think your government pays for the army to transport bombs it sends to Israel??

Let me explain something to you since it seemingly escapes you. This thing called the deficit exists. Shh it's a secret I guess. This deficit is negative spending caused by over spending. Since it doesn't come from American taxes it comes from the federal reserve. Guess what that means???? Oh my it means on top of the deficit, we have debt and interest from monies borrowed from the federal reserve.

Belittling me only makes you seem weak with arguments. So you might want to skim a little on it... I am familiar with what a deficit is... And it changes nothing. Your tax money is what is making the difference between borrowing 1 million or 1 billion from the reserve...

Now tell me what that has to do with some wench being property of someone?

It has to do with the fact that I mentioned above : "The parallels are obviously beyond understanding... What I'm saying is that laws and ways of thinking change over time. That society is not static and mores change over time. Same with the interpretation of your constitution. What was right then may ot apply now. They obviously didn't know of the internet, cars, electricity, etc... This is why the law, and the interpretation of the constitution changes over time... Just like how women are not our property, and African-Americans are not yours anymore either..."

Magnum

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Look Canadian I don't expect you to understand our Constitution or our freedom as what you all did to Ann Coulter.

You obviously don't understand the finer points of what the Constitution represents and why it should not change with the times to fit some vague idealistic point of view.

Some wench being property has no parallels to our monetary system, except perhaps in the fact that over time the views do change towards the use of each of them.

IF you do understand about deficits, debt and interest, you would understand that our taxes don't even payoff the interest to our debts, so no it doesn't "make the difference between borrowing 1 million or 1 billion from the reserve..." And with an increased deficit and debt it will become harder and harder for us to stay above the death zone. That's why our triple A rating is in jeopardy.

Where does our government get the money then....hmmm....THIN AIR, just look at what the fractional reserve banking system is based upon. They got some good sites and youtube videos on it so educate yourself.

It's been all over all the news channels ever since the federal reserve has just been printing more fiat currency, it is backed by nothing and that is why AMERICA could be facing inflation.

How else can I explain it to you? They pay taxes to our interests payments. The taxes don't cover the interest. SO we borrow money from China and print more money out of thin air. Where did you think America got its money? Did you think we were fiscally responsible? LOL

I don't care if I seem weak in my argument, because in this I'm right.

Check out bloomberg, and other financial sites and news sources. But first looking into Fractional reserve banking.

You thought we were financial responsible and our taxes paid for things.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Unfortunately you are incorrect. The Internal Revenue code does require people to file tax returns and pay taxes.

Section 1 of the Internal Revenue Code imposes a tax on individuals' income. Section 11 imposes taxes on Corporations. Section 2001 imposes an estate tax and section 2501 imposes a gift tax.

Section 6011(a) of the Internal Revenue Code requires people to file tax returns.

Here is a link to the internal revenue code if you do not believe me.

Cornell University School of Law Website

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

According to "THE IRS CODE", yes, you must pay taxes. But according to congress and the Senate, there is no law. I've done my homework, and i'm sure of what i posted. But, of course, you have the right to your own opinion. This is the whole purpose of this forum.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Excuse me, but the Internal Revenue Code is the law! It is the statute that lays down the framework for the United States' tax laws.

You either must be trolling or you got your LL.M. form a cracker jack box!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

This law you talk about was never voted by the Senate. Check it out. By the way, i am not trolling, just merely posting my own findings. BY the way, i don't even live in the US. I'm in Canada...

Google Video Link

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

It was approved by the Senate. How else did it get into the United States Code? Why does every court that hears tax cases treat the Internal Revenue code as the law?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

They don't. Many people have won cases by asking for two simple things.

1. Prove to me that the states fully ratified the 16th amendment. It wasn't. It's a sham.

2. Show me where in the tax code it states specifically that U.S. born citizens must pay INCOME tax. It doesn't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join