It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Q" Did Jesus commit intellectual Suicide!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I only ask because Jesus knew what he was doing provoking the Jews an hence the Romans! so did he say in that message Euthanasia. is cool as long as you know what you are doing!

[edit on 3-4-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
I only ask because Jesus knew what he was doing provoking the Jews an hence the Romans! so did he say in that message Euphanasia is cool as long as you know what you are doing!

His purpose wasn't to "provoke" anyone, silly -

He was sent here for us, to forgive our sins - and
to fulfill God's will, and plans.

You should be on your knees thanking Him instead of
ridiculing Him.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

There's another way of putting it. You could say that he thought what he was doing was important enough to be worth the risk. That's not the same thing as wanting to die.

A man who tries to rescue a child from a burning building is running the risk of death, and he knows it, but he's not committing suicide.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

I only ask because Jesus knew what he was doing provoking the Jews an hence the Romans! so did he say in that message Euphanasia is cool as long as you know what you are doing!

His purpose wasn't to "provoke" anyone, silly -

He was sent here for us, to forgive our sins - and
to fulfill God's will, and plans.

You should be on your knees thanking Him instead of
ridiculing Him.

No, you're wrong.
You should be cutting sheep open in order to honor the glorious wanderer Odin, the only real and true God.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well according to the stories I read about this guy. He must have committed suicide because he was perfect and without sin but still ended up going to hell. Mind you he broke out three days later but thats how I remember it.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

No you're both wrong.

We should be flogging each other naked. with ties of willow branches, in the forest.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Well for starters, it's Euthanasia.

And yes, Jesus had to commit suicide by Romans. He role in the story is a martyr.

So yes in a metaphorical sense, he was suicidal.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
Well according to the stories I read about this guy. He must have committed suicide because he was perfect and without sin but still ended up going to hell. Mind you he broke out three days later but thats how I remember it.

That is a hilarious statement.

On a more serious note, I assume you are referring to one of the books of the Bible that the Vatican supposedly removed because of obvious reasons?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Im strictly speaking about the "Jesus is a God" aspect! if he's a God he should of had a fair idea what would of happend to him that Night in the Garden of Gethsamane!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

There's another way of putting it. You could say that he thought what he was doing was important enough to be worth the risk. That's not the same thing as wanting to die.

A man who tries to rescue a child from a burning building is running the risk of death, and he knows it, but he's not committing suicide.

No that is misinformation. You are misleading.

Jesus was told by God (I assume) "If you go to Earth and die a horrible death, you will save this race of humans".

So Jesus (probably) said, hellsya, I love humans I'd gladly die for their sins.

This cannot be compared to a freaking firefighter expecting to get out of the fire alive and go home tonight.

This was a suicide mission plain and simple. And Jesus was just the man for the job, apparently.

I am just telling you the basis of the story itself. He went on a for sure 100% suicide mission to "save you".

Look I am not religious but at least I know how the story goes...

[edit on 3-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Im strictly speaking about the "Jesus is a God" aspect! if he's a God he should of had a fair idea what would of happend to him that Night in the Garden of Gethsamane!

Technically he did.

Remember he foretold of how one of the disciples would turn against him?

Yet he still forgave him.

So actually , according to the story, he did foresee that Night in the Garden.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Fair point. So this question is really about the definition of suicide, whether it extends to include the act of self-sacrifice for the benefit of others.

The church traditionally objects to suicide, and has never tried to discourage self-sacrifice, so I suppose it does make a distinction.

But then the answer would be not so much "suicide is OK under certain conditions", but more "accepting death under certain conditions is not suicide".

[edit on 3-4-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yes, you've picked up an inaccuracy in my hasty analogy. It would be more accurate if the fire-fighter knew he could not survive the rescue, even though it would be successful. I'm still not sure that conscious self-sacrifice is the same thing as "wanting to die" for the sake of dying, which is the usual understanding of suicide.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
I'm still not sure that conscious self-sacrifice is the same thing as "wanting to die" for the sake of dying, which is the usual understanding of suicide.

Of course it's not the same thing. Self sacrifice for the sake of others is one form of love which is what everything is supposed to be about.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I do agree with your corrected form of analogy thanks.

If the firefighter went in knowing he would die, I bet most firefighters would just go on in.

Firefighters are not cowards. And they do it for others most of the time.

If there is an example of Jesus's selflessness in today's world, a Firefighter is a good example more often than not.

Few other people take such risks for the benefit of others. And some firefighters do actually knowingly go on suicide missions.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Meh, I wouldn't trust the bible or most of what is said in it. It's so corrupted and re-written, I highly doubt there is little "fact" in there.

I don't know who the real jesus was, I have no problem with his existence, but I wish he would have asked first before committing suicide for my sins. I don't believe in sin so I hate him for being such a smug bastard(pun intended).

And yes, it was suicide. Ever heard of suicide by police? Guy wants to die, picks a fight with the police, ends up getting shot. No matter what the motive, its still suicide.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by vjr1113]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I only ask because Jesus knew what he was doing provoking the Jews an hence the Romans! so did he say in that message Euthanasia. is cool as long as you know what you are doing!

[edit on 3-4-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

It's definitely reasonable to think so.

Considering the fact that Jesus Christ was a straight thug nigga from the hood, it's logical to conclude that he was fully capable of this.

new topics

top topics

join