It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Brewing In Scotland

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I also read this on Dacid Icke's website some time ago..

It's truly disgusting how this is being ignored and covered up.
I hope that this will be brought out into the light of day and exposed as the disgusting crime and abuse of power that it is... but I can only hope.

It also reminded me of one of the other massive cover ups.... The Franklin case.

[edit on 4/4/10 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala
This is one of those "theories" that conspiracists love because it can never be brought to conclusion. And that's because the evidence of a woman with Down's Syndrome cannot be relied on in court, so those men who sexually abused her will go untried in front of a jury of their peers.

I think the British state recognised, however, that the lady had been abused because they awarded financial compensation, on the test of "balance of probability". But the test in a criminal court is "beyond reasonable doubt" ... and that's where the woman's case falls down, unfortunately.

Combine that with some utter incompetence by the authorities & some clumsy legal threats and you have a conspiracy which will just run and run.

I find your stance on this both vile and ignorant, go away and spend week looking into this, if you have, then your either very silly or very sick in my eyes.

justice for hollie!

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Justice for Hollie Greig will only come if her evidence is corroborated, because that's the whole basis of the Scottish criminal justice system. The word of one person is weighted no more highly than that of another, without corroboration.

The Police so far have presented no corroborative evidence to the prosecuting authorities, so there's no charges to be brought, no trial to be heard.

There's no confessions, DNA evidence or witness testimony. Anyone of them could be corroborative evidence, under the Scottish criminal justice system. But there's nothing.

I don't know quite what's so contentious about stating that.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

Ulala, so far as well as threatening to sue a poster you have written some posts which a number of others -- and I think quite rightly -- view as being vile and discriminatory. (I would personally add 'kind of twisted' too, but hey, that's only my personal opinion..and no doubt you would threaten to sue me if I did say that... :-) )

You keep saying things like: "The Police so far have presented no corroborative evidence to the prosecuting authorities."

If you read the original post there is a bit that says:

"NONE of the named abusers (apart from her father and brother) were interviewed by Grampian police."

I'm sorry, but what part of that isn't getting through to you? It is one of the (many) disturbing aspects of this scandal that Hollie Greig's allegations were never investigated by the police. In fact, soon after making the allegations Hollie's mother was basically abducted from her home and sectioned in a psychiatric facility, whilst Hollie was returned to the 'care' of the father she had accused of abusing her.

One of the posters above has already asked you to actually read the original post Ulala. Hopefully one day, when you're not firing out threats to sue people and making people feel uneasy, you will actually get around to doing so.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Thank you so much for your thoughtful comment, MischeviousElf. It is really fantastic and enlightening to get a perspective on this scandal from a person who is familiar with the workings of the Care industry. I would recommend everyone reading this thread to read your post as it is essential reading... :-)

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OurManInGlasgow

Thanks for bringing this to the attention of people outside of Scotland and the rest of the UK. I can't believe how swept under the rug this case is. Awful. Please post updates if the police actually invetigate (apparently only if they are pressured hard enough).
oh BTW people don't forget that "ignore" option underneath poster's avatars--it can help keep the blood pressure down a bit

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OurManInGlasgow

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Ulala]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Thanks for keeping this on ATS

Now it is OUR TURN - we should all riase flags /banners in prominent places for justice for Hollie Greig - in the hope that local papers and passers by also become interested

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Now it is OUR TURN - we should all riase flags /banners in prominent places for justice for Hollie Greig - in the hope that local papers and passers by also become interested

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight

I am completely sickened by this story, but it proves that there will never be any justice for the real victims in this world. It doesnt matter how many normal people know about it, im sure everyone knows of someone, or unknowinly knows someone, who's been abused. This is not just an isolated case, there are countless other people victim to these sick perverts in every town in the country, probably the world. And they know how evil their crimes are by the lengths they go to cover them up.

Survival of the fittest? These abusive #s are not fit to exist.

The law in this country is a complete joke, its an abomination. Its time the entire system was brought crashing down so all the evil can be exposed and wiped out. Death to everyone involved.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Lol, thanks for the advice about the 'ignore' option Chamberf... :-)

There are developments in this scandal all the time. Recently the chief investigator in the Hollie Greig case apparently found that a taped police interview he gave whilst under arrest in Aberdeen had been tampered with...he has sent a letter to a different police force in Scotland asking them to investigate it.

His letter can be read in full here:

www.holliedemandsjustice.org/letter-from-robert-green-to-chief-constable-david-strang-23rd-march-2010

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Well said templar knight...for 10 years Hollie and her mum Anne have been fighting to be heard mostly alone, and in the dark. Now there are over 20,000 people just on facebook supporting them. I hope this gives inspiration not just to them, and not even just to other people who may find themselves in a similar situation...but to all of us.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Bravo OurManInGlasgow!

This needed to be brought up again. The old thread was getting slowly buried. I emailed the media in my country about this, and heard nothing back.

Ulala, I think you are wrong. I'm of the belief that this is a weak point in the veil of secrecy and if enough people spend enough time and energy to rip this open, it could be a turning point of global proportions.
Also Ulala, please don't be so negative and dismissive, this isn't a conspiracy theory, it's a good cause with a good chance of success.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
BTW, here's a link to that old thread I was referring to:
Scotland's Lord Advocate concealing top-level paedophile ring?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Recouper

Yes recouper, excellent points. I think when anyone comes across this story it strikes them immediately. If anyone is going to do anything about this terrible scandal I think it can only be the public, and that is what we are seeing in Scotland now.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala

There's no confessions, DNA evidence or witness testimony. Anyone of them could be corroborative evidence, under the Scottish criminal justice system. But there's nothing.

I don't know quite what's so contentious about stating that.

For me the reason why there is no evidence to cooroborate Hollies story is because the police have failed to go and find any.

If the police took this attitude with other allegations of crimes committed then no criminal would ever go to court.

Thanks to the OP for reminding ATS of the case and please would everybody join the FB support page .... thx

[edit on 8-4-2010 by bigyin]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join