It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easter Sunday Special, The truth behind the resusrection??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by piedsniper

This question may be off topic, but...well...screw it, I'll ask anyways...
What's the whole "angels on the head of a pin" thing about?

Oh, yeah, PiedSniper, I'm with you on all of this stuff.
I make no attempt to hide my anti-christian views, or my pro-Satanism views (because Satanism is so much more fun and it's philosophies are practical and contemporary)...but...alas...none of us can change the sheeps' minds, and I'm cool with that.
What really makes my blood boil is the pity by which people like that view people like us with.
They do their whole cannibalizing jesus thing, and don't seem to have any qualms about it and it's mind boggling.
I think I'm starting to go on a diatribe here, so I'll just finish up with this...
Answer the damn "angels on the head of a pin" question, somebody!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
Also, did Mary Magdalene see Jesus at the tomb (John 20: 14-16...when he appeared as a gardener at first) or did he appear to her later on (Matthew 28: 5-9)?

There were two women named Mary.

Matthew 28:1 "Now after the sabbath, toward the dawn of the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the sepulchre."

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

This question may be off topic, but...well...screw it, I'll ask anyways... What's the whole "angels on the head of a pin" thing about?

HEADS OF PINS James Franklin Australian Mathematical Society Gazette, volume 20, Number 4, p. 127 Bob Berghout and Garry Tee (volume 20, nos. 1 and 3) ask about the origin of the ridiculous libel that the medieval scholastics examined "such matters as how many angels could fit on the head of a pin".

The earliest mention I know of is in Chillingworth's Religion of Protestants a Safe Way to Salvation (1638, reprinted 1972, 12th unnumbered page of the preface), where he accuses scholastics (unnamed, of course) of debating " Whether a Million of Angels may not fit upon a needles point?" As to the truth of the allegation itself, H.S. Lang, author of Aristotle's Physics and its Medieval Varieties (1992), and in a position to know if anyone does, writes (p. 284):
"The question of how many angels can dance on the point of a needle, or the head of a pin, is often attributed to 'late medieval writers' ... In point of fact, the question has never been found in this form". The middle ages attracts this sort of story: "In the middle ages it was believed the earth was flat", "Galileo showed medieval physics was wrong by dropping weights from the Leaning Tower of Pisa", and so on. They are the equivalents in the history of ideas to urban myths like the cat in the microwave. -------------------------- Addendum: Perhaps the final answer to this medieval conundrum lies in a casual remark made to Senate by the Vice-Chancellor of Newcastle University, Professor Raoul Mortley "The answer is of course well known; fewer if fat, more if thin". (The Editor) See further: On this question, a discussion; another. Aquinas does discuss "whether several angels can be in the same place at the same time" (Summa theologiae bk. I q. 52 art. 3, but that does not have the farcical ring of the original.

web.maths.unsw.edu.au...

There you go pretty good explanation of bollocks if you ask me, obviously way before the Campagnolo v Shimano argument lol

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

and God is All-Powerful

Well, according to scripture god isn't all that powerful "omnipotent" after all he did loose a wrestling match against Jacob even when he cheated-

32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day. 32:25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him. 32:26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me. 32:27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said,

In Judges 1: 19 yahweh jesus gets his butt whipped because the position had chariots of iron.

1:019 And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

Yahwhe jesus tries to kill moses but fails

4:24 And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him. 4:25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me. 4:26 So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband thou art, because of the circumcision.

Yahweh jesus has very limited strength -

23:22 God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn.

And of course let's not forget that yahweh jesus had so limited power that he had to rest on the 7th day of creation,presumably because he was so tired.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by piedsniper]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Does it say anywhere in the bible that bunnies and eggs are a symbol of jesus rising from the grave?

There's symbolism riddled everywhere dude,

xtians hide behind a fish the zociacal symbol of Pisces and the nascoreans were the" little fishes" not forgetting the ample allusions to fisherman.

The jews had a symboloic history with the ram/sheep and the offering of such, a very obvious allusion to the Zodiacal sign of Aries.

The jews/hebrews/proto jews had issues with earlier veneration of the bovine /bull/cow a symbol of the zodiacal Taurus.

And it doesn't end there, the scriptures are replete with zodiacal symbols far too much to go into here I'm just pointing out the real obvious.

The allusion to the stellar zodiacal/precesional cycle within the bibles is so obvious that I find it jaw droppingly amazing why the xtians are completely blind to it.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by piedsniper

HEADS OF PINS James Franklin Australian Mathematical Society Gazette, volume 20, Number 4, p. 127...

*crickets*

Ah...
Well...
*ahem*
After having carefully evaluated the data, I have come to the conclusion that...it still makes no sense whatsoever.

[note: edited because I seem to have issues with that darn quote function]

[edit on 4/6/10 by Matthew Dark]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

After having carefully evaluated the data, I have come to the conclusion that...it still makes no sense whatsoever.

Indeed, nothing about christianity, god, angels demons etc makes any sense to the reasoning mind, it is very much a make it up as you go along religion.

Somehow a christian developed the ability to rationalize absurdity the most obvious example being the trinity.

I've yet to meet an xtian that can give a genuinely reasonable explanation of why an omniscient/omnipresent/omnipotent being that created everything that ever was is or will ever be, would ask itself why it had forsaken itself.

What is most horrifying is that this nonsense is forced on children.
When we seek to find the cause of our social problems and why our children act in the most peculiar ways. Could it not be that although they are continued to be taught that the jesus "santa" is very real, the evidence is simply to the contrary creating a conflict in the growing (evolving) mind ?

At one time I was of the opinion that that biblical bigotry to homosexuals would bring christianity tumbling down but it would seem that christian child rape could well turn out to be the straw that broke the camels back.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Also, did Mary Magdalene see Jesus at the tomb (John 20: 14-16...when he appeared as a gardener at first) or did he appear to her later on (Matthew 28: 5-9)?

There were two women named Mary.

Matthew 28:1 "Now after the sabbath, toward the dawn of the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the sepulchre."

Weren't both Mary's together at the tomb? Did they both not see Jesus then? So does it matter which Mary it was?

Anyways, if you read Matthew 28, you see that both Mary's are on their way to tell the disciples when in Matthew 28:9 says that Jesus met both Mary's.
Yet, he had already met them at the tomb in John. So.....?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hey Trouble Shooter

Your Greek quote is taken from the 4th canonical Gospel (‘according to John’ whoever he was) but If you think that simply cutting and pasting a random verse e.g. John 5:39-40 as it appears in the ‘majority’ Greek texts can help your argument much, you are very much mistaken:

For one things there are textual variants of the quote you gave, and you did not specify the variants of the passage in the Greek MSS as if you are not aware of them at all.

Try to recall that phrases quoted from the ‘scriptures’ placed into the mouth of the Greek Speaking Iesous in the canonical Greek Gospel material have much to do with the Brutal 1st century Roman Occupation, and to the Messianic Hope in those frightful days before the impending destruction of the 2nd Temple in 70 CE by the Roman Army –

Your quotation echoes certain Aramaic Targum paraphrases of Hebrew texts which speak of invasion and exile and total destruction (if you see their original contexts) – so if you are trying to say that Israel will be again destroyed ‘because the chosen ones would not listen to their clan god’ then say so.

The fact is I do not believe you know the source-context of the Greek words placed into the mouth of the Greek Speaking Iesous in the book from which your extract was taken (i.e. from the Hebrew prophets).

Also, certain terms are left unexplained in your quote: for example, the whole subject of ‘writings’ or ‘scriptures’ naturally begs the question: WHICH SCRIPTURES (‘writings’) is being referred to here, since the 'scriptures' he referred to DID NOT EVEN EXIST YET AS ANY SINGLE COLLECTION BETWEEN TWO COVERS UNTIL c. AD 150 (after the 2nd Failed Jewish Revolt in 136 CE ('Bar Kokhba') and AFTER the Rabnnic Council of Javneh (or Jamnia, in 90 CE, long after Jerusalem was ground to powder and the temple destroyed in 70 CE during the 1st failed revolt)

Rather, the term referred to a MUCH LARGER CORPUS of 'writings' and your quotation is quite meaningless if you mean by 'scriptures' the later council approved Old Testament which DID NOT EVEN EXIST in the form you know it to-day during the 'Good Rebbe's' lifetime (c. BCE 12 to CE 36).

From Qumran we discovered (to both Jewish and Christian Shock and Awe) in those days Palestinian Jews had MANY MORE BOOKS that formed 'scriptures that defiled the hands' than we do today: we can see this from the more than 800 scrolls that had been hand copied since BCE 300 in Caves 1-11 at Qumran(the so-called Dead Sea Scroll Corpus), e.g. the Scroll of the Book of the Testaments of the 12 Patriarchs being the sons of Israel (which the Ethiopic Church held as canonical until the 19th century, or the Scroll of the Book of the Words of Henoch the Son of Jared (ditto), or the Testament of Moses (aka Book of Jubilees), or the Wisdom of Ben-Sirach...

So.. for your quotation to to be in anyway meaningful that says

e.g. MIDRASH THE SCRIPTURES, it would be important to KNOW WHICH SCRIPTURES are to be midrashed (‘sought out/explained/commented upon)

This passage however, does suggest that there was a midrashic tradition going back to the tim of R. Yehoshua who seemed to have taught his followers to MIDRASH THE SCRIPTURES as part of his End of Days Weltanschauung - a carry over from the John the Baptist teaching no doubt.

Certainly the Qumran groups did a lot of Midrashing of what was regarded as scripture in those days - during the decades before the Destruction of the 2nd temple when all their Messianic hopes were dashed to pieces.

Moreover, you did know, (didn't you?) that the 4th canonical Greek found in ‘John’ quotes language that is QUITE FOREIGN to the other gospels – and this quoted example is fairly typical of the writer’s conscious merging and COMPILING originally separate LOGIA

i.e. 'sayings' that were found elsewhere having been placed into the mouth of the Greek Speaking Iesous in the earlier ('more primitive') Greek gospel material of the Synoptics & later man-handled and kaleidoscoped into a single mis-shapen mass of words in the 4th Greek Gospel which mean nothing close to what the Galilean Aramaic meant originally.

John 5:39 'Go to, and Midrash the Scriptures for yourself - since you believe that you can gain eternal life by so doing: but you will find that those same scriptures speak of the Bar Enasha'

The phrase 'Midrash the Scriptures' is taken from various passages from the 3rd canonical gospel, e.g. the oral stream that underlay the socalled Road to Emmaus Story in the 3rd canonical Gospel ('Luke' whoever he was chapter 24:25-27):

'And he said unto them, You Hard Heartened Racas ! ('stubborn fools') Did you not know that the Messiah had to suffer tribulation (Aram. CEVEDAH) before entering into his glory (Aram. CAVODAH)?

[the Aramaic 'play on words' is COMPLETELY LOST in the Greek translation, by the way in case you did not notice]

And from the Torah though the Prophets, he began to Midrash the scriptures for them ('expounding’) those passages concerning the Bar Enasha ('Son of Man')...

The last part of the ‘quote’ in the Greek ‘And yet you are not willing to come and listen to me, that you might find Life - is an oblique reference to the longer Aramaic Targum to the Scroll of the Book of the Prophet Deutero-Isaiah 55:3 attached to an echo of Jer 29:19

Deutero-Isaiah 55:3 Incline your ear, and come to me and listen: that your soul shall find Life; so that I can make an eternal covenant with you, linked to the secure Chesed of David.

Jermiah 29:19 Thus says YHWH I have persistently spoken to you by my servants the prophets, but you would not come and listen to me ! Therefore you shall become a hissing to the gentiles, and the sword will chase you to the ends of the earth to your utter destruction….’

This ‘not listening’ lingo echoes the kind of words placed into the mouth of another Greek speaking iesous in the socalled Hen ParableLament over Jerusalem found in the 3rd Canoncial Greek Gospel

(O Yerushalayim, Yerushalayim ! You who stone the prophets and shed the blood of those sent to you: How often I would have gathered you under my wings like a hen does her chicks, but you would were not willing to come to me ! Behold I leave your House a Ruin (= ’never to be rebuilt’) !’)

So what were you trying to achieve by your silly Greek cutting and pasting, exactly? Are you insinuating that Jerusalem will be ground to powder…again?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

Hey Sigismundus...

The scriptures are an imperfect means to an end...
...not an end in themselves.

You are merely criticizing the quality of the paper and the scrawled directions...
...but don't seem to realize there is a destination.

You think you know so much yet you don't know the man or His Spirit...
...so you don't know anything...
...if you did you would know the manuscripts are nothing but a sign-post...
...that is only of value to others behind you once you have past it.

You present yourself as an expert on biblical error...
...but no-one who knows the Spirit actually cares...
...because when you are led by the Spirit there is no longer a need for letter or law.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Troubleshooter, so you are led by the spirit? You know how many people I've seen who were led by the spirit and said things that would happen, and were wrong? Apparently, being led by the spirit isn't something that is 100% for sure.

What is a spirit? Is it a tangible or intangible thing? Can it get inside you? If so, how? How do you know it's inside you, and how do you know you are being led by it? Do you have a spirit? If the holy spirit gets inside of you, does that mean you now have two spirits inside you?

If you are led by this holy spirit of the creator of the universe, doesn't that mean you have infinite knowledge at your finger tips at all times? So I could ask you any question and this holy spirit could provide you with the answer? If not, how exactly does this holy spirit work inside you?

Or, could this be used as a cop-out to someone who is intellectually superior to you and has more knowledge than you on the ancient texts, where all you have to say is "you don't have the holy spirit, and I do" and be done with it?

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Hydroman]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
For a brief explanation of 'ISHTAR' see my thread titled " The Easter Conspiracy ".

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Again, I will use the Andy Griffith Show as a metaphor for the views of some here.

Andy's deputy...Barney Fife knows the law back and forth, and notices that the Ladies Union is having a raffle for a fund raiser. By law, it is gambling and he hauls them all in and arrests them. After Andy straightens out the mess, he allows that technically, Barney was right,... however, it is as important, maybe more...that you need to know the spirit of the law more than the law itself.

I find that is what we have here. The Bible is not only important as a PART of history, addresses social and moral issues, and provides consolation in times of need,...it provides examples of how to live... provides examples of how to deal with MAN'S weakness...his/her insecurities...frailties...fears...

God is perfect. Jesus was sent as an example...God in the flesh... so that we could see that Jesus was scared prior to the crucifixian, He was in great turmoil...but He did what He had to do... because He loved us.

When Jesus was on the cross...and asked "My God, My God...why has Thou forsaken me?"...Jesus was quoting the 22nd Psalm...which was from David's time some 700 years earlier and plays out the crucifixian before those that recall the 22ndPsalm.

Your understanding of your father is different now than when you knew him as a child...or a teen...and it will be different as you grow older. Likewise, the stern father figure of Old Testament is different from the loving and merciful father of the New Testament... as the followers grew.

Many here quote all kinds of scripture, but don't have the compassion to understand it's intent nor the will to learn its context. Wether you are a fundementalist, a literalist, liberalist, see only symbolism and nice stories, or don't believe any of it...look at the message...look at the intent.

You will find beautiful stories of love, forgiveness, examples of weakness and betrayal overcome by redemption...

"But what about God's wrath, wiping out jericho, or killing people by the thousands?" Again, look at context...there are consequences for your actions, or study and find out that the inhabitants of Jericho were descendants of Nephillim..Giants...and God saw the evil they had done in Noah's day...and so like then, instead of a flood He sent Joshua to destroy them.

Many of the great leaders in the Bible showed human weakness...doubt... pity... anger... hate. But through God, they changed...or grew more loving and merciful.

We could exchange academics all day, and neither would convince the other was right or wrong. Don't just look at what the Bible says...LOOK at what the Bible says.

Be loving, generous, giving and forgiving, non-judgemental, helpful, supportive, faithful to God and to man, grow, expand your skills and talents, be good stewarts of the earth, love thy neighbor as thy self, be humble, merciful, seek peace, seek not the treasures of this world but of the life yet to come, enjoy the fruits of thy labor, ... whatsoever ye do unto the least of these, thou doest also unto me ( there in lies dark judgement for those that hurt little children).

Peace Be Unto You.....

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by piedsniper

Have posted more stars right here than any other thread I have visited . Feels good to see there are minds here that can see through the fairy tales and outright lies .

Good work guys , you know who you are .

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Troubleshooter, so you are led by the spirit? You know how many people I've seen who were led by the spirit and said things that would happen, and were wrong? Apparently, being led by the spirit isn't something that is 100% for sure.

Being 'led by the Spirit' is not necessarily a relationship that makes predictions...
...and not everyone who says they are led, actually is...
...but a person who is led knows when someone else is.

But this is like trying to expain sight to the congenetally blind...
...unless you are first born of the Spirit you can not 'see'.

What is a spirit? Is it a tangible or intangible thing? Can it get inside you? If so, how? How do you know it's inside you, and how do you know you are being led by it? Do you have a spirit? If the holy spirit gets inside of you, does that mean you now have two spirits inside you?

How do you know you are conscious?
How do you know you love your partner?
How do you know that you like ice-cream?

The Spirit and your spirit are united...
...your mind is not always aware of the unity...
...but you don't become a robot and neither controls the other...
...it is a true relationship in that there is blending of will and purpose.

If you want to know what its like to know the Spirit you need only believe and receive...
...and all it will cost you is yourself (which isn't worth that much anyway)...
...best case your flesh will be dead within fifty years anyway.

If you are led by this holy spirit of the creator of the universe, doesn't that mean you have infinite knowledge at your finger tips at all times? So I could ask you any question and this holy spirit could provide you with the answer? If not, how exactly does this holy spirit work inside you?

I seems to me a little like trying to explain my 32 year marriage, sex and children to a pre-pubescent boy...
...but I will attempt an answer...

The Spirit is the Creator...
...so you do have access to infinite knowledge but also love and wisdom...
...but as I have 'need' of it not as I 'want' it...
...knowledge is over-rated, real-time love and wisdom are far more useful...
...especially when you have teenage daughters...

The Spirit does not want me to answer your questions...
...He want to answer you directly, but there are conditions...
...He wants you to first believe His 'foolishness' revealed in the Gospel...
...and then you will receive the Spirit according to your capacity and growth.

Or, could this be used as a cop-out to someone who is intellectually superior to you and has more knowledge than you on the ancient texts, where all you have to say is "you don't have the holy spirit, and I do" and be done with it?

Maybe it's a cop-out, maybe it's not...
...but you will never know until you are known...
...and there is no way to experiment with the Spirit either...
...there is no consummation without a committment...
...but it is an experiment in a way, where you are the instrument and the consumerables...
...and there is no 'objective' observation...
...it is empirical, subjective and ontological...
...but you will find rest, and that alone is worth it.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Being 'led by the Spirit' is not necessarily a relationship that makes predictions...
...and not everyone who says they are led, actually is...
...but a person who is led knows when someone else is.

But this is like trying to expain sight to the congenetally blind...
...unless you are first born of the Spirit you can not 'see'.

Heh, I was actually a "spirit-filled" christian. I spoke in tongues and had the holy laughter when I didn't even know what it was. I now see that those things can be done when emotionally driven, and you can make those things happen all the while believing that it is the holy spirit.

Now, you say that a person who is led knows when someone else is led. This is funny and wrong. I have seen people be led by the spirit and claim something and people who are also filled with the holy spirit believed the claim and had faith in it and then it turned out to be wrong. So does this mean that none of them were led by the spirit? Some of whom had lived for god for decades?

How do you know you are conscious?
How do you know you love your partner?
How do you know that you like ice-cream?

I know that I am conscious because I can test it from what I understand consciousness to be. I can communicate and interact with other humans and they can do the same back to me and I can interpret their actions and communications in a way that allows us to accomplish certain tasks. Just like I am doing with you right now.

How do I know that I love my partner? Well it depends on how one defines love and if that definition matches the way I feel towards my partner.

How do I know that I like ice cream? Well, I can use my senses to test it to see if my brain interprets this input in a way that is satisfying or dissatisfying.

I guess to sum things up, I rely on the functions of my brain and how it interprets things. If you could remove those parts of my brain that interprets those certain inputs, such as taste, I would not know if I like ice cream.

There is a part of the brain that when stimulated can experience a "spiritual" feeling. If that part of the brain were removed, maybe one would never feel spiritually enlightened...... ?

If you want to know what its like to know the Spirit you need only believe and receive...
...and all it will cost you is yourself (which isn't worth that much anyway)...
...best case your flesh will be dead within fifty years anyway.

Been there and done that. Wouldn't have given over 2 years of my life on the mission field if I didn't believe it.

Originally posted by troubleshootere]
The Spirit does not want me to answer your questions...
...He want to answer you directly, but there are conditions...
...He wants you to first believe His 'foolishness' revealed in the Gospel...
...and then you will receive the Spirit according to your capacity and growth.

He wants to answer me directly? So, when I asked from my heart many times to hear from him, why did he not answer? You do know that supposedly this spirit speaks to your heart, which is deceitful according the bible? So when you say this spirit spoke to your heart, you must realize that your heart is deceitful and that it just might not be the spirit, but your own mind. So, how hard would it be for this spirit to speak verbally?

...but you will find rest, and that alone is worth it.

In what way did you find rest?

[edit on 7-4-2010 by Hydroman]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Double posted.

But anyways Troubleshooter, you said to Sig, "You present yourself as an expert on biblical error...
...but no-one who knows the Spirit actually cares...
...because when you are led by the Spirit there is no longer a need for letter or law."

Don't you understand that without the letter or the law you wouldn't even know anything about this christian god or the holy spirit? Everything you know about him/them comes from the bible. What Sig is doing is showing you how innaccurate the translated texts are, which I assume is what you read in your studies, if you still read it...since you say you don't need it because you have the spirit...if I understood you correctly. Again, all you have is faith, which for some people that is enough...and that is why peoples of all beliefs will die for what they believe even when their beliefs are not based on truth.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Hi t/

Great reply!
I leave here some Scriptures....
"Worship the Lord with reverence and rejoice with trembling" (Ps. 2:11),

"Cursed be the one who does the Lord's work negligently" (Jer. 48:10).
"See that ye refuse not him that speaketh," that is, do not turn away from him that speaks to you (Heb. 12:25).
"Hold that fast which thou hast,
that no man take thy crown (Rev. 3:11).

“the foundation of God standeth sure” (2 Tim. 2.19)
since the Church of Christ is built on an immovable rock....
“the gates of hell shall not prevail against it” (Matt. 16.18).

ICXC NIKA

Originally posted by Alethea
Easter is not based on the resurrection.
It is a bastardization of Passover which was the mass annhiliation of "all firstborn" Egyptians as well as many others who were not firstborn. (collateral damage.)
It has all been sugar coated with chocolate bunnies.

~The Christian concept of death~
Is it necassary for Christ to have suffered a cruel death and Risen to Glory for all of man?
Yes!
Death was defeated!
Since Adam brought on death....Jesus Christ was the ONLY one to conquer Death!

He alone arose from the dead,
but He has destroyed our death,
destroying its dominion,
its despair, its finality.
Christ does not promise us Nirvana or some sort of misty life beyond the grave, but the resurrection of life, a new heaven and a new earth, the joy of the universal resurrection........And this is why the Apostle Paul says, “If Christ is not risen, then your faith is in vain.”
~LINK to the full article~

~~~A Paschal Hymn~~~
O death, where is thy sting?
O hades, where is thy victory?"
Christ is risen, and you are overthrown!
Christ is risen, and the demons are fallen!
Christ is risen, and the angels rejoice!
Christ is risen, and life reigns!
Christ is risen, and not one dead remains in a tomb!
For Christ, being raised from the dead, has become the First-fruits of them that slept.
To him be glory and might unto ages of ages.
Amen
Paschal Homily

(Hades being a place without God....after the fall of Adam and Eve)
Christ destroyed DEATH and united God and man once more!
~book of interest~

Far be it for me to glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Gal. 6:14).

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

Okay...seriously...why are you even here?
I don't mean existentially, I mean here...on this site?
Not that I'm specifically picking on you or anything, I'm so curious...
You're one of those "I love jesus. jesus is perfect. god knows and creates and does everything" people, right?
So...then...technically...according to your belief system (as evidenced by your vigorous bible passage quoting)...there's really no such thing as a conspiracy in the first place because your god is responsible for everything.
All of it.
It's all your god.
There's really no mystery to anything, because the answer will ultimately be...it was god all along.
So, why come to a conspiracy site and quote your bible?
Or are you another "sound and fury" type?

[note: edited for atrocious spelling]

[edit on 4/24/10 by Matthew Dark]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Hi M.A/

Why am I here?
I'm here because I want to be here!
Seriously!
Otherwise I would be elsewhere!
True?

Well, also to point out that the Easter Bunny has nothing to do with the Resurrection of Christ!

So, now that I have answered you seriously,why are you here?

ICXC NIKA
helen

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join