It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From 'rational thinker' to God loving conspiracy nut, in just over a month

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Hello to whomsoever may be out there (even if your Mi6, Mossad or the CIA) I'd just like to introduce myself and let people know why I've eneded up here.

Sometime, I guess around mid November, I was nearing the end of a book on particle physics when I had an epiphany. I suddenly realised that everything that I'd read, heard or seen about physics, was woefully inadequate to describe reality. Probably a week or so later I was completing a payment on a website - and there, at the bottom of of the confirmation screen was a three word phrase (actually made into a question) that I had adopted as a smeans of self-help (I used to suffer a lot of depression and anger issues). I've had the odd hallucination, but this was completely indistinguishable from reality and localised to a tiny area on the screen. In my opinion it was obviously real.

Early in the month of December I started to feel slightly odd, it was a curiously mild physical illness that seemed to have a strange 'other' quality to it. After a few days, I felt that I'd have to take some time off work and after only a few of them, I found that I was waking up with this illness, but it was clearing up on daily basis once I'd 'looked at myself'. I started feeling unconditionally contrite for all my 'sins' and giving unconditional forgiveness for all those who'd sinned against me. I felt this energy starting to connect to me and despite the strange nature of it, I felt protected. I soon asked myself if this was what people refer to as 'God' and thought that it was probably the best description I could give it and therefore decided that I was - while independent of religion - being 'born again'.

At the start of January I was getting used to my new self and feeling pretty good in a way I'd never felt in my life, lying on my bed and listening to a CD entitled 'Moment of truth'. In a rather jovial and self-mocking way I asked myself 'Does this mean I'll get some big truth delivered to me?' and the next thing I knew, I snapped out of a trance like vision that seemed to be suggesting that the theory of evolution was made up. At first I thought 'Oh great! I find God and it turns out He's a liar' and this rocked my newfound faith. It took me about two days to start thinking about it, but then I came to the conclusion that this revelation seemed believable. I decided that not only this was true but, also much of science and history was probably tampered with and was probably a primary weapon of the powers that be in order to effectively tell us how to think.

I remebered a book that hinted at the idea that the Freemasons were maybe 'a little but dodgy' and looked into it; a friend I hadn't seen in a couple of years popped up, we got talking and he ended up lending me Jon Ronson's 'Them'; my Dad mentioned the Rothschilds in a conversation and the word resonated with me, so I looked into it; other people were saying resonant words that were said somewhat out of place; key words would just pop into my head and I'd look into them and connect them to what I'd all ready discovered and I found myself in a bookshop where within a few feet of shelving there were maybe four books that all triggered further investigations. All this seemed to happen within a month or so, it felt like I was being guided by a higher power. So here I am.

Hello again from 'Robert Reynolds'.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Welcome to the awakening of the people Robert.

That has certainly been some month you have had. Dont worry within the next month you will no doubt continue your journey to become an extremist, right wing, religious, wing-nut, terrorist like the rest of us here who question
TPTB

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Welcome home and good to see you made it at last.

Also...welcome to ATS!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Heh.

Yes. That's what happens.

I'd say welcome to the club but you are still exploring if I'm reading you right.

Excessive anger and depression can/is caused by chemical imbalances in the brain.

So is Obamaism.

Reason rules. Once people mature (or get kicked out of their mom's basement), clear thinking emerges. And you become a fiscal conservative.

I don't understand why Fiscal Conservative is such a nasty tag to some. It just means you pay bills on time and are self reliant.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Robert Reynolds

Hi Robert, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive U2U's (messages) to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive U2U's to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms and Conditions

(click to open player in new window)

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

new topics

top topics

join