It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With all apologies to R.E.M.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'll state, it all started with an earthquake, Economy's state, down the drain--Johnny's news videos stopped being made. And the Hudson River plane, a hero's story earned—was Joe Stack considered brave, did the FBI deserve to raid? Politicians fear a brick, gave, trust no, backed no. Militias structure up a fear of a fight, about rights. Letters are signed, for the 50 governors to resign, in a fortnight. Healthcare is coming, it's a sign that it's time. Palin, Hannity and Beck are mainstream, give orders, SO rattled about the McVeigh shock, finds the words insane. I then find. Uh oh, U2U flood control, the website redesign, overdue. It's been awhile. Walt Disney, illuminati pedophile. Then what is next that I read, SO proclaims the TEA Party dead. Without a leader, guides, yeah sounds about right- 'night. They were vitriolic, patriotic, damn right, bright, and had a
light feeling of being psyched.

It's the year two thousand ten as we know it.
It's the year two thousand ten as we know it, in our minds.

11 o'clock- got an hour. Thread was locked over a glower. Dueling threads return, make some stomachs churn. Words are terse, BBQ deserved a verse. You ready? What's a star, got a plan, iPhone app, man. Media section, member accreditation, need some information, site is up, site is down, write a thread, revise a thread, need a flag, bleed a flag, 10,000th post brag. Mods not gods, I fear. A tournament,
a tournament, a tournament of debate, too late. give me solutions, give me alternatives
and I'll decline.

Was this worth it? You decide. At least I learned and rhymed, with topics, and refrained from names, of threads made. I won't sing it, but you might dare, if you care. To share. You find the rhythm doesn't fit. Nothing is tight, Right.

(this site has become a home)

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Those that feel inclined to put it to music and sing it are more than welcome to do so. Good luck, as I still get tongue tied on the original.

Edit to add: Lyric corrections to better fit the original better are indeed more than welcome. As are critiques and criticism per usual.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Ahabstar]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Good stuff.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by KyleOrtonArmy]

join