It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Man From Earth" movie - Hidden religious secrets within the movie?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I have to say, your thread made me watch the movie. Thank you for that!
I never knew about the movie even existing. It is very well done, albeit, low budget. It really made me think as well. I think it's pretty close to the true nature Of JC. Not the beingan immortal caveman, but being able to do those things tibetan and buddhist monks do, slowing down heartrate, blocking pain, (also used in martial arts) etc. It's all very interesting. I love the way it questions the things we know anyway. S&F. Great topic!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Glad you ended up watching the movie and liking it
Also glad you see the religious aspect of the movie the way I did. Like I said, no one knows exactly who Jesus was and what he was capable of doing, it's all about faith to those who believe he was the son of God. And I respect peoples beliefs as I've said, but I also am able to believe on my own that the answers the bible gives are simply not my cup of tea.

Everything you mentioned is everything I believe that is plausible. The techniques you mentioned have been around since "God only knows" when
I'm sure breathing techniques were the first thing to be created, and I'll bet a million bucks it was by accident. The human brain tells you when you need more oxygen by yawning, but it can take it a step further in different situations. I mean the techniques used now in modern times have not changed much, but have been cleared up very much from back in the olden days, and I think people had to discover how to do such things by trial and error - but more simply, it was done inadvertently and from there the concepts we now know of were grasped upon.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I don't really have too terribly much to add, other than I stumbled across this movie one night and put it on as I am a world champion insomniac and figured it would put me to sleep. I ended up watching the whole thing, it was well done for being a low budget flick, and I would recommend it.

BTW If anyone is using NETFLIX this is available on streaming, or was when I saw it, but their streaming movies tend to change sometimes at random. Another one you might want to check out is The Girl From Monday. IMDB Link

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Itachimaru

I just checked it out on netflix... all the reviews are saying the 'stutter' of the movie is ridiculously horrible and makes it very hard to watch. It sounds like an OK movie but I don't need another Blair Witch Project type movie going on... lol. I could probably stand it but... I dunno was the movie really worth a watch because the reviews didn't seem that good at all?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Bear in mind that reviews also take into account streaming bandwidth problems or disc scratches, when I watched it, there wasn't any stutter to it, but I have a good connection and wasn't downloading anything at the time. Is the movie Oscar quality, no, but a decent way to take up an hour or so, imo, yes. I enjoyed it ( for what it was worth ) but ymmv. It wasn't filmed blair witch style at all.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Itachimaru]

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Itachimaru]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I watched this movie a couple of months ago. I'm glad to say that I watched it only out curiosity of the title. It's worth watching. I could almost believe it all of it. The story John Oldman tells has more sense to it than the Bible itself (personal opinion).

I enjoyed it a lot. I was raised catholic but my personal beliefs have always related to agnosticism.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
This movie is my number one top favorite movie of all time!!!!! No, not Star Wars, Harry Potter, or Lord of the Rings. Its this movie with no CGI, and a dialogue plot that really did it for me! Completely original and unique! I have seen it at least twenty times, maybe more I have lost track. It always makes me think. But I am hesitant to show it to others because of the religious stuff, but as you said, it is only a movie!

John tells his story so well, that you couldn't discount it even if you tried to. The religious timeline was done very well, and it pretty much lined up with my own beliefs. I truly like the part where he said that he might have met another immortal like himself, but they both couldn't be sure. he's like the hidden Doctor Who!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join