It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Anatomy Inspired Stonehenge?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Unsubstantiated theory, no better than some we've seen around. This one, however, has nothing to do with feminism, as Arc says, and is notable only because an MD managed to get some circumstantial evidence and publish a paper.

Woo-woo-ism is alive and well in the academic community, alas.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
this guy must have some sort of personal problem to come up with that idea....

...Probably been reading to much material by or about Sigmund Freud...

Originally posted by arcmore of a profession than a personal problem I'd guess...

You said "profession"...I'd more likely have said "obsession"...

Originally posted by arc However if you want to continue down that line, then maybe it represents both gender's reproductive organs - the stones themselves could be seen as somewhat phallic

A distinct possibility...As the predominate form of religion that long ago was based upon nature (possibly mixed with "spiritualism"), it could be seen as the equivalent of the modern Wiccan use of "cups" & "wands".

Originally posted by Tyler When it comes choosing between 1 and 2, mammalian instincts always overpower and she always choose the alpha male with more money and power.

That has more to do with ingrained social expectations than with raw intelligence...How long have women been forced to rely upon the abilities of the male counterpart simply because women were socially treated as inferiors? That was never an issue of intellect or ability as much as it was a matter of gender-jingoism. Basically, it's a gender-based variation of *racism* more than anything else.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Maybe

But in the 21st century the answer is unclear.

Is it men are dumb but womean are dumber or is it the other way around? Honestly i don't know the #ing difference anymore.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
They pretty much all but solved the meaning of stonehenge. Who built it, why it is there, fingers all point to one direction, and it's not vaginas.

The reason people keep seeking for a more "mysitque" answer is because the real answer is far less "grand".

Same reason people keep trying to prove the Pyramids are 10,000 years old, and were built by aliens.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
"Dr. Freud would certainly enjoy this debate, as he appeared obsessed with females and unresolved sexual fantasy and fulfilment."

If I were paranoid, I would have thought you were referring to me.. LOL

This is quite interesting-- although I think Dr. Jung would be a more appropriate consult! He posited that there exists a "collective unconscious" in which our entire history remains as a residue in each of us. Could this researcher be tapping into it?

In terms of the debate- I'd have to find out about this researcher's childhood to tell you if there is a psychodynamic explanation as to why he chose to go into OB/GYN & develop this theory. In psychodynamic language, this man's theory could be representative of a fixation in the phallic stage.

Of course, Freud's view of human nature was *just* a theory. Lets remain rational about this, shall we?

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Long, tall hard rock columns are based on female anatomy?

XAOS

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
MKULTRA, I would enjoy hearing your psychodynamic input regarding this discussion. What would Jung say regarding this?

Although not a psychodynamic practitioner myself, I do teach psychodynamics and the theory that underpins that therapeutic approach. I also do adhere to certain assumptions of Freud�s theories of the unconscious mind & childhood traumas.

I see that your comment says self-actualized. Have you checked the self-actualization page at my website? Nothing that you may not already know, but still nice to know that others here are like-minded.

Cheers,
Deep

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The connection with female anatomy refers to the arches, which some may believe represent a vagina. Also, through the arches come the "light" (dawn) Soltice & Equinox that represents new beginnings. So, the continued life-cycle is facilitated via a females reproductive organ. Life is carried and delivered by the female and produced through her vagina.

Food for thought,
Deep

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join