It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds found Pfizer too big to nail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Feds found Pfizer too big to nail

www.cnn.com

If we prosecute Pfizer ... a lot of the people who work for the company who haven't engaged in criminal activity would get hurt.
--Mike Loucks, federal prosecutor
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This almost sounds like "too big to fail"!

"By April 2005, when Bextra was taken off the market, more than half of its $1.7 billion in profits had come from prescriptions written for uses the FDA had rejected"

Illegality in banking and energy circles and now pharma - and they are allowed to get away with it.

What sort of message does this send to the pharma companies?

Bravo

www.cnn.com

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bravo111

This almost sounds like "too big to fail"!

"By April 2005, when Bextra was taken off the market, more than half of its $1.7 billion in profits had come from prescriptions written for uses the FDA had rejected"

Illegality in banking and energy circles and now pharma - and they are allowed to get away with it.

What sort of message does this send to the pharma companies?

Bravo

www.cnn.com

The message it sends to the pharma companies is that its business as usual...Keep on encouraging doctors to prescribe drugs for "off label" conditions and keep on producing products that in many cases are merely equal to or inferior to placebo and may well have a fair chance of killing people

To not prosecute Pfizer because it was deemed "to big to nail" is obscene...Pharma companies continue to obstruct science in finding cures for many diseases...For pharma companies it is far preferable that diseases and medical conditions remain treatable and not curable...

Pfizer should have been nailed to the wall to the point of bankruptcy...Whatever happened as a result of that are irrelevant to me, and would have been worth it to put the boot well and truly in to one of the worst examples of corporate scum on the planet...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

If we prosecute Pfizer ... a lot of the people who work for the company who haven't engaged in criminal activity would get hurt.
--Mike Loucks, federal prosecutor

What a gutless little terd. Mike Louck, should be tried for obstructing the course of justice.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by acrux]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Big pharma in this posting is just another too big to fail corporation that in my mind is too big to succeed. With no moral compass and with no real accountability from those that intentionally pollute mankind with poisons, we should expect more evidence that our elected officials and even our judicial system is too corrupt to do what is in the best interests of the public.

This is just another example of criminal corruption and corporate influence that undermines the safety of all Americas and others that place their trust in a pharmaceutical company that could care less if it kills millions as long as profits remain where they want them.

If profits are dropping, big pharma wants to be able to bribe elected officials to ensure that big pharma makes huge profits while the public gets hosed with over priced medication that should be looked upon as coming from a pharmaceutical company that wants to provide no accountability and wants to get paid even if the products are crap by bribing elected officials into forcing the public into buying products which we do not need and which are less than the quality that the public should expect.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

"We have to ask whether by excluding the company [from Medicare and Medicaid], are we harming our patients," said Lewis Morris of the Department of Health and Human Services.

What? WTF! No, this is NOT like the banks, it's worse!

Not only did this company not get criminally prosecuted (they prosecuted the shell company that was set up the day they came to the agreement) but they could have, in fact very likely DID KILL people all on the government dime.

Our government officials are COMPLICIT in any "mistakes", intentional or otherwise, this company makes in the future, and should be held accountable.

I only thought I was disgusted at how the banks were handled...

When the criminal case was announced last fall, federal officials touted their prosecution as a model for tough, effective enforcement. "It sends a clear message" to the pharmaceutical industry, said Kevin Perkins, assistant director of the FBI's Criminal Investigative Division.

God, I hate liars sooooo much!!!

[edit on 3/4/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Would you rather it worked out like this?
en.wikipedia.org...

"On April 9, 1947, nine corporations and seven individuals, constituting officers and directors of certain of the corporate defendants, were indicted

The companies were each fined $5,000, and the directors were each fined one dollar."

I'm not trying to be a #### I'm just saying even if they're busted, it still won't matter or help the problem.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by eazyriderl_l]

new topics

top topics

join