It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concerns from blowjoe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Hello, I'm between the lines and I would like to express a few concerns that might cause you to think a bit more about our situation.

First I would like to state I am an American, that until recently identified with the left(mostly because that's what my family voted and I trusted them). During the last election I was turning 20 years old and had started to see the system for what it is.

Broken. The left, nor the right have anything to do with the people.

Now what this has done is caused a lot of people to "wake up" or what ever you want to call it. A lot of these people that have woken up have just started to think for themselves and I do believe its a good thing... However.

A lot of your pre-existing ways of thought are still at work here. You may have woken up to what is going on in your own country and around the world and that you do not like it. However I do believe that you are not aware of the consequences of breaking from the common way of life right now. Now what I am going to say may come off as a bit pro government here but I assure you I am just like you. I do not like what is transpiring around me. However I do see the future threat of what could happen, and is most likely to happen if certain movements have their way.

All of you are focused on making America a better place, through various means, non violent, to violent revolutions. And I am just thinking, What ever you or I do to make America better... There is an outsite element none of you are taking into account.

Everyone but America. Here is this Country that a lot of people see as terrorists of the 3rd world, and even 1st world nations would jump at a chance to kick us while we are down. Anyone who is anyone around here knows about parking our fleet in international waters while we threaten and posture as our negotiation tactics. That's how we get things done currently and this is just the tip of the iceburg.

What I am getting at while everyone here on the home front who is going to be protecting us from our foreign enemies and other outside interests.

What I am trying to get at here is the world isn't some cushy place where we can revolt and retake our country and think everything is dandy. Right now I see America exactly how it should to handle today's problems.

It just seems to me a lot of you think that we are going to revolt, disband all our big bad covert programs and disclose everything and we are going to be a prosperous nation.

No, that is not whats going to happen. The reason why we do business currently the way we do it is because due to the world around us it is the only course of action. Yes I would love for it not to be this way. And yes a lot of you are going to jump on me and say "we need to lead by example".

From everything i have seen and read and just logically thought about we lose ground every time we try to lead by example.

I don't like obama, I don't like the system, but as i stands. We are one of the few at the top of the food chain.... Don't screw it up?

[edit on 3-4-2010 by BetweenTheLine]

join