It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Bishops Quietly Reinstate Accused Priests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

In the wake of its own scandal almost a decade ago, the U.S. church says it has reformed its policies for handling sexual abuse allegations and will remove from ministry every priest who is credibly accused of abuse.

But some of those priests are now being quietly reinstated.

www.npr.org...

The corruption has been exposed. The people have spoken. Nothing has changed. It made no difference.

Will those who dare to speak out against the corruption in the catholic church someday be charged with Pope Abuse? Will victims now face a double jeopardy?

Vatican Priest Likens Abuse Furor to Anti-Semitism

Pope Benedict XVI's personal preacher on Friday likened accusations against the pope and the Catholic church in the sex abuse scandal to "collective violence" suffered by the Jews.

The Rev. Raniero Cantalamessa said in a Good Friday homily with the pope listening in St. Peter's Basilica that a Jewish friend wrote to him to say the accusations remind him of the "more shameful aspects of anti-Semitism."

Quoting from the letter from the Jewish friend, who wasn't identified by Cantalamessa, the preacher said that he was following "with indignation the violent and concentric attacks against the church, the pope and all the faithful of the whole world."

www.npr.org...

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Have people simply become jaded from hearing about these things so much? Are we now in an atmosphere of apathy? Even this thread is moving into obscurity.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I love how I probably couldn't even keep a job at mcdonalds for cussing at a customer but this can happen. Also, Rev. Raniero Cantalamessa can keep putting out all those incredibly ridiculous, out of touch quotes because the more they get out, the more people are going to realize he's insane and run screaming the other way which is what needs to happen.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
It's just a matter of time until those who are exposing the abuse of religions will be called "the anti-christ".

Here is an example of more superstition---blame Satan, not the pope. (April 4)

Noted Italian exorcist Father Gabriele Amorth, commented this week that the recent defamatory reporting on Pope Benedict XVI, especially by the New York Times, was “prompted by the devil.”

Speaking to News Mediaset in Italy, the 85-year-old exorcist noted that the devil is behind “the recent attacks on Pope Benedict XVI regarding some pedophilia cases.”

“There is no doubt about it. Because he is a marvelous Pope and worthy successor to John Paul II, it is clear that the devil wants to ‘grab hold’ of him.”

Father Amorth added that in instances of sexual abuse committed by some members of the clergy, the devil “uses” priests in order to cast blame upon the entire Church: “The devil wants the death of the Church because she is the mother of all the saints.”

www.catholicnewsagency.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads-up on this thread Alethea.

Cantalamessa is nuttier than a fruitcake if you ask me. So is Amorth, actually. Far easier to blame a guy with a tail and horns than to expect child molesters and those who allowed the molestations to happen to take responsibility for their actions I suppose. These are the kind of people who give organized religion a very bad name, and I'm a bit surprised there isn't more of an outcry over their asinine comments.

new topics

top topics

join