It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Moon From?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I guess we could say, the moon to everyone has varying degree of origins.

Kind of makes you think.....

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I highly recommend the book Who Built The Moon. Can't remember the authors offhand. Very compelling with an astonishing conclusion. It will blow your mind.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Collier said it is an artificial satelite from Alpha draconis constalation, brought here 11.000 years ago, Ike will write about this in his new book...who knows what is the truth
)

My question is: Why our Moon is without name!? Every f*****g rock in our universe has its own name, but not the moon?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by slowenia

Every (snip) rock in our universe has its own name, but not the moon?

Luna.

Or, Selene.

Or....try looking in OTHER languages???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here, did you y'all: (Found at "Yahoo Answers", for a start)

in arabic it's ''kamar''
---
mesec- serbian
---
amar (arabic)
luna(spanish)
lune (french)
moon (english)
---
Luna - Spanish
Lua - Portuguese
Lune - French
---
fegari(tone a) or selini(tone first i) in greek
---
mesic (pronounced mye-seets ) in Czech
---

[edit on 8 April 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by slowenia

Collier said it is an artificial satelite from Alpha draconis constalation, brought here 11.000 years ago...

Yeah, and Collier is about as reliable as egg salad left out in the Sun's heat for too long....

(snippet):

"It's all there in the carving. You can see the overall pattern of the lunar features, from features such as Mare Humorun through to Mare Crisium."

Before this discovery, the oldest known map of the Moon was by Leonardo da Vinci, drawn about 1505. The Knowth map is 10-times older.

SOURCE.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Some time ago I was listening to Richard C. Hoagland on Coast-To-Coast AM and he was discussing this very topic.

If my memory serves me right, Hoagland stated that core samples were taken during one of the moon landing Apollo missions. I'm not positive of the exact Apollo mission but it seems like it was Apollo 14 or maybe 16.

Anyway to make a long story short, Hoagland said the core samples indicated that at some time in the past, the moon had been exposed to some kind of corona that our sun cannot produce because it's the wrong kind of star.

Hoagland went on to theorize that our moon had been directed here from some other part of our galaxy, much like we would steer an errant asteroid away from earth's orbit if the need arose. Of course Hoagland has also professed many theories and a lot of evidence regarding ancient structures on the moon.

Just some food for thought. You can learn more from his web site; enterprisemission.com/

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

I wouldn't place too much stock in Hoagland, ordinarily.

He can make all the claims he wants to, but that isn't proof, nor is is science.

Here is a list of all Lunar core samples, they can be studied from the comfort of your monitor screen:

curator.jsc.nasa.gov...

Study of rock and soil samples from the Moon continues to yield useful information about the early history of the Moon, the Earth, and the inner solar system. Recent computer models indicate that the Moon could have been formed from the debris resulting from the Earth being struck a glancing blow by a planetary body about the size of Mars. The chemical composition of the Moon, derived from studies of lunar rocks, is compatible with this theory of the origin of the Moon. We have learned that a crust formed on the Moon 4.4 billion years ago. This crust formation, the intense meteorite bombardment occurring afterward, and subsequent lava outpourings are recorded in the rocks. Radiation spewed out by the Sun since the formation of the Moon's crust, was trapped in the lunar soil as a permanent record of solar activitythroughout this time.

curator.jsc.nasa.gov...

Note, also, these sentences:

The lunar sample laboratory is where pristine lunar samples are prepared for shipment to scientists and educators. Nearly 400 samples are distributed each year for research and teaching projects.

The samples are studied extensively, all over the World, by scientists of many nationalities.

IF there were something unusual, as Hoagland claimed, maybe at least ONE of those scientists would have spoken out, by now?

[edit on 8 April 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Sorry but these are only translations for the word moon in different languages. That is like we would call our Earth just PLANET.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I have been following RCH since the begining of Monuments of Mars, lol.

I have to say very interesting his work. Many of my professors say what interesting entertainment he provides.

I have to say sometimes thinking outside the box yields, just right results.

Also, India's Probe to the moon was named after the god of the moon:

Chandrayaan, or Chandra, or Moon!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by slowenia
reply to post by weedwhacker

Sorry but these are only translations for the word moon in different languages. That is like we would call our Earth just PLANET.

Right. Instead we call it dirt.

(n) earth, ground (the loose soft material that makes up a large part of the land surface) "they dug into the earth outside the church"

[edit on 4/8/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Right. Instead we call it dirt.

rotfl....

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Isn't the Moon just like any other moon in and outside our solar system a satellite ? And the Moon is in fact it's name, just like Io, Ganymede, Europa and so on ?

To think the Moon was not here from the start is also mind boggling to me.
The Moon has to much of an effect on Earth for it to be just an observing visitor.

Leafs me with two options. The current understanding of the origin of the Moon is correct.
Or.
Aliens planted it here about 400 to 360 million years ago. This event stabled Earths axis and caused Earth to be subject to different seasons.

After that life took a giant leap and started evolving in to the everything ( and more ) we have dug up as a fossil and is now alive as we speak.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Leaves me with two options. The current understanding of the origin of the Moon is correct.
Or.
Aliens planted it here about 400 to 360 million years ago. This event stabled Earths axis and caused Earth to be subject to different seasons.

hmmm only if we could go back and see? Heck how about take a look for ourselves now!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Sign me up !

What means of transportation did you have in mind ?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
A question that just popped up in my head a few min before finding this post is, "If the side of the moon that faces us has always done so; how did the craters get there?" The impacts could not have come from earth, so, they either occurred when the moon was in a different position or at a different angle to earth... If it is the later, how did the moon rotate? Someone with more info or research skills should start a thread on that.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by existenz99

Well. The Moon does rotate but against all ods, the size of the Earth and it's rotation along with the size of the Moon and it's rotation their individual speed and the distance in between all just sum up that we can only see one side of it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

The Earth does not cover the Moon's entire sky.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I get that it does rotate, but not relative to us on Earth...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I'm sorry. What do you mean exactly ?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes yes, however...

Moon

For example, the craters in the center appear to be direct impacts (not at an angel) thus leading one to conclude that the object that caused the impact originated form earth or at an angle near to earth. Perhaps too close... close enough to have been pulled into earth... Just random thoughts.

Then again, none of the craters look like they have come from an object coming in at an angle.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by existenz99]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join