It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Moon From?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Ah, nice thread, it's been a while since I saw this subject appear on ATS.
Well, the alien-moon theory. It posits that the moon is alien because:

-We indeed never see the dark side

-The moon has large 'mascons', which give the impression it's hollow.

-There are ofcourse the famous moon-anomalies, reports from buildings on the moon.

-The material the moon is made from is not the same as earth's.

-The moon is older

-I heard once that the moon is suspiciously round, which seems to be strange.

-And there's something about the orbit I forgot...

There are several authors on this subject, like Jim Marrs and Ingo Swann. And there are some very very rare books written about this subject, like:
V.A. Firsoff - Strange world of the moon
W. Brain - Moongate: Suppressed Fingings of the U.S. Space Program
M. Chatelian - Our Ancestors Came from Outer Space

[edit on 3-4-2010 by -Thom-]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

5,300 million years is quite old that is for sure!

There are so many interesting and bizzare associations about the Moon. I hope more of the ATS people like you keep bringing more interesting details to light about our nearest neighbor.

It would be cool if ET came down with schematics and showed me how to build one!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
How in the world is it older than Earth? Was it just free floating through all of space in the right pattern and happened to get caught in our puny orbit before the larger planets around us? This really boggles my mind. As I stated the more I think about it the more it seems like it was actually put there which is quite a revelation when you think about it.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Thom-
Ah, nice thread, it's been a while since I saw this subject appear on ATS.
Well, the alien-moon theory. It posits that the moon is alien because:

-We indeed never see the dark side

-The moon has large 'mascons', which give the impression it's hollow.

-There are ofcourse the famous moon-anomalies, reports from buildings on the moon.

-The material the moon is made from is not the same as earth's.

-The moon is older

-I heard once that the moon is suspiciously round, which seems to be strange.

-And there's something about the orbit I forgot...

There are several authors on this subject, like Jim Marrs and Ingo Swann. And there are some very very rare books written about this subject, like:
V.A. Firsoff - Strange world of the moon
W. Brain - Moongate: Suppressed Fingings of the U.S. Space Program
M. Chatelian - Our Ancestors Came from Outer Space

[edit on 3-4-2010 by -Thom-]

The shear beauty of the moon intrigues me to look at so many sides. Unfortunately we can only see one side of this incredible feature of our lives!

I have to say the moon amazing.

Mascons are very very puzzling features, aren't they!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Could one image that[!] if we as humans find out that earlier in time, [long time ago] that we in fact built and launched this thing to be ever pressing remembrance that we left once we can leave again!

did that make sense?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by theability
reply to post by ventian

Could one image that[!] if we as humans find out that earlier in time, [long time ago] that we in fact built and launched this thing to be ever pressing remembrance that we left once we can leave again!

did that make sense?

The sad thing is that right before my head exploded it made perfect sense. This is truly a paradox.
I can't get enough of these little confused faces. They are a symbol of how i feel right now.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
How in the world is it older than Earth? Was it just free floating through all of space in the right pattern and happened to get caught in our puny orbit before the larger planets around us? This really boggles my mind. As I stated the more I think about it the more it seems like it was actually put there which is quite a revelation when you think about it.

Yeah and that's exactly the conclusion the authors in my post had to draw.
Artificially made, and not by us, obviously. Btw it's called the 'artificial moon theory'.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian

Iam with you on this

Scientists have done computer modeling of an idea if the moon was just passing us by.
Rather than just stop and go into an orbit just held in by our gravitational pull, an object the size of the Moon would have crashed into our wonderful world and we would not be here pushing keys and looking square eyed into our monitors

Enjoy your weekend

Ocker

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

This is truly great. I am sorry to keep reposting but the greatest mystery in the entire universe IMO has been staring back at me for the past 24 years and I am just now figuring it out. Dang public education, not teaching me any better.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

you know that would be one heck of a rear end crash, having a moon smach your side of the earth, could I get my insurance to pay for that?

On another note, you have a point!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Put simply, the 'contradictory' theories/facts you are representing are not really at odds...

Yes, the prevailing theory is that a very large (Mars-sized) asteroid had an angled impact with the PROTO-earth, about 4-5 billion years ago. Then there were two bodies, one a much more massive, if somewhat messed up earth, and the other much smaller mass that would accrete into the Moon. The Moon took away much more energy from the impact and it is postulated that, in part, resulted in the formation of an enveloping magma ocean. Quite different from the earth.

The resulting mineral composition from heavier elements settling at different levels, rates and at different times to the earth's ongoing development, resulted in the quite different composition.

The Moon wiki describes all this pretty well, under Formation, and Internal Structure.

Hope that helps..

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by -Thom-

Artifical moon theory.....

Do you believe the moon is hollow, I am asking, cause in some ways, its seems with the density, non-linear gravity for planetismal body size 0.168 earth gravity compared to the 0.25 that it should be.

These findings make me ask repeatitively, how can it be lacking 67 percent of the mass of a body that size, compared to the gravity felt.

interesting huh....

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

Well what I am having the most difficulty with:

NASA even states that meteroite envolvement is not apart of this Moons evolution.

OK I was taught that the moon is bombarded with meteorites constantly, all the time, for all time. Seems that the NASA preliminary science should say something like:

"Hey ya know this moon, she gets crapped on by meteors all the time"!

Yet they explain it much differently than that, the composition has no similiarities at all.

that really crossed my brain in ways that said, ut oh, something is wrong here!!!!

How can something being pounded by meteorites constantly no have any materials from imapct events?

crazy thoughts huh?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by theability
reply to post by -Thom-

Artifical moon theory.....

Do you believe the moon is hollow, I am asking, cause in some ways, its seems with the density, non-linear gravity for planetismal body size 0.168 earth gravity compared to the 0.25 that it should be.

These findings make me ask repeatitively, how can it be lacking 67 percent of the mass of a body that size, compared to the gravity felt.

interesting huh....

Well I can't really say anything about it except to say that the moon contains mascons. I believe these mascons are often linked to alien life by some authors. For example, this explains the ufo-activity on the moon (e.g. the lunar transient phenomena, or LTP, in the Plato crater), according to their view. The moon, they say, is inhabited by an alien (humanoid) race that lives under the surface, hence the use of the mascons.

I know, it sounds really sci-fi, and people like Phage can most likely perfectly give a rational explanation for the anomalies, but in my opinion you can't fully explain every one of them. The moon remains an intruiging object.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by -Thom-

Well I can't really say anything about it except to say that the moon contains mascons. I believe these mascons are often linked to alien life by some authors. For example, this explains the ufo-activity on the moon (e.g. the lunar transient phenomena, or LTP, in the Plato crater), according to their view. The moon, they say, is inhabited by an alien (humanoid) race that lives under the surface, hence the use of the mascons.

I know, it sounds really sci-fi, and people like Phage can most likely perfectly give a rational explanation for the anomalies, but in my opinion you can't fully explain every one of them. The moon remains an intruiging object.

I agree so much, there is so much that cannot be simply explained away, no matter what anyone says.

Like how coincidental the size of the moons disk to the size of the suns apparent diameter.

The Tidal locked day of the moon, so that we have the forever facing FACE, always staring down upon us, lunar day after lunar day. teh forces of the tides and the effects on Earth living forces and creatures.

Though unsubstantiated I heard that [rumor] the moon showed up one day and the great philosophers of ago wrote about this.

Then there is the Egyptian god THOTH, that came down from the moon, taught humans, math, language, engineering, agriculter, philosophy and day after day would return to the moon.

There is so much more to the moon, than a rock, orbiting earth!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Nah, it's not crazy.

One important thing I forgot to mention - the "rocks-on-moon-older-than-earth" thing is a red-herring. Yes, they *would* be.. Because pretty much all of the earth's surface was relatively recently 'put there'. The Moon doesn't have plate tectonics or other factors that 'recycle' it's surface..

Try this:
pubs.usgs.gov...

Just read the first sentence if you like..

I think the oldest earth rocks found so far are around 4.2 or 4.3 billion years old.

Added
PS - sorry I missed your point about the 'non-meteorite' composition bit. Can you quote in context where you got that? It sounds to me like they were looking specifically at rock formations that were *not* of meteoric origin, in order to determine the original formation process. I don't think they would deny that meteorite deposition has since become a factor on the surface, but I'm happy to look at it...

[edit on 3-4-2010 by CHRLZ]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by theability

Agree, I always say 'the Moon rocks'.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I wonder, all the cultures that have used the moon, in symbology, magic, ritual and harvest, are bound to write off the moon ans simply a rock that broke free of the once forming earth long ago.

I wouldn't enjoy a day of viewing the moon, without the allure, such history has brought to the table all throughout recorded time.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
OHHHH

I have one for all those reading, why is it that the moons mare, is 90 percent on the side facing us, the earth.

interesting that we could, if you look at the Lunar surface in face call it the yin/yang moon because the far side looks nothing like the near side whatsoever!

So, anyone, why the difference in mare [sea] distribution, so unequally across the moon?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by -Thom-

The MOON DOES ROCK!!!!

The moon rules, just like ignignot and ir always said. The MOON RULES!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join