It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Moon From?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I have been looking over the Apollo 11 Preliminary Science Reports:

www.hq.nasa.gov...

Apollo 11 Preliminary Science report SP-214: On Page 11, Conclusions: [the first two are basis for this thread at least to start]

1.) By using a fabric and mineralogy basis, the rocks can be divided into two genetic groups: FINE- and MEDIUM-Grained crystalline rocks of igneous origin and breccias of complex origin.

2.) The crystalline rocks as shown by their modal mineralogy and bulk chemistry are different from terrestrial rocks and meteorites.

Alright, so if those statements are true:

A.) Then the Moon did NOT originate from the Earth losing apart of itself from an IMPACT event.

B.) The Moon is not a trapped asteroid.

What NASA does say: The Moon is of "Complex" non-terrestrial, non-meteorite, composition.

Then where did our Moon Come from then?

[edit on 3-4-2010 by theability]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
no need for words

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

Hey now, its no fun when you read my mind at the begining of what I hoped to be a interesting opinionated debate!

I like the reference, and so fast at that!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by theability

Dear theability

It would seam that the excepted theory at the moment is that the moon was the result of an impact with the earth some 4 billion years ago by a Mars size planet that they call Thera or something like that.

If not you tell us.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Well OP, one thing is for sure: ATS is the place to ask that question if you never want to know the answer.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

WellI don't have the answer, but what I found out in that report is NASA says its not, Terrestrial, or of Meteorite composition.

If that is true then the impact collision theory seems to be nullified, by NASA's own document.

The link to SP-214 is on the original post section.

Prosse through it and tell me what you think of it!

[edit on 3-4-2010 by theability]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

well it sounds like NASA says its ALIEN!!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Man I don't wanna get this started but I have to. I am agnostic, there is a scientific explanation for the moon being there and I am sure of it. But truly, could a higher being have put it there? /runsforthedoor

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

WOW I didn't do this post
I was outside thinking of an answer
while smoking a camel

When I came in my cat Hammy
Jumped off my desk with a grin

great .... the few stars I get isfrom my cats post and not mine

Other then that I
read once it was
Murdock ( sp )
that smashed into Gia
that formed the moon

but I do like Hammys answer

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Aliens made the moon

...after the aliens invaded earth

Actually, i dont know. I thought the moon was a part of earth after a comet/meteor impact.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

AWESOME, a higher power placed it there, I liked that so much !!!!!!! hats off!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I thought so as well, but according to the Apollo 11 preliminary scince report, sure shot my ideas down and said that well, the moon is rather foreign to us!

Interesting for sure!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I just think it's odd how one side of the moon always faces the Earth, we never see the dark side with Earth based telescopes.

Doesn't seem... normal to me. They can say the moon and Earth is in a sync orbit, but some stuff doesn't add up to me.

I recall an article somewhere that the moon is older than anything in our solar system- That would mean it came from some other solar system.

I'm pretty sure the construction of a planet-class spacecraft is a simple matter to some alien civilizations.

Also, I think I recall something about astronauts visiting the moon, they tried to drill into the surface but a couple dozen inches or something into the surface they hit something dense and couldn't drill beyond

Also, something too about the moon seemingly being hollow, like a geode. They did some soundings and from this concluded that the moon was hollow.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
So then did the moon agregate from some other developing mass, or a actual trapped planetoid like pluto?

Seems interesting that after reading that nasa document that you can find people on the internet forming their Dissertations based upon the impact event forming the moon, and here in this 1969 document, nasa and the USGS says, otherwise.....

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by theability

Dear theability

What one has to remember that in all the trips to the moon they only gathered a few KG of moon rock and only from a few places at that.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

I find this to be the most bizzare so far, I agree with your statements that the most improbable, might actually be the answer. The analysis in that document says that the complexity is high it titanium, and water has never been about the crystalline structure ever.

That time machince would sure be great to have, to recind time, the way back machince to finally know the true evolution of our sister Luna, and how she came to be!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Yes yes agree'd not much in terms of seeing the big picture with the amount of surface material collected. But that is what we have to go by.

I still think the chapell Bell Project that is classified has some ringing answers.

but beyond that, the evolution of our sister planet has me ever so intrigued!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
As further reading has me in the preliminary science reports from the rest of the Apollo missions again how can NASA say that the collision theory has a low probability and folks like this don't look at the data NASA has to offer....

www.psi.edu...

I guess the question arises now that, how can these opposing theories even be, if the current data suggests otherwise, yet these folks above still are working on Ph.d's for the impact model of the creation of Luna.

It doesn't seem to fit.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I've recently started considering the possibility that the Moon is a massive craft of some sort...very interesting stuff...I believe it is, and it would make a lot of sense if it was...it's clearly not a chunk of Earth IMO, its make-up differs too far from that of Earth...it also is just the right distance from Earth and just the right size to create a perfect eclipse with the sun...there is also evidence from that ringing, humming, musical sounds were heard by Astronauts when they were on the dark side of the Moon (search "Apollo black box" in YouTube). This suggest to me that the moon is hollow and is in fact an artificial structure which was purposely placed where it is for a reason I have yet to fully determine.

[edit on 3/4/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Hi fellow moonites

Most of the moon rocks collected are much older than rocks found on Earth. The oldest rocks on Earth are 3.7 billion years old, after testing samples the find for lunar rocks were calculated from 4.3 to 5.3 billion years old.

We really have no explanation of how the Moon got there.

The Moon acts like it was put there for a reason ,more than a natural creation, it keeps the planet in a regular spin and keeps us from going off course.

Tides and the life that we take for granted revolve around the lunar phenomena

our planet and the Moon represent a perfect design for ongoing life.

We don't have the answers yet ..! But enjoy the wonderful world the two have created

cheers

Ocker

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join