It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. official says intel suggests Iran plans to ship arms to Taliban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

U.S. official says intel suggests Iran plans to ship arms to Taliban

www.cnn.com

Washington (CNN) -- New U.S. military intelligence suggests Iran plans to smuggle new shipments of weapons into Afghanistan in the coming weeks as part of an increased effort to interfere with coalition operations, a senior U.S. Defense Department official said Friday.
The information came from an "Iranian source" whose tips on past shipments have been verified by the United States, the official said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
First off if anyone else already posted this my apologies, same for if it's the wrong forum, I did a search and was unable to find anything else about this. That said now its time for my opinion YAY

As far as I'm concerned it's common knowledge that the U.S. has been trying to find a reason to attack Iran, what with the bunker busters placed strategically already and the build up of hatred and what not for Iran. This to me seem's to be the final piece or one of the very last ones at least in the jigsaw puzzle. We all know that W.M.D.s were used as an excuse to invade Iraq, now we have Iran shipping arms to the Taliban in Afghanistan which is a much larger war zone than Iraq at the moment. Not to mention the troop build up that's been going on their... It seems like the fuse that was lit a while ago is about to blow. My opinion is that by the end of the year well be in Iran (we referring to America) but does anyone else feel this way? Do you guys think that this is just business as usual or is it an escalation of the past year or so?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Awolscout

"From OP source.

The official declined to be identified because of the sensitive nature of the information. He also declined to offer more details on the identity of the Iranian source. Intelligence gained by talking to people, sometimes referred to as "human intelligence," is always considered sensitive for fear of compromising sources.

In other words, this is complete propaganda. Every time you hear these exact phrases one should immediately hold up a flag and yell propaganda very loudly.

The thing is with propaganda, lies and twisted truths are the key. And always for an agenda. If no person or group of persons is willing to take credit for anything like this coming from the MSM, all logic goes toward complete propaganda for someones benefit.

The reason the USA is In Afghanistan is because the USA wants to control who gets addicted to heroin. That comes from a source that is not qualified to speak to the media.

Caution believing anything from sources claiming not to be identified because they ""do not have the authority to do so"" !!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
jeez the drums of war with Iran are getting louder and louder everyday, why is our country so blood thirsty for an Iranian war, i can tell you this much, it wont be like the Iraqi-Afghanistan wars (which were bad enough), they have a real military force in Iran.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Put up some UAVs with hellfire missiles and bust them just inside the afghan border.

Maybe they will get lucky and blast some Iranian military personal along with the weapons.

Someone is supplying the Taliban because they should have started to run out of weapons a couple years ago.

Stop the weapons and stop the war.
This was the problem we had in vietnam.

If the US had been able to stop the weapons the war would have ended a lot faster.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Awolscout

Hello,
Just jumping in immaturely, sorry.
False Flag Operation screamed in my head, in my ear, light bulb whatever, as I read the thread title.

Now to see how idiotic I am for posting prior to reading...

MSM coverage; check.
Sources remaining anonymous; CIA? check.
Back to read the propaganda.

[edit on (4/2/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I would'nt be surprised if the US are supplying the Taliban with their weapons.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

It's called K A R M A! The US will NEVER learn. The Russians lost becuase we were selling the Mujahadeen weapons. Specifically stinger missiles. And we are pissed off that Iran is supporting the Taliban? LMAO! Haha and the vicious cycle continues. War is a joke! What I can't fathom is why young, brave US kids still decide to go over there and serve their corrupt tyrannical government.........because they sure as hell aren't serving the American people or protecting the Constitution.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
This is great: "The official declined to be identified because of the sensitive nature of the information"

Sensitive nature? since 2007, if not much earlier, US / UK intelligence, or lack thereof, were aware that china is arming the iraqi resistance AND taliban... through iran... that reality will be shortened to: "weapons from iran" to help the DC mafia foment war... of course.

When china flys arms from the factory straight to afghanistan, eh.. US officials, like deputy secretary of state Negroponte call it a "..concern.."..lol. And what aggressive action did the US govt take to protect US troops? "We have tried to discourage the Chinese..".. said Negroponte LMAO!! link here Authorities in Herat found a 10-ton cache of weapons marked with Chinese, Russian, and Persian

When iran gets accused of arming the taliban, it's another reason for war.

Isn't it nice the GOP/DNC elite are enabling robust profits for the folks who sell weapons that kill freedom fighting americans? Profits that YOU or your kids, or their kids will end up paying for.. the whole war thing is a giant scam.. the elite get richer, even in china!..

johnib.wordpress.com...

"China arming terrorists
Inside the Ring By Bill Gertz The Washington Times June 15, 2007
New intelligence reveals China is covertly supplying large quantities of small arms and weapons to insurgents in Iraq and the Taliban militia in Afghanistan, through Iran. U.S. government appeals to China to check some of the arms shipments in advance were met with stonewalling by Beijing,"

"Some arms were sent by aircraft directly from Chinese factories to Afghanistan"

news.bbc.co.uk...
Taleban 'getting Chinese arms'

Britain has privately complained to Beijing that Chinese-made weapons are being used by the Taleban to attack British troops in Afghanistan.

The BBC has been told that on several occasions Chinese arms have been recovered after attacks on British and American troops by Afghan insurgents.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Put up some UAVs with hellfire missiles and bust them just inside the afghan border.

Maybe they will get lucky and blast some Iranian military personal along with the weapons.

Someone is supplying the Taliban because they should have started to run out of weapons a couple years ago.

Stop the weapons and stop the war.
This was the problem we had in vietnam.

If the US had been able to stop the weapons the war would have ended a lot faster.

Alot of people hate America, it is not the weapons, it is the will power.. People have the will to fight the US and Western ..

It is not like the resistance fighters are using missiles or something to run out of lol.. Get real, the weapons you are talking about is home made, they will never run out of.. And hand guns, kalashnikov, etc. These weapons are well available and very cheap in Afghanistan, everyone has one at least.

The bombs are usually home made.

Once again, it is the will power, not the weapons, if it was the weapons the resistance would have already lost.. Don't forget America has the strongest military force in the world, and the most modern.. Russia did too, and look at them pussies now..

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Well gee mr. Government man you may have your reason to go to war with Iran then. I favour sending those who WANT the war and those who'd PROFIT from it to the front lines and then who come back as a cowardly custard?.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Claims of WMD, check
Claims supporting Terrorists, check

Sounds like Iran needs a little shock and awe. It's about ime for America to roll out and test it's updated hardware.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Hi Guys n gals

Jeeze this is so timed just after Obama has sipped his Chinese tea shook hands with Hu Jintao made out the Chinese waved good by and bowed to Ismarika s agenda

The MSM has been given this so timely and tell me how in the hell are they going to do this .(get the weapons out remember the sanctions)

And don't they need all the weapons they have for themselves,come one... Israel develops some of the most advanced weaponry known to man kind.

With the problem in Gaza and the bombarding of necessity factories in Palestine by Israeli forces I am sure what ever weapons they have they will keep for any pending war.

I am sure the Taliban can find there own sticks and stones to throw at enemies

LOL

Ocker

top topics

join