It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

241,200 Years of Kings

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The Biblical flood is a heavily debated occurrence, yet almost each and every ancient culture speaks of a Great Deluge which 'cleansed' the world of its evils and its sinners. The case is no different with the people of Sumer, and recorded on their King List are the names of 8 legendary kings who ruled the lands before the flood swept over. For most people, the recounts of Noah are seen as completely imaginary due to the simple fact that no one could live for more than a couple of hundred years, let alone close to a thousand. Yet we have so many recounts of this that, instead of being viewed as something extraordinary, it has become ordinary and ignored. From China and their 'dragon' lords, to the Middle East and their pre-deluvian kings, there emerges an odd commonality, why was old age so common before the flood and why were these ages recorded so precisely?

Kingship of the Gods

Alulim: Ruled for 28, 800 years.

Alalngar: Ruled for 36, 000 years.

En-men-lu-ana: Ruled for 43, 200 years.

En-men-gal-ana: Ruled for 28, 800 years.

Dumuzid: Ruled for 36, 000 years.

En-sipad-zid-ana: Ruled for 28, 800 years.

En-men-dur-ana: Ruled for 21, 000 years.

Ubara Tutu: Ruled for 18, 600 years.

ADDING UP TO 241,200 YEARS.

How is this possible? You could imply that the base 60 system was in use here, hence dividing the amount of years in each kinship, we are still left with an average of 500-600 ruling years per king, once again, how is this possible?

The list above only includes the Kings who ruled prior to the flood, the extraordinary amount of years that each king rules still continues but is reduced from the tens of thousands to the thousands.

I know its been brought up before, just thought it would be interesting to re-invite some conversation specifically on the pre-deluvian kings.

etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk...#

[edit on 2/4/2010 by serbsta]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The king lists are so fascinating, one of the coolest parts of doing my degree.

The thing that struck me the most, is that it is very definitely indicative of a difference between pre-diluvian and post-diluvian kings, the difference between when the gods held the kingship and when it was passed down to man.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Maybe we were a more advanced race back then(before the flood). Maybe they perfected state-run universal healthcare?

Another part of this story should be about the evidence of Sumerians colonizing South America and importing crops and such from there. Maybe back in the age when the kings ruled they built the city of teotihuacan? There was a thread on here not too long ago about hidden artifacts that led me to believe at one point in the past we did have a global society. I encourage you to look it up, it may help you out.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

How is this possible? You could imply that the base 60 system was in use here, hence dividing the amount of years in each kinship, we are still left with an average of 500-600 ruling years per king, once again, how is this possible?

It's actually easy- look at the various religions who have a 'child god'- They take up the name and title of the 'god'. Can be the same with rulers- Someone is trained and raised up to be NOTHING but (for example) "En-men-lu-ana". How they started this, no one may know. But it's just a line of successors who lose their own identity and take on the 'name' and the identity.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

The argument you made is valid and makes sense. It reminds me of the Persian immortals who I believe did the same thing. However what about in the bible and other texts where it clearly refers to individuals who lived for 500+ years? I know religious texts shouldn't be regarded as 100% fact but stories have to come from somewhere, and lots of brief phrases in the bible have been proven true. An example is the claim of 'giants' AKA nephilim living back then. Recently we have found bones of humans that were 8-9 feet tall. These were not just cases of disorders because there were mass graves of people all the same height.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by time91]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This is a great subject and is a hard one to explain. Were the sumerians making it all up? Were they exaggerating? Are these the Gods that helped humans advance?

Great thread and so many questions that will probably never be answered..

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

I heard those graves of giants were proved to be hoaxes
Not sure if thats true though.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

Still- Even if they did live that long- to have a rule that goes for 10's of thousands of years... It'd still have to be like I theorized.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

I'm sure some of them are. However, we have to look at what started first. Did the hoaxes follow real discoveries? I don't know. But an awful lot of claims have been made of finding giant bones. I'll link a site detailing about 20 of them and sourcing them.
link
But there is also evidence that we had a global society until a certian time over 12,000 years ago. That seems to relate to the 'tower of babel' story.
I don't know, honestly.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Yeah I agree with you on that. However ATS has no agree button, and I have no legit second line but I needed to write that...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I was talking to a friend briefly about the tower of Babel tonight and i was wondering maybe the continents were set apart to really force people to not communicate with each other.

Maybe we were living in Pangaea and the continents were split sometime not too long ago?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Theory makes sense, but it still doesn't explain how we can have 30,000 years of rule from a single King, whether or not it was more than one person simply continuing the original King's existence, so to speak. I don't think the only oddity here is the fact that one kingship may have ruled for 30,000 years but that once added up, we get numbers which highly contradict current theory in terms of accepted human development.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I blame food preferences and pollution: specifically increased fluoride, decreased seafood intake with iodine and mercury pollution, lack of sulfur.

People are supposed to be eating insects. The scarab beetle as a symbol has been misinterpreted with new age crap. You're supposed to eat them! Beetles and locusts and other insects contain trehalose, a naturally occuring inducer of autophagy that actually relieves the cause (lack of autophagy of misfolded proteins) of the following diseases: Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, Huntington's Disease, ALS and prion diseases like vCJD and mad cow.

Fluoride inhibits new protein synthesis. Lack of trehalose inhibits the macrophages from eating existing misfolded proteins. Go forth and eat bugs to your heart's content my friends, hopefully raised without insecticides to pollute you while you're trying to get healthy.

Small molecule enhancers of autophagy for neurodegenerative diseases.
Mol Biosyst. 2008 Sep;4(9):895-901. Epub 2008 Jul 4.

Trehalose, a novel mTOR-independent autophagy enhancer, accelerates the clearance of mutant huntingtin and alpha-synuclein.
J Biol Chem. 2007 Feb 23;282(8):5641-52. Epub 2006 Dec 20.

Trehalose, a disaccharide present in many non-mammalian species, protects cells against various environmental stresses. Whereas some of the protective effects may be explained by its chemical chaperone properties, its actions are largely unknown. Here we report a novel function of trehalose as an mTOR-independent autophagy activator. Trehalose-induced autophagy enhanced the clearance of autophagy substrates like mutant huntingtin and the A30P and A53T mutants of alpha-synuclein, associated with Huntington disease (HD) and Parkinson disease (PD), respectively. Furthermore, trehalose and mTOR inhibition by rapamycin together exerted an additive effect on the clearance of these aggregate-prone proteins because of increased autophagic activity. By inducing autophagy, we showed that trehalose also protects cells against subsequent pro-apoptotic insults via the mitochondrial pathway. The dual protective properties of trehalose (as an inducer of autophagy and chemical chaperone) and the combinatorial strategy with rapamycin may be relevant to the treatment of HD and related diseases, where the mutant proteins are autophagy substrates.

I like how the above paper's title refers to trehalose as "novel" then goes on to say it was in several "non-mammalian species". It's so cryptic.

And with trehalose at only $5 a pound, ask yourself if pharmaceutical companies would lift a finger to tell you how to be healthy you could be with less medicine.

You've all got misfolded proteins and fumbling ribosomes trying to keep it together, and if you're not getting enough sulfur and iodine, the fluoride in you is going to continue to accumulate in your pineal until your melatonin production drips to a halt, which is why older folks accumulating fluoride start to sleep fewer hours per night. It's not good, or normal, or something not to be worried about, it's a sign of fluoride accumulation and pineal damage inflicted upon you by a nation that treats its peoples water supplies like sick lab-rat drip bottles. Oh wait, lab-rats are given fluoride free water.
Otherwise it would skew the results.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by elusive1]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

It's actually easy- look at the various religions who have a 'child god'- They take up the name and title of the 'god'. Can be the same with rulers- Someone is trained and raised up to be NOTHING but (for example) "En-men-lu-ana". How they started this, no one may know. But it's just a line of successors who lose their own identity and take on the 'name' and the identity.

Keeping to what Kat has laid down, as most sensible. Adam lived to be
969 yrs of age. Noah the bible says lived the longest I think it was
982. Anyway The line of successive regeneration to the Kingship I guess you could say? So with the 1000 yr stretch of Life span, connected to the
Alulim kingship could actually be of say, 28 to 30 successors. So on. Which seems to put things in the realm of possibility at least. I think it was
Josephus that recorded also that men used to live longer lives. So there are proofs of this out there.

28 to 30

43 to 45

36 to 38

26 to 30 and so on.....

This is how I make sense of a few things I believe. God in the beginning
did not create man so he would have to die. Life span degenerated to 120 yrs tops which is also in the Bible. We had Imortality and lost it
through sin. Sin entered the world through us and the world was changed.
Man became mortal because the wages of sin is death. It is a law of the
universe that we were warned about.
Thus this world is not what God intended. Sorry I get carried away.
Bitchen thread OP. SnF

[edit on 2-4-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by elusive1

I suppose that's one way of looking at it... but surely the process would've happened over time, the years in the OP don't really reflect a systematic reduction.

reply to post by randyvs

I can see what you're saying, but then again, if you're to take the account of Noah as factual, it really does have to be pushed back not only by a thousand but by possibly tens of thousands of years. Once again then, the Old Testament would contradict itself. Interesting subject.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Four Legged Insects and The Bible

Old Testament and Quran both agree Insects have four legs.

That the bible lists insects as having 4 legs in both the Quran and the Old Testament. Why is four legs listed? Obvious Mistake? Has the Author even seen an insect before?

Or Something else. Could there have been an insect evolution? I doubt it. Or is this error that remains in the Bible, part of something larger? Could the authors of these holy texts have placed both errors near one of the most important parts as a real "test of faith". If you disagreed with the weird locust eating section because of an obvious error in the book, would the authors have wanted those without faith to be granted the longevity and health they knew the knowledge would convey?

I think it's THE way of looking at it.

As a child I put on my christmas list a "gummy insect candy" making toy. Intended as a "gross out your friends" toy, in retrospect, it was a lifespan reducing toy. Better would be an edible insects guide or a small beetle farm.

Edible insects as minilivestock

Many species of insects (probably 1000 or more) have served as traditional foods among indigenous peoples, especially in warmer climes, and the insects have played an important role in the history of human nutrition. As part of the hunter-gatherer style of life, the main criteria for selection of these traditional species appears to be medium-to-large size and easy availability, i.e., abundance, as noted by Dufour and others. Thus it is not surprising that many insects considered as crop pests in modern agriculture have served as important food sources. Locusts and grasshoppers, which often occur in swarms, are good examples, and these insects have been included in the diets of almost every culture with any history of food-insect use.

We stopped eating insects out of lack of faith, and cultured disgust of eating insects, or out of reverence/superstition/hate/fear of disease and eventually lack of availability due to insecticides and modern agricultural practices, people started dying of "old age".

If you prefer a modern analogy it is not unlike on Nintendo's Zelda III: A Link to the Past, when Link borrows the Bug Catching Net from the sick bed-ridden bug catching boy from Kakariko Village in order to go catch and release fairies who will resurrect you when you succumb to "those under Ganon's Spell" having zero hearts of life left.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by elusive1]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I think a better question to ask is, "Why do you think the Sumerians never lied about anything?" followed by "Who the hell is translating this stuff, anyway?"

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by elusive1

Or it could just be a translation error; English doesn't have a colliquialism like "to go on all six." "To go on all fours" basically means travel in anything other than a bipedal manner. Snails "go on all fours," according to the english language.

The original probably says something like "goes about on the ground"

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

It's been posed, no one said any of this has to be factual, entirely or partially. The translations come from the University of Oxford by the way, you would know that if you checked out the link I sourced.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Can all this be simply mythology and nothing more? Or, since it appears in some ancient text it is automatically considered "fact" and we just try to find a way to explain how could this be?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join