It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop fighting with trolls! You are aiding in the derailment of a thread!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

Hi, 12Gauge. I agree that we need to counter disinfo & challenging these people is totally acceptable IMO. I'm speaking about those who post to a thread with a view that is so off base that it can only be determined that they are only giving their "opinion" to tick people off. I'm sure you know what I'm speaking of because I've seen you on the recent threads that I'm referring to. Not that I'm calling you a troll because I know you're not. I'm speaking of those who downplay the oil spill as though someone poured a can of Coke into a bathtub. I'm also talking about those who speak about animals getting shot as though someone set a Barbie doll on fire. These types of trolls are only posting to anger people. It's as if they are gaining energy by causing turmoil. It appears to me as though they are achieving a rush, which can be compared to the same reason a person rides rollercoasters. Yeah, it's fun for a short time & you want to get back on again, but these types of trolls want to hijack the ride's controls so it won't stop to let anyone off until they're all
. It's almost as if they aren't happy until someone's poncho gets caught between the coaster's wheels & the track thus forcing the thread to get stuck upside down. These types of trolls are the most dangerous in my opinion. It's difficult to ignore them, but we need to play Spot the Troll & hit the ignore button.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
"Don't feed the trolls!" should be a big flashing banner on most every internet forum. It's important to remember that a troll will deny until their last breath that they are a troll.

But trolls have one weakness. Attention is their food and they are ALWAYS hungry for more of it. If you do not feed them they will just bluster a bit and then go away.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

I love it! Would be a great poster to have on my wall
!!

One troll trait they also have is answering a question with a question.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
partisan hacks are one-sided losers. They think their party is the perfect party and they do no harm. I am independent and tired of the BS. i wish people would realize it is just a waste of time fighting each other.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join