It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread Re-Vamping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
OK, again i have cricketts in a thread that I spent decent amount of time on. Now I have a question or four.

1.) Can I change the title of the thread

2.) change the nature of the body, and discard material not needed

3.) pretty much can I redo the thread, not creating a new one but, to get a response, is that valid?

the puzzled one....

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I guess a redirect wouldn't be out of bounds.....

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm not sure what you are actually asking about, but you can change everything about the thread under edit button.

However, this site has a horrible feature that limits editing time, I think within 48 hours?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Sounds like you are asking about bumping your own thread. If that is the case, I don't ever recall a harmless bump getting anyone in trouble as the post may have zipped off the recent post list if any type of "buzz" is going on which there has been of late.

Just don't bump based on a couple hours, or minutes as I have actually observed.

I think I did find the thread you are talking about and think you did great job. I made response so the thread should be back in recent posts area.

[edit on 4/2/2010 by Kellter]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Actually if bumping is the case, it would be better to ask a super mod or mod of that forum to bump your thread instead.

Some see bumping a spam, or one liner replies.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The best bump would be to ad new or extra information ; )

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

new or interesting info, I wonder how that would add to the thread if no one has visted, yet now someone has!!!

I hate cricket threads...;(

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

If you give me the link for your thread, I'll take a look.

Edit.
I've also got a few virgin threads. Never been used before.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I would appreciated that the link is here....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

thank you!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Now obviosuly titles are what would matter, was this title of this thread a bit cheesy?

Should I have used the thread title, "Amazing APOLLO 17 Image"?????

I guess I should approach my Threads as what the reader would want and how fast they look for info.....

what a learning lesson.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I was going to bring the title up.
I've seen it come by. Unfortunately there are so many threads I scan the titles for anything interesting. Yours ( Taurus Littrow: A place that can [in] spire? ) It didn't make sense to me so I skipped it.

Edit.
What you do with it is based on tne tupe of pablic you like to get a respons from.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Awesome, here i am thinking I am being ignored because I smell badly or something, and all it was, my TITLE for the thread had people just scanning over it!

sheesh, Can anyone say Noob, rookie!

I wanted to try writing about the find.....hmmm
I learn something new all the time!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Don't push it tho. Keep it simple and to the point.
When the expectation from the title is to high they will come to cause mayhem.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I like to philosophize about my findings of things. With the title I chose, no matter what way i looked at that image, it inspired me.

I guess it can be difficult to have appeal and info all in one heading!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I've got the very same problem. I find it difficult to express myself in an understandable way. Or. The ones replying to my posts are dumbasses.

I don't know.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I have this very problem happening as we speak about a post of mine, which the event occurs tongiht and tomorrow night. I got to thinking I didn't put the dates in the title and maybe someone interested in that type of thing may have overlooked it; thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I saw that I can not update the thread and with it getting little response the right time, I didn't want to run the risk of bumping and or Hey stupid, no one like it the first time so..... lol

Anyway, I wrote to Mod seagull this mornin-awaiting word. Ill let you know how it goes. I post this just in case another Mod sees it and can assist (in case seagull doesn't get the U2U).

PS: I also said it was cool to disable the S&F's as I don't care about that I wanted to make sure people were aware. I am looking forward to hit.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It has been frustrating to have threads that I really polace some effort forth(??) and don't get a reponse.

Kinda hurts man.....sniffles....

hehe I am kidding, anyway, cricket threads are such bummers!

may we all work togther to have replies in all threads, yeah right! I'd like to try though!

top topics

join