It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Cal stores that sell lasers, laser pens, etc. Help me find one.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I am trying to find a good place to buy laser pens, purple and green in particular, in southern California. I have read many stories about people not getting the proper strength laser they ordered from websites so I want to try finding a store. If anyone can help please do or if anyone knows a website I won't have to worry about this at please let me know.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Do a google search.

One of these mentions Fry's

www.google.com...

[edit on 2-4-2010 by berkeleygal]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I reckon you got a damned Wal*Mart down your way. I recently bought a laser pointer from there. Educational stores might have some. With all of these damned teachers whipping laser pens out to point stuff out with those these days. I was gonna add something else but I reckon I forgot.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
If you really want to go to a store, check the yellow pages for large office supply stores. Call first before making a trip to see if they have what you want. You may still make the trip and find the product unsatisfactory.

Personally, I would stick to the internet. Go with a reputable store. I would imagine lasers are rated in some way, perhaps in watts, to indicate strength. A laser for a gunsight would be more powerful, and more expensive. It would also probably be red.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You'll make the terrorist watch lists.

Lasers have been used to distract commercial airline pilots in the past.

Big bro is watching you now.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
First with anything for sale over the internet check that there site shows.

A business address.(not a p.o.box)
A name of the owner.
And that they are in your country.(and there web site is hosted in your country not china).

Then you have legal protections on the product
Other wise you most likely are dealing with some one in someplace like china.
And you never know if you are getting what you pay for or if you will get anything.
They may even be a fake company set up to get your credit card information

Laser Innovations; 1150 E. Main Street; Santa Paula, CA 93060
Ph (805) 933-0015 Fax (805) 933-0042

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Wicked Lasers

Those guys are pretty sweet. Never had an issue and I have ordered several of the big boys from them.

Or, you could build your own:
The book series "Electronic Gadgets For The Evil Genius" are pretty good books. Just google the book name. I purchased 3 of them while I was in Iraq from Amazon and then downloaded a few more through torrents.

Depending on where in So-Cal you are, you could try Fry's. When I was stationed in Oceanside, I used to frequent the Fry's in San Marcos. My wife would get mad because I would go for something simple and come home with hundreds of dollars worth of stuff.

I would suggest building one yourself. That way you know what you are getting for sure. The Evil Genius books will point you to a website where you can purchase all the necessary items to build. They even have kits with everything included and all you have to do is assemble. I can't remember the site right now and my books are still in storage for the time being.

Have fun and be careful. You are making me want to dig out the laser pointer I modded to burn stuff.

-Nate

**I almost forgot my most favourite website.
Hack N Mod
There is a store in there as well with some laser products but they are fairly low power. Then again, I am not sure what you want to do with it, soooooooooooo what is it that you are trying to do with this laser you wish to procure.

If you know any military guys, you might try to get one of the green dazzlers we used to use at checkpoints and crap. They have been since decommissioned so that be a little difficult to get unless you have some friends in the right places.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Acid_Burn2009]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I already own a green 5mW laser from Radio Shack. I suppose I should have stated that and then asked if there were a store who sold ultraviolet lasers and whatever the blue ones are. I checked out fry's and the supply is very limited. Wickedlasers.com was something I already looked at and considered over evrything else.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Hi Seangkt,

I bought a green laser from Wickedlasers.com a few years ago and I still use it...I have to say I would highly recommend them as well. I love my green laser its fun and everybody I show it to loves it. As far as I know, they're the only ones you can buy the more powerful lasers from. I think you have to look at your state or local laws and see if the mW of the laser you want is even legal, if not then you wont find a store in your state that will sell you one. Wickedlasers.com is based out of Shanghai. When I got my upgraded green, it came in a little wooden box but the customs slip said it was a ball point pen, lol, I still got it though! Good luck!

top topics

join