It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold Rush 21 (Documentary)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

Ah, okay... thanks for the insight

Definitely a tense situation you are describing, and it very well should be with the whole world economic system at stake...

I only hope that the people close to me will be receptive to this information when I decide it is the point of no return, and it is my ethical duty to alert them to it...

But many times that is a delusional fantasy.

Always look on the bright side, I guess.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Hi I just found this in my mail ..I dont know how accurate it is but thought I would pass it along ...peace

Fed Will Purchase Almost $3 Trillion In Treasurys And Set The Stage For The Monetary Endgame

[snip] Recently the debate over when QE2 will occur has taken a back seat over the question of what the implications of the Fed's latest intervention in monetary policy will be, as it is now certain that Bernanke will attempt a fresh round of monetary stimulus to prevent the recent deceleration in the economy from transforming into outright deflation. Whether or not the Fed will decide to engage in QE2 on its November 3 meeting, or as others have suggested December 14, and maybe even as far out as January 25, the actual event is now a certainty. And while many have discussed this topic in big picture terms, most notably David Tepper, who on Friday stated that no matter what, stocks will benefit from QE2, few if any have actually considered what the impact of QE2 will be on the Fed's balance sheet, and how the change in composition in Fed assets will impact all marketable asset classes. We have conducted a rough analysis on how QE2 will reshape the Fed's balance sheet. We were stunned to realize that over the next 6 months the Fed may be the net buyer of nearly $3 trillion in Treasurys, an action which will likely set off a chain of events which could result in rates dropping all the way to zero, stocks surging, and gold (and other precious metals) going from current price levels to well in the 5 digit range

[snip]
Offerless Bonds?

One of the main problems facing the Fed in indirectly monetizing US Treasurys (keep in mind the proper definition of monetization is the Fed buying bonds directly from the Treasury, as opposed to using Primary Dealer middlemen, which is how it operates currently), is that there simply are not enough bonds in circulation to be bid, under its current regime of operation! Readers will recall that as part of existing SOMA guidelines, the Fed is limited to holding at most 35% of any specific marketable CUSIP. Furthermore, applying the SOMA limit to the $2 trillion in upcoming next twelve month issuance, means that in the interplay of the prepayment feedback loop coupled with collapsing rates, the Fed will need to either change the cap on the SOMA 35% limit, or the Treasury will need to issue far more debt to keep up with the sudden expansion in the Fed's outright, and not just marginal, capacity for incremental debt. Priya Misra summarizes this conundrum facing the Fed best: source www.holocaustmuseum.org.uk...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

So this confuses me... because I was under the impression that 'they' can't keep gold from going up because that is its natural tendency after they are unable to suppress it anymore. They have been trying to suppress it...right?

So what Keiser says here seems to be the total opposite.

I mean I know 'they' are manipulating it up and down to benefit their short calls... maybe that is the context of what he is trying to say.

But several of the sources on this thread, mainly GATA and ZeroHedge, have been maintaining that the price of gold should be much higher.

Anyone?

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hi beebs ...Like you max's latest set me back a bit ..There seems to be no shortage of confusion in the money gold market's ..I found this article and thought I would share ..
"It is interesting to watch Wall Street defy reality. This is a scene we’ve observed since the early 1960s, the effect of debt on the economy and the nation and in turn on its currency. The result of the profligacy over all those years is the biggest bull market in history in gold and silver. As we write gold is toying with $1,300 and silver with $21.50. Each day a new high is reached in spite of a pending options expiration and the perpetual market rigging and manipulation by the US government.

One of the things that astound us is that few professionals have seen this coming over the past 10-1/2 years, and even those that do believe do not think this is an earth-shaking event. What we are about to experience is an event that only occurs every 300 to 500 years. All we can imagine is that they have a very limited perspective of history and particularly economic and financial history." www.globalresearch.ca...
peace

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Hi beebs. Using the 1980's Savings & Loan crisis as a backdrop, around 0.56 Max asks the question: How many bankers have gone to jail as a result of this crisis ? NADA! That's why Gold is going so high my friends."

I think he's inferring that the loss of public confidence in our captured regulatory commissions, our corrupted monetary authorities, and our failing [fiat] financial system, is responsible for the burgeoning safe haven demand in precious metals.

Honest money with zero counterparty risk.

At first blush, that's my impression anyway.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I believe that someone in the government is planing to crash the gold market.

They are letting the gold market get so out of control that when it crashes people will lose everything.

But they will not be hurt.

Its one massive market manipulation scheme to make gold worthless forever as no one will ever trust the gold markets again.

Think how china will be hurting if gold is cheap like copper.
Think of all the investments that China has made backed with there gold holdings if the gold becomes worthless there money becomes worthless.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Thanks for that clip, indeed the world markets are coming upon a sort of 'ultimatum' very soon it appears... IMO this corporate oligarchical fascism we call free market capitalism will be replaced... whether we will get a say in the replacement depends largely on whether martial law is implemented or not... at least thats the way I see it right now. Europe is on the edge as well.

reply to post by OBE1

I think he's inferring that the loss of public confidence in our captured regulatory commissions, our corrupted monetary authorities, and our failing [fiat] financial system, is responsible for the burgeoning safe haven demand in precious metals.

Yes I think you are right after watching it again.
The whole show should be up on youtube sometime tuesday.

reply to post by ANNED

Its one massive market manipulation scheme to make gold worthless forever as no one will ever trust the gold markets again.

Think how china will be hurting if gold is cheap like copper.
Think of all the investments that China has made backed with there gold holdings if the gold becomes worthless there money becomes worthless.

It is an interesting hypothesis... and would explain 'their' behavior in running things into the dirt. But I'm not sure that they would survive such a fiasco - because 'they' are already being called out on many fronts. If they tried to do something stupid like that most countries would just go to war, wouldn't they? I mean they have been pushed to this point already.

And also, what would it require to crash the gold market? Wouldn't the only way to do that be to synthesize gold in a lab cheaply?
edit on 5-10-2010 by beebs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Found an older video with Ron Paul explaining the whole fiasco:

Some recent threads:

GOLD UP $25 in 12 hours... What is something happening?

Super-Rich Investors Buy Gold by Ton

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Things picking up a bit...

Will you now buy gold?

Also, saw you posted this in that thread the2ofusr1, and I thought I would add it its pretty good:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
And Gold and Silver will continue to rise...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This guy is super excited about the precious metals situation haha:

From Max Keisers blog/website:
maxkeiser.com

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This is a audio clip that is worth listening to .....peace
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Why Germany Has It So Good -- and Why America Is Going Down the Drain

Germans have six weeks of federally mandated vacation, free university tuition, and nursing care. Why the US pales in comparison.

By Terrence McNally

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Foreclosuregate - Originated from Rampant "Control Fraud"? www.youtube.com...

I didn't know which thread, because there are so many , where this might fit ... I think it fits anything to do with value and fraud ....peace

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
GATA's Bill Murphy will be appearing in the Nov 5 episode of Conspiracy Theory. Thought some of you might want to tune-in.

Wall Street" – NEW!
Premieres Fri, November 5 at 10P
Jesse goes inside the secret billionaire's boy's club to find out what caused the financial meltdown and how the group allegedly continues to manipulate and control the stock market and oil, gold and silver prices. From Wall Street to Washington, the governor barges in on the rich and powerful to demands answers. - Link

Snip from Bill's subscription website tonight:

Talk about conspiracy type thinking, my TV debut on behalf of GATA on the TRUtv show Conspiracy Theory with Jessie Ventura was pushed back from Friday October 22 at 10 Eastern time to October 29 and now to November 5.

Should be fun

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

Thanks for the info

Gotta love Jesse...

Can't wait to see how deep the show goes.

Perhaps it was pushed back for entertainment reasons and ratings?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
2 items:

1 is relevent to the Gold situation.... search in the recent news
JP Morgan opening gold vaults in Singapore and NYC

there are others that are reopening vaults all of a sudden,
then its come about every global Central Bank has either stopped selling gold
or is in the market to buy gold

now this tells me that there will soon be an artifical cap on the price,
or else its a scheme to transport physical bullion from the Asian
market vault to the NY gold vault..just to quell the demand to see
the actual stored bullion... then to secretly ship the gold bullion back to Asia.
meanwhile, the mega banks like JPM can keep selling fake gold ETFs
and other paper including naked shorts on gold futures to the masses..
just another effort to manipulate their cash cow fraud
[imho]

item 2: the price of gold is not so much its availability,,,
its more a factor of the USD and other fiat currencies falling in disfavor
and falling in value... theres an accellerated trend to trade those
ever decreasing dollars into a solid asset (gold) and thats the reason for the price.

stock ticker: [NYSE: PHYS] up in Canada is the only honest vault i'm aware of
edit on 26-10-2010 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2010 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

As of today, one of the world's top oil exporters announced that has exchanged about $15 billion of its FX reserves into gold. Earlier, Iran announced that the country has converted about 15% of its foreign exchange reserves into gold, and "will not need to import the metal for the next ten years." There is your mystery buyer to all that gold the IMF was selling in Q3... And since Ahmadinejad said that Iran's total FX reserves exceed $100 billion, the amount of gold in stock held by Iran is more than $15 billion. Which is equivalent more than 345 tonnes at a closing price of about $1350. Which also means that the WGC's official gold holdings are in dire need of an update, as Iran does not appear anywhere on the IMF's listing of official gold holders, and with over 345 tonnes, it would make Iran a top 15 holder of the yellow metal.

Zero Hedge: Iran Announces It Has Converted 15% Of Its $100 Billion+ In FX Reserves Into Gold

I remember a while back there was some stories about a big bullion move... around 300 tonnes.

Perhaps this is where it went?

edit to add:

Ah, this post
edit on 1-11-2010 by beebs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Uh oh... here comes the gold vigilantes!

The strange case of Lord James and 'Foundation X'

Lord James has claimed a mysterious gold bullion-backed body wants to invest £5bn in the UK – so what's the catch?

Peer Claims 'Foundation X' Will Pay UK Debt

Purchasing the British Government - Foundation X

Did somebody just try to buy the British government?
edit on 4-11-2010 by beebs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
just found this as well from a post in that last thread:

(a bit old)
edit on 4-11-2010 by beebs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Now up for veiwing:

'Conspiracy Theory' episode featuring GATA is posted at YouTube
Submitted by cpowell on Sat, 2010-11-06 21:34. Section: Daily Dispatches
5:30p ET Saturday, November 6, 2010

Dear Friend of GATA and Gold (and Silver):

The episode of Jesse Ventura's "Conspiracy Theory" program on the TruTV network that was broadcast Friday and featured GATA Chairman Bill Murphy has been posted in three parts at YouTube. U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, the Fed's most informed critic in Congress, also has a big part in the program. You can watch it here: Youtube links

Nice exposure for Murphy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join