It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea's Kim may have entered China: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

North Korea's Kim may have entered China: report

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - One of North Korea's special armored trains used to carry Kim Jong-il arrived in the Chinese border city of Dandong early Saturday, indicating the reclusive leader may be on the move, Yonhap news agency reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This could mean many things....

He is doing some future bargaining with the Chinese PM regarding North Koreas financial future...

He is on his last legs and is going there for medical treatment....

The North will attack the South and he doesn't want to be anywhere near the place when it gets leveled back to the stone age.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Or it could be nothing but i dont know how regular his trips are to china.

I want to bet he's getting the chinese wispers of war :

The US say your becoming a bore ...

WHAT

They said they want a war

i wonder though whats going on...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

This could mean many things....

He is doing some future bargaining with the Chinese PM regarding North Koreas financial future...

He is on his last legs and is going there for medical treatment....

The North will attack the South and he doesn't want to be anywhere near the place when it gets leveled back to the stone age.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by CanadianDream420]

Another possibility; maybe he knows that the SK ship that was sunk last week is going to get pinned on NK and he's worried they'll attack.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It was well known that he was going to China... it's ``supposed`` to be for nuclear disarmament talks.... or more likely to receive orders from his chineses bosses.

We'll see..

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
It was well known that he was going to China... it's ``supposed`` to be for nuclear disarmament talks.... or more likely to receive orders from his chineses bosses.

We'll see..

Chinese bosses??? The Chinese do not even like the NK, they simply just put up with them...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

We'll see..

Clearly it is not well known, care to enlighten me with a source?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
In case you're wondering.

An armored train:

Kim's train:

Now I think him being in China is fishy...but if he is on the run? I am not so sure about that.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Smell The Roses]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
hes probably going to get a toungue lashing from the chinese for torpedoing that south korean destroyer.

kim jong il... communist chinas inappropriate "mini-me"

[edit on 2-4-2010 by TheRepublic]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I read this earlier when the story broke. I wondered about this myself. I know Kimmy goes there every so often. I think the last time was a few years back though.

Anyhoo...

I think Kimmy is just there to pick up his country's Chinese Welfare check.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

It wouldnt have to go very far to get there.

leftoutside.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2

We'll see..

Chinese bosses??? The Chinese do not even like the NK, they simply just put up with them...

I read an account of a top level DPRK defector. He said when Kim Jong Il was speaking privately, he didn't really have deep hate for the US or speak ill of its leaders, however he hates China, and despises its govt.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Schaden]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
What good is an armored train when you know exactly where it is going? Seriously unless you have a billion china men laying new track in front of the train as it travels I don't see the point.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

North Korea is communist.
China is brutally capitalist.

Kim Jong Il is something of a revolutionary. Every Chinese president since Li Xiannian has been a corporatist bureaucrat.

That Kimberly would hate 'em isn't too surprising.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It appears he finally went:

SEOUL
reuters.com
Sun May 2, 2010 7:33pm EDT

North Korean leader Kim Jong-il appears to have entered China, his impoverished state's biggest benefactor, on one of his armored trains for a rare trip abroad, the South's Yonhap news agency reported on Monday.

feeds.reuters.com...

new topics

top topics

join