It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(visit the link for the full news article)
A fishing boat has vanished and is feared to have sunk after searching for sailors missing from last week's naval disaster, maritime police said Saturday.
Police said they lost contact with the 99-ton boat, carrying nine people aboard, after receiving a distress signal at around 8:30 p.m. Friday in the area off the western sea border with North Korea, where the patrol ship Cheonan ship sank on March 26.
South Korea’s coast guard found the body of one of nine fishermen whose boat disappeared after helping search for debris and possible survivors from a navy ship that sank a week ago, an official said on Saturday.
The body of one South Korean fisherman was found after contact was lost with the boat late Friday, said coast guard official Lee Kyo—min. The search was continuing for six other South Korean and two Indonesian crew members of the fishing boat.