It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Man shot dead outside school in Belfast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
A shooting has taken place in the outskirts of Belfast at an intergrated Primary school just before 0900hrs this morning. The scene of the shooting, Oakwood Integrated Primary school was still crowded with children lining up to get into class; the victim had just dropped off children himself before being shot dead.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The victim is understood to have left children at the school and was driving out of the grounds when a white van rammed his blue Audi car.
Two men in the van jumped out and shot the man several times in his car.
They then ran and got into a car waiting outside the grounds. Police believe a Nissan Almera, found abandoned a quarter of a mile away on the Stewartstown Road, was the getaway vehicle used by the killers.
The police officer leading the investigation, Det Supt Roy McComb, said they were still trying to establish a motive for the shooting.
"Once again the streets of Belfast are covered with the blood of an innocent man," he added.
"No matter who this man was, no-one had the right to take his life."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Another sad day on the streets of Belfast....i feel so sorry for everyone involved, the family of the victim, the children who were watching and those surrounded by this violence. Hopefully the investigators get leads very quickly into this murder and catch the criminals.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
"We have had two murders, neither of which we would link to the loyalist feud which appears to have quietened down,

I dont belive that for a seconed why else shoot a man 7 times in his car seems like the Ireland trouble will never go away even though it has clamed down a lot since the 80-90s. And is still bother's me that these people have links with terrorist and at any time could blow up key location in the UK and US.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
that's pretty sad and tramautic for all those kids to witness including probably the guy's own kids....but it does sound like a planned hit on this guy, wonder who he is, and what he is involved in.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I never heard about this until now. i'll catch the 6 o'clock to hear about this

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
damn links...i can nvr figure them out lol

Links

Psni

I agree...i think this was a planned hit...to organised but also way to many witnesses?

Either way...they had no right to do this and hope they are caught soon

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This stuff go's on all the time in the uk shootings and scareing people out of Ireland and if they don't follow they end up with broken arms legs or getting knee caped shot terrible stuff over their.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
This stuff go's on all the time in the uk shootings and scareing people out of Ireland and if they don't follow they end up with broken arms legs or getting knee caped shot terrible stuff over their.

SE7EN is totally right, i remember watching a problem about this on the BBC and half the stuff that goes on in Ireland doesn't get reported by the media.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
If anyone wants to see the kind of stuff that schoolkids in the North have to deal with go research the incident at Holy Cross School. Having people shot outside is nothing, compared to having Loyalist thugs throw bombs at them and balloons full of human urine.
However, this incident does not seem secretarian(sp). According to Irish(Republic) news it is drug related, something which the likes of the UVF, IRA etc do not tolerate (unless they are involved in it of course).

And no, the "Ireland trouble" will never go away, until the occupiers leave. It has taken a back seat in the media recently to Iraq etc, but the problem remains as it has for 800 years.

As to catching the culprit, if he was a member of a loyalist terrorist orgainisation, then he will be left alone. If he wasn't, one of the paramilatiry groups will impose their own "justice", if this was not a case of them already doing so.
Its not like the PSNI will get up off their racist ass and do something

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Motive sought for school murder

Police are trying to establish a motive for the murder of a man who was shot outside a primary school on the outskirts of Belfast.
Kevin McAlorum, 31, was shot dead in his car as children arrived for classes at Oakwood Integrated Primary School in Derriaghy just after 0900 BST on Thursday.

Mr McAlorum was driving away from the school after dropping off a child, when his car was rammed by a van.

Two men got out and shot and killed him as he sat at the wheel of his car.

The men then fled in a waiting vehicle.

Mr McAlorum was also known as Kevin McGuinness.

Police believe a dark Nissan Almera found on the Stewartstown Road a quarter of a mile away was their getaway vehicle.

update

new topics

top topics

join