It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Criticism of the Pope "Like 'Anti-Semitism'"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

VATICAN CITY — The Vatican spokesman is officially distancing itself from Good Friday remarks by the papal preacher, who likened accusations against the pope in the clergy sex abuse cover-up scandals to collective violence against Jews.

The Rev. Raniero Cantalamessa said in a Good Friday homily with the pope listening in St. Peter's Basilica that a Jewish friend wrote to him to say the accusations remind him of the "more shameful aspects of anti-Semitism."

The "coincidence" that Passover falls in the same week as Easter celebrations prompted Cantalamessa to think about Jews, said the preacher, a Franciscan who offers reflections at Vatican Easter and Advent services.

"They know from experience what it means to be victims of collective violence and also because of this they are quick to recognize the recurring symptoms," the preacher said.

LINK

This was said by the Pope's own personal preacher and is absolutely disgusting IMO. But I can't say that it's completely unexpected that members of the church would make such bold claims. It seems like they'll say anything to take the blame off of their own and place it firms upon the shoulders of the victims, and now the media.

If the Catholic Church had any kind of real authority you can bet your ass you'd be facing charges relating to hate crimes if you criticized a priest for taking pleasure in the rape and torture children.

Of course the church itself has distanced itself from the comments of Mr. Cantalamessa, but it's funny how his message still managed to make headlines, almost as if they wanted that message to seep into public consciousness. The church is no stranger to conspiracy and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we hear more prominent members of the church relaying similar messages "of their own accord" for us all to take in and consider.

It just makes me sick how they all think they're the ones being victimized here because they were caught raping children and people are discussing it in public. I say, get used to it guys, it's never going away.

[edit on 4/2/2010 by ZombieOctopus]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

You're right. It's not going away. When I see the time come when nothing is mentioned of this for about 2 days, I'll do some digging, find a relevant news article somewhere in this world, and post it here.

I'm a patient man and I can stomach alot, but this s*@# takes the cake

I have a way with words my friends, I'll blog and respond my a** off to news articles across the globe to get the word out that the catholic church has to either SERIOUSLY change it's ways, or it's going to go down in flames [ that was just a figure of speech, I was NOT inciting violence]

Peace

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
My opinion of the current pope is that he is a fake, a power hungry charlatan, who was a Nazi, and believed it was right to oppress or slaughter those he felt beneath him.

I feel he is crooked, corrupt and morally bereft.

I wouldn't visit their crappy little 'state' of bigots, criminals and psychopaths if could possibly help it.

And now we see this idiot, trying in a plainly amateurish way, to use playground psychology on the 'flock of sheep' in another attempt to subvert the truth and create a wall of silence.

They make me sick.

If it were not for the strict T&C here on ATS, i'd say what i REALLY think of them.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

What a twat. I suppose it fits a pattern as Catholic Churches across Europe actively involved themselves in the Holocaust.

This is REAL anti-Semitism.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Is it me, or does the pope and the Catholic church sound like one of those bad-guy wrestlers from WWF. You know the type that would deny any wrongdoing, even though everybody saw them cheat or would try and evoke sympathy that they did not deserve.

Except WWF is fake and bad-guy wrestlers were just acting like jerks so they could entertain. The child victims of the Catholic Church's cover ups are real. The Catholic church is not trying to entertain, but to cover up an ugly problem.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Here's hoping the Pope gets the reception he deserves when he visits Britian, we don't take kindly to his sort.

I am SO SO SO Grateful to Henry VIII for getting rid of the Catholic Churches power here.

All so he could get divorced and get another honey on his arm! Legend.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

This is utterly ridiculous. I do not see how in the world proclaiming the inadequacies of the papacy can possibly be akin to anti-semitism.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I have nothing against the people that worship through the Church. Its the church, as we can all see, that is the issue here.
I am just hoping that the Prophecies of St Malachy come true.
Plus it also reminds me of a pic that was shown in the Lost Book of Nostradamus...

lh5.ggpht.com...

In interpretations by a few scholars, they are saying that this shows a depiction of the Fall of the Church, Women turning away from the Pope, and it shows that His staff is burning.
When this was explained it sorta linked in my head with the St Malachy. And with the way the church is covering up for those that are doing these horrid things, any wonder Women start to turn away from the church.
They have made their beds full of lies and deceit over the years, they are now going to have to suffer the consequences and sleep in it.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by universalchokurei

It's an obvious red herring. The church is trying to make itself the victim, even though we all know the real victims are the abused children.

If the church is not the real victim, then the children are the victims. If the children are the victims, then the church must be the perpetrator. If the church is the perpetrator, it cannot be infallible. If the church is not infallible, Catholicism falls apart.

new topics

top topics

join