It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Low Pass Flybys of All Time

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
MASSIVE BUMP! No 3 is insane!! and respect to the
massive attack (angel) soundtrack.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I love seeing the french tanker make that flyby. It takes some balls for anyone to fly as low as these flybys. Makes for great shows of force down range.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Here's a video of two Hellenic Air Force F4 Phantoms. The first one flies past the Hellenic Navy frigate at about 5 feet above the water, the second right over the top of the frigate.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

HELL YES!

Awesome. 1960s American technology at it's best. No terrain-following computer here boys...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Gig em brother! Best POST EVAR!

Class of '93
Challenger Seven

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Those were great. Thanks for posting that. Makes my boring day at work a little more interesting.

It makes me miss when I was a kid and Grumman was still open (I live near their old Calverton NY plant). My dad used to take me down to watch the F14s and A6's practice take offs and landings. Man I miss those days. Stupid Northrop!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Great thread some v cool vids, thanks op.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

Sir,

You should have posted this late and outdated video

but perhaps you could also find (i doubt) the roll over from the +52 at 14meters loaded and then engages just off Rhodes in 2008 that forced a total of 9 +52 from TAF and subsequently made the hot lines ring resulting in a particular naval force from Suda to sail into pre defined and non disclosed coordinates to ensure maximum ground zero level intelligence that resulted in in a stand down agreement of the Hellenic military in going to what is considered into a black out region of the Aegean. ( Scary moments ).

Come late 2010, you will be reading more upcoming hot spots as Turkey is playing its deck of cards without considering the host. These two nations are on head locked situation that can only result in an obvious outcome.

edit : syntax

[edit on 19-7-2010 by tristar]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Great vidz, I love planes and jets

When I was younger I thought about signing up to the navy just to become a pilot or just fix those sexy air beast........ I would have loved riding in those speeds... and I sure do love speed

Those jets I tell you, it just turns me on when I see them

great videos

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This must have taken some balls...

Love #5 in the OP's video

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

exactly the cone is caused by air passing around the aircraft at the speed of sound not neseceraly the aircraft flying at the speed of sound but it will be close between 0.8 and 1.2 mach

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ive got the best fly-by you will ever see.
the entire video is amazing, skip to 3:00 if your impatient.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FunnyLittleFrog
This must have taken some balls...

Love #5 in the OP's video

That is probably the RAF Thumwait in Oman. The USAF, RAF and ROAF used to go out in the desert and go REALLY LOW, I mean low low low. Like Mach 1+ at 50 ft.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I saw the first one in person! That yearly show on the San Francisco Bay Area is Amazing, The blue Angel with the Golden Gate as backdrop.... you cannot beat that.

BTW it didn't break the sound barrier, its just water condensation. Im sure the spectators will be deaf if he actually went Mach!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join