It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Safe Haven?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
For the sake of argument, let's assume that we are headed for some form of Global Catastrophy. World Oil War, Drastic Climate Change, NWO, The Rapture, etc.

Where on the Planet might one "hide out" to weather the coming storm? I would like for my Wife and I to live out our lives in relative Peace and Harmony, it is becoming increasingly difficult for me to accept the status quo. Should we decide to "opt out" of this Machiavelian Society, we are not looking to join a different one.

Do we sell everything and buy a boat? Arm ourselves and hole-up in Idaho? Is there any Safe Haven?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottsquared
Is there any Safe Haven?

The pessimistic side of me wants to tell you that if they want you, they'll find you no matter where you go. You can't hide from the God, Mother Nature or the NWO.

All kidding aside, where you should go would depend greatly on the type of global catastrophy that happened. I would say the best place to go to avoid societal changes would be Alaska. You'd have the conviences of living in America but at the same time you'd be removed from the majority of "evil American society." I've yet to hear of any Al-queda plots involving Nome or Juneau. A boat might be your best option though. The mobility and autonomy of the seas would save you from just about everything except the rapture.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by el_topo]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Let me correct that you can not hide from death and taxes, and a safe haven, I think we will have to look to the havens and find another world to live in but how long it will take until somebody comes a make your day? Not long. We are pack animals from the animal kindom we can not live without comany.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

The mobility and autonomy of the seas would save you from just about everything except the rapture.

Well, there's tidal waves, tsunamis, hurricanes, "perfect storms", etc. too. There's really no place to hide against Earth changes.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Text Where could you hide? Cheyenne Mountain? Or deep underground in any number of military bases all over the world-if you have the right connections. What's sobering is to consider is that the globalist elite has employed many means for reducing the overall population of this planet to between 500-800 million people(that's their hopeful number). If there was an impending supernatural or natural catastrophe or something they contrived and orchestrated, they aren't about to tell us 'useless eaters' and defeat their own goal. They'll be the one's hiding. Revelations 6
It's not 'if' but 'when'.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
well these people claim to know and have done the research, but I am not worried enough to spend my money on the book to find out.

If you really want to look for a safe haven from multitude of possibilities then maybe you will be willing to pay for it.

other than the book, the site has good info in general
www.millennium-ark.net...

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
im with you. consider moving to the country and spending the rest of your days tending a smallholding and being good neighbours.

if youre talking about an impact....

i have given this question alot of fought. and no.1 run to the hills, cia recommends that you be 125km in land to be clear of any tsunami. obviously it would be best to be up high in the hills or mountains. if you was to consider alaska then consider keeping warm a big factor in your preparations. climate change might make alaska alot colder then it already is. if there was to be some kind of impact then first you have to determine where its going to hit then you want to be on the other side of the world from it
. survival equipment is a must. this site i got off of another thread

www.chiefsupply.com...

travel as light as possible, head in land, move toward high ground, find a cave and pray.

i dont fancy boats myself. deep water gives me the creeps so do sharks with big teeth. although its not such a bad idea if you had a really good boat/ship. it would have to withstand big swells though.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I just talked about this with my father-in-law the other. He was visiting me here in STL, he lives in wisconsin. When I posed the question to him he said he was only a few hours south of Canada, which has about a million miles of nothing. He fired the question back at myself, and being at bit further from canada than he is, decided my best bet for an all around escape from a non-specific event would be the ozark mountains, which are just a couple of hours from me. In any case, I would probably head for mountains or wide wilderness.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I find myself leaning toward the "boat" idea. A well constructed, well crewed dbl end design like a Colin Archer(life-boat design) can withstand just about any sea condition. A 50 footer would be large and comfortable enough for two and have plenty of room for all kinds of survival gear/tools etc.

Biggest sticking point: My wife gets sea-sick! I told her that you get over sea-sickness after a little while. No-one ever died from sea-sickness, they just wish they were dead. Anyhow, it's better to be a bit green than to be really dead.

I already live in the Mountains of Colorado. What worries me isn't the proximity of Cheyenne Mountain(about 250 miles) but other survialists who might deside that they need to take my food and arms for themselves.

A boat on the High Seas is easier to defend than an entrenched position on land. At least from an aggressor who wants your stuff and not just your head. Anyone know where I can get a couple of shoulder fired rockets?(without getting on John Ashcroft's list) One shot below the water-line and you're sunk.

Keep the good ideas coming!

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I am going to give you an advised stop worrying about something that is not going to happen in your life time and enjoy what your have now.

Life is too short to spend it on petty what if or not if may happens.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tripnastic
I just talked about this with my father-in-law the other. He was visiting me here in STL, he lives in wisconsin. When I posed the question to him he said he was only a few hours south of Canada, which has about a million miles of nothing. He fired the question back at myself, and being at bit further from canada than he is, decided my best bet for an all around escape from a non-specific event would be the ozark mountains, which are just a couple of hours from me. In any case, I would probably head for mountains or wide wilderness. [/quote
Unless you're from the Ozarks and know the Ozarks you probably won't be met with a happy welcoming committee: unless you understand the people. I'm not saying they'd kill you but during times of national crisis, Constitution suspended, martial law the Ozarks will be heavily patrolled.
Lots of real people, city slickers need not apply. But it's your nickel.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
TextG-d inspired disasters and global changes ARE coming. Take a look at that 'all-seeing eye' in the top of the pyramid on back of the one dollar bill. Where on earth do you think you can go and not be seen by that 'all-seeing eye'. I know where I go, His Name is YahShua. The kewl thing is you can too.

new topics

top topics

join