It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonnell, other governors receive letter threatening 'removal' if they don't resign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

McDonnell, other governors receive letter threatening 'removal' if they don't resign

voices.washingtonpost.com

The FBI is investigating a threatening letter sent to Virginia Gov. Robert F. McDonnell (R) this week.

The letter was received at the governor's office in Richmond Wednesday. It was turned over to the Virginia State Police, which sent it to the Richmond FBI office.

The governor's office released a statement Friday morning that
said the "the Governor and his family are secure."

FBI Agent M.A. Myers declined to say what the letter said, but the Associated Press is reporting that a group called called Guardians of the Free Republics demanded that McDonnell step down within three da
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Is this related to the organization mentioned on ATS sending stuff to every states governor? I happened to read the first page of that thread a few days ago, but don't remember the name of the organization.

Anyways, I wonder how they plan to "remove" the governor from office? I find it hard to believe a group could be organized enough to do this in every state across the country.

voices.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

I saw the thread about this here on ATS a few days ago and I was shocked that it was really true. The FBI put out a warning.

FBI warns extremist letters may encourage violence

A federal intelligence note is warning police that an anti-government group's call to remove dozens of sitting governors may encourage others to act out violently.

A group that calls itself the Guardians of the free Republics has a plan to "restore America" by peacefully dismantling parts of the government, according to its Web site.

As of Wednesday, more than 30 governors had received letters demanding they leave office within three days or they will be removed, according to an internal intelligence note by the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security, which was obtained by The Associated Press.

www.google.com...

So if the threat is real there could be trouble next week since none of the governors will step down in three days. I think its an empty threat and nothing will happen. I guess we will see soon enough.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Guardians of the Free Republics

Do all of the above, and more, peacefully, discreetly, quietly and honorably, behind the scenes

They mention a couple of times it is a peaceful movement. Lets hope so.

If you go through their beliefs, they have pretty much adopted the same nonsense as the Montana Freeman which I had the misfortune of getting to know in the early 1990's. I have no idea about this bunch but the Freeman were a bunch of criminals and thugs, most of which were also White Supremacists.

Many groups seem to buy into an absurd idea that somehow our current legal system is invalid somehow. The same legal system created by the Constitution they claim to believe in. It usually ends up being about not wanting to pay taxes or repay bank loans (mortgages). This group is the same.

# End the foreclosure nightmare (for borrowing against one’s own credit).
# End tax prosecutions for resisting the transfer of private wealth to foreign banking cartels such as I.R.S. (former Puerto Rico Bureau of Taxation).

As you see, that is what this group is about also. Borrow money to buy a home or land and then refuse to pay it back? That is credible? I think that pretty much eliminates their credibility, or should to any rational, honest person that is.

They don't seem to fit that profile of a group that would send those threatening letters though. That seems to run contrary to their stated goals.

The Freeman mentality has spread all over North America, including Canada. They refuse to pay their mortgages and then refuse to leave the land they do not own. The group that latched on to me and would not leave me alone, were constantly bragging about criminal activities, like poaching game, stealing from businesses and breaking into government buildings to steal. None of them had jobs.

They also wrote themselves forged Deeds to land. Paid for things with forged checks on non-existent bank accounts. Printed their own currency and basically were a bunch of Neanderthal thugs.

The leaders were obvious confidence men and the members were usually illiterate and often borderline illiterates who were easy to fool. The two who kept bringing me tapes and documents I'm not even sure could read, let alone see that the stuff on the tapes was a con-game to trick them. A couple of very smart people taking advantage of people without the faculties to protect themselves.

I sure hope that bunch don't continue spreading. They make us all look like fools with their specious arguments and legal nonsense.

Without exception, everyone of them I met in Montana was a White Supremacist and member of the Aryan Nation or the KKK.

I'm rambling here, but my point is that these groups are actually part of the problem. They make those of us who want real change look like fools. The opposition uses their lunacy to label us who are peaceful and law abiding as being like them. It makes it hard to get people to listen and can anyone blame them with these nuts in the news all of the time. Any intelligent person knows people who refuse to pay mortgages and defy the courts are just a bunch of crooks.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

With regards to your post:

What are the chances the FBI and the federal govt has infiltrated this group, and is doing this for their own ends (whatever they might be)?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Interesting idea. One reason they would do this is to damage the reputation of legitimate movements and ideas that are calling for change. If they can portray this peaceful movement as somehow dangerous or crazy, they have successfully made anyone who agrees with the movements point of view to be crazy or dangerous in the public's eye.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

What are the chances the FBI and the federal govt has infiltrated this group, and is doing this for their own ends (whatever they might be)?

Very high I think. In fact I'd agree it is likely. But I've got to tell you, I met the leadership and they are nothing but a bunch of con-men. I can't honestly say that it would be wrong to watch them carefully. How do you distinguish between the FBI keeping an eye on genuinely bad people and where they begin to use them as a propaganda tool? I think that is mostly the realm of Politicians in their dialogue.

These folks could easily be used as a weapon against good people who just want to clean up our government. I'm with you on that.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Montana Freeman which I had the misfortune of getting to know in the early 1990's. I have no idea about this bunch(insert: meaning you have no idea about the people behind the Restore America Plan?) but the Freeman were a bunch of criminals and thugs, most of which were also White Supremacists.

THEN you said:

Originally posted by Blaine91555
But I've got to tell you, I met the leadership and they are nothing but a bunch of con-men.

My question to you is simple:

Are you saying that you have met the people behind the Restore America Plan, and that you believe they are con-men?

OR

Are you referring to the Montana Freemen leaders, who have nothing to do with the Restore America Plan?

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Ionized]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

Something else that may interest you in that regard. I was an eye witness to what appeared to be military helicopters buzzing these folks, trying to incite them to violence. They were hole up on land they had bought and then refused to make payment on.

I met the Sheriff of Ravalli County who dealt with a group there. I think he could have dealt with it on his own and he was very pissed about the helicopters coming out of Idaho. They made matters much worse.

I need to back away from this topic. If I go to far the wrong person could read it and I'm getting to old for this crap. I helped one of them who wanted to break away with money and helped him hide. They were threatening to kill him and his handicapped child. As I said earlier, they were all Supremacists and they ordered him to kill his handicapped child when he was born. Yes, these people were that bad.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ionized

I'm talking about the Montana Freeman who used the exact same arguments and dialogue we see these groups using all over the country and into Canada.

They follow the same pattern. They refuse to pay taxes. They purchase property and then refuse to pay the loans. Claim they don't have to in fact. They talk about the currency being illegal and attempt to create their own. They try to cause a standoff between them and authorities. They claim the legal system set up under the Constitution is Unconstitutional (the most absurd of them all). It's a pattern that I think links them and their members.

The Restore America group has the same things on their list. Are they related? I don't know but one could reasonably suspect one sprang from the other. I'd be careful of their leadership and check them out thoroughly.

[edit on 4/2/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Thought id add this too

FBI Warns Extremist Letters May Encourage Violence

WASHINGTON (April 2) -- A federal intelligence note is warning police that an anti-government group's call to remove dozens of sitting governors may encourage others to act out violently. A group that calls itself the Guardians of the free Republics wants to "restore America" by peacefully dismantling parts of the government, according to its Web site.

As of Wednesday, more than 30 governors had received letters demanding they leave office within three days or they will be removed, according to an internal intelligence note by the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security, which was obtained by The Associated Press.

He declined to provide specifics about the letter, but said, "not knowing the group and the information contained in the letter warranted state police to review it." Cain said the letter has gone to numerous governors across the country. The FBI warning comes at a time of heightened attention to far-right extremist groups after the arrest of nine Christian militia members last weekend accused of plotting violence.

In explaining the letters sent to the governors, the intelligence note says officials have no specific knowledge of plans to use violence, but they caution police to be aware in case other individuals interpret the letters "as a justification for violence or other criminal actions." The FBI associated the letter with "sovereign citizens," most of whom believe they are free from all duties of a U.S. citizen, like paying taxes or needing a government license to drive. A small number of these people are armed and resort to violence, according to the intelligence report.

source from good ol AOL

edit: source add

[edit on 4/2/2010 by ugie1028]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I think what is happening here is both sides are out of control. Both sides are name calling and both sides are being usurped by radicals that neither side is probably to happy about.

This needs to play out in the courts and the system set up under the Constitution needs to be allowed to run its course. The courts will speak and the people will speak at the next elections.

If these groups have a case, file a suit in a court of law. Threatening elected officials is way out of line. It clearly brings into question both the sanity and the intent of those involved.

The States are suing. That is a good thing. People are talking about voting out incumbents. That is a good thing. Threats though, that is a BAD thing.

new topics

top topics

join