It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is a Conspiracy; ALL of you are going to HELL

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Please refrain from flogging or stoning me until after you read what I have to say.

I expect that this thread will incite the 'religious' mobs to a feverish pitch. I look forward to it.

Let me start with saying that I have nothing personal against Christians or anyone who holds other beliefs. It is not my intention here to belittle any of you solely on whatever it is that you hold to be true. All I ask is that you use that same standard when replying to this thread, for I have the same rights as you do when it comes to choosing what to believe.

I am not here to condemn anyone based solely on what I believe. I am simply putting forth information that can be verified, should anyone choose to step outside of the box of 'blind-faith' to research it for themselves.

What I say here will not be based on any system of 'faith' , but rather, evidence that can be easily found with minimal effort. So , as difficult as it will be for some of you , please do not present your arguments with nothing but faith as substantiation .

Feel free to use the Bible to counter what I have to say. I look forward to that also . Keep in mind tho' , that Jesus did not write the Bible. The Bible will be a text that I will also use to 'cross-examine' your presentations, so be cautious about claiming that I 'have no proof' .

I sincerely ask that all of you do not enter into this debate with the "gnashing-of-teeth' mentality.

Several years ago, I wrote on essay on this topic. I used the Bible to substantiate it then also. It was circulated amongst several churches,pastors,deacons,congre-
gations,etc.

Not one single person was able to refute it . It was, conveniently, said to be a 'grey' area., although it is a central teaching within the church.

Let's get started.

In the New Testament, the word 'hell' comes from the Greek word 'Gehenna' . Gehenna is derived from 'Geh Ben Hinnom' ( valley of Hinnon ).

This is a place where Jeremiah said the children of Judah " burn their sons and daughters in the fire " ( Jer. 7:31 ) .

The Hinnon Valley was a depression located just to the southwest of Jerusalem, where children were sacrificed in idolatrous rites to Molech.

It was also , later used as the city dump . Archaeologist Eilat Mazar says the site may have been a crematorium.

In the Old Testament, the word 'Sheol' is translated as 'hell' 31 times, translated as 'the grave' 31 times, and translated as 'the pit', 3 times .

The literal translation of 'sheol' is the 'unseen'. All those who have died have gone to sheol ( hell , the grave , the pit )., they are 'unseen' .

'Sheol' was used to describe 'national judgements'... the vanishing of nations .

In the New Testament, the equivalent of sheol is 'hades' ( 11 times ). Hades= Hell in the New Testament . The correct translation of 'hades' is 'the unseen' . This word was also used in the context of 'national judgements' .

Our current conception of hades (hell), has it's roots in Greek mythology, not the Bible . Let it be noted also, 'hell' in English, is derived from the Anglo-Saxon definition meaning ' to conceal' ., 'to cover' .

The word literally meant 'to cover'. Hence the word 'helmet'...to 'cover' the head .

This is further substantiated by the use of the word in the middle ages . Farmers were said to 'hell' (cover) their potatoes to preserve them during the winter .

Again, 'Gehenna' (hell) was a valley outside of Jerusalem where children were sacrificed in rituals to the god Molech , a place where rebellious jews were slaughtered and the city dump.

So, let's get this party started . Be advised that I will only reply to those with serious inquiries and will leave the rest of you to rant that I am the anti-christ and going to hell .

We are ALL going to the grave., we are ALL going to be UNSEEN after we die., We are ALL going to be CONCEALED/COVERED once they bury us .

WE ARE ALL GOING TO HELL ...

Next : The church is the anti-christ , and God is all in your head ...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
You are correct in defining one interpretation of hell as the grave, love the way you incite folks. However, if all we're doing here is inciting people and taunting them over word play, what is the point of the thread?

The real question is "Who will stay in the grave/sheol/hades? And who will go to the definition of hell as displayed in Revelations 20, and go to the "Great, White Throne Judgement" to be judged worthy of heaven?

Frankly, although correct in your use of hell/sheol/hades...you should be ashamed at "pulling the chain" of those "babes in Christ" that still feed on the "milk" and not the "meat" of the Bible.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well, if we presuppose that the context of the word "hell" you're using is to simply mean that we are going to the "grave," we are going to be "covered," and that we are going to be "unseen," as demonstrated by the various root definitions of the word, then I'm in total agreement. There are, however, many different modern interpretations aside from those early root definitions which is why I stand by in eager anticipation, popcorn in hand

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well done OP. It is sad that most religious folks are unable to rid the brainwashing regardless of anything you try to show them. This thread is NOT some sly fabrication, or some Satanic deception, it is simply the TRUTH of the word in its original meaning. How hard it is to understand that the meaning of the word for which we got the term Hell, has been fabricated into COMPLETE NONSENSE. And this applies to nearly every word in the Bible. The real sheep are the ones living by blind faith without questioning anything. Very sad.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
You are correct in defining one interpretation of hell as the grave, love the way you incite folks. However, if all we're doing here is inciting people and taunting them over word play, what is the point of the thread?

The real question is "Who will stay in the grave/sheol/hades? And who will go to the definition of hell as displayed in Revelations 20, and go to the "Great, White Throne Judgement" to be judged worthy of heaven?

Frankly, although correct in your use of hell/sheol/hades...you should be ashamed at "pulling the chain" of those "babes in Christ" that still feed on the "milk" and not the "meat" of the Bible.

Why is testing the validity of the bible always "inciting folks"?

Seriously...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

We're not talking about testing the validity, what were talking about as inciting is the way in which our OP phrased the thread.

"All of you are going to HELL" is inciting...

"Hell is a misinterpretation of Hades or Sheol"...that is academic and testing the validity of the Bible.

As much a difference as journalism vs yellow journalism... or enlightening vs alarming

thats all I am saying.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Yes the word game. The translations are always done to the best of their abilities but sometimes the concept gets lost. When they use words like hell in reference to cover you as the reader have to determine in what context they are using.
For example in english i could say "look at this mint" a translator could see this as a candy, a plant and on with the other difinitions. Then you go into derivations which complicates the issue because words do change over time but their meaning shifts. So saying something is cool does not mean the same thing as it did 500 years ago and most of the time when people say something is cool they are not talking about the temp.
It is foolish to think that all the references to hell are only talking about being burried.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
That's quite interesting!

I'm Muslim and Cehennem (G-hen-am) means hell! Where as Jannah in Arabic and Cennet in Turkish means Paradise.

I smell connections, indeed..but that wouldn't be too surprising to me.

- K

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

you have it correct

although, there are 2 deaths

most people get the fire in hell mixed up with the lake of fire, which is the 2nd death

sheol is just a holding place of sorts, if you try to read into that further

in the book of enoch, he describes the far part of the universe and what appears to be a place for the angels who sinned they are in captivity and it also explains a fire, i have been starting to think that is where the lake of fire is, it kinda explains a black hole of sorts

makes some sense but i havent read into all that much

but yes, everyone who has died so far, no one has gone to heaven or the lake of fire

good post

hardly a conspiracy though, just wrong teaching

most religions and or cultures believe in a good or bad place after life

[edit on 2-4-2010 by MurderCityDevil]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
There's more than one misinterpretation/ mistranslation of the Bible, yo. Not to mention the editing, and all these new (what has been called watered down and worse) editions... And yet, everyone in the faith sits back and not so much as blinks about it.

Doncha ever wonder.... just *once* that what everyone else is saying might be true??? Does it not cross any of your minds that if this IS true, the entire religion is gonna find themselves up the creek without paddle, boat OR creek??

Like one of the other posters said- Doesn't matter what's said to these people. Ignorance is truly bliss, huh.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by wylekat]

[edit on 2-4-2010 by wylekat]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Yeah your right, when i die i'll be buried, covered and unseen. Or i might be cremated yet.Not really bothered which to be honest. My soul though, which currently animates this physical vessel, will move on as will everybody's. Where it moves to, will be determined by the almighty.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
S&F from me.

I always love some new information and mistranslation really shows how information can be tweaked or used for whatever purposes the user deems best toward his or her ultimate goal.

I have my ideas concerning religion but your explanation of hell is awesome. Bravo!

I've always wondered towards conspiracy and religion and have done much research. I still haven't conclusively proven religion to be a tool of government but you never know what will be uncovered.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I'm not going to hell.

I will be seen - Just as God sees His Son, God sees me.

I'm more than that sparrow that God sees fall because Jesus carries me.

And Jesus will carry you.

It's so simple.

It's only a matter of faith... And love...

The people who try to complicate it - are either afraid, or ignorant...

And I mean that in the kindest way possible...

Peace is right there for you to reach out and take, for you, forever...

Take it...

peace

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

I'm Muslim and Cehennem (G-hen-am) means hell! Where as Jannah in Arabic and Cennet in Turkish means Paradise.

I smell connections, indeed..but that wouldn't be too surprising to me.

Hidden does seem to be a central concept in most religions. Jesus Christ is said to be currently occulted(hidden?) along with the Mahdi, to be revealed later. If Paradise also is a hiding, interesting! Seems another line for research.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think that what might be missing here is a comment from a Christian who actually agrees with the OP. I've heard all this before, and it's hardly indicative of a conspiracy (I say this with the utmost respect). Yes, the true meaning of the words in the Old Testament was exactly as you described it. The Jews (who still refer to the OT as their Holy Book) don't believe in a spiritual hell (please correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I'm aware I'm correct in saying that).

The New Testament (and Old, come to think of it) was/were predominantly translated into Latin & English by people who were concerned with presenting the information as a very effective means of retaining the power they had started to accumulate. Even the earlier Greek copies were probably heavily edited, though they were not decided upon by the Council of Nicea as is the common misconception (cheers Dan Brown).

One thing to bear in mind is that Jesus didn't just refer to the word 'Hell' - he described it as a physical/spiritual abode, which people run the risk of entering if they behave in certain fashions.

My personal feeling is that the use of Gehenna was in a sense as an allegorical metaphor - everyone hearing the word at the times of the text's writing would know the association of that place with wickedness and suffering. Gehenna/ Hades were used frequently as a means of describing a condition of separateness from God.

Jesus also told a parable about a rich man who went to a literal hell after death, as a result of his abhorrent treatment of the poor. Then there's the parable about plucking out one's eye if it causes you to sin, to avoid being cast into the fires of hell.

I'm confident (for various long-winded reasons I don't have time to go into in this comment) that the actual context of the parables wouldn't have been changed, and so we can assume that when Jesus spoke in such a way he was literally issuing a warning about certain afterlife states that one can find oneself entering into, if evil (in various measures) was practiced by a person during their lifetime.

Note also that the demons were apparently terrified of being cast into hell 'before the allotted time' - indicating a foreknowledge of the literal torment that awaited them after this old hologram gets wound up.

Just my two cents, for what it's worth. I'd love to go into this in more depth, but I have to put the kids to bed now.. Take care people.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure there are a number of things in the bible that are misconstrued or falsified with ease. At a young age, my grandparents tried forcing their religion onto me. Instead of accepting it on my own terms, I would sit in the back of the endless rows of this church and listen to the droning voice of the pastor, who at times would burst into a fit of adrenalin, shouting and spewing verses to his ship, only so they would respond with resonating, loud cheers and chants.

The youth group always seemed awkward to me. When I was in their company, it seemed as if they were intimidated by me, because of the way I carried myself, wore hats to church ( Didn't know there were rules on attire ), and simply spoke my mind on certain situations. They never tried to accept me, and always seemed very fake. After a few years, I ended up not going to church any more and every time I run into these people, they try to lure me back, but how so? Through fear, guilt, and horrible lessons.

"Please ... please! Come to church and find his light, before something happens!"

I, at one time received a house visit from the youth pastor whom I was cool with, and one of the youth representatives, whom I never really got along with. Now, the Youth pastor is talking to us and asking how we are doing, so i'm thinking to myself ... this is cool, they just wanna see how thing are. Said thoughts were completely erased when the youth representative sprung into action with a speech that had to be thought up and rehearsed ... mind you, the stupidity of this speech could have been delegated to a group of 3rd graders.

He asked us if we had ever tried a sandwich with ketchup, mustard, relish, and some other crap. After we obviously said no, he assured us that it tasted amazing, then proceeded to tell us how trying something of the unknown would be easier with God by your side. How that related to the sandwich, I feel is quite ridiculous.

Anyways, to make a long story short ... after that "visit" from the youth, I made sure to distance myself from church. To the church people, you guys do what makes you happy but the bottom line is, the bible was written by men. Men are a corrupt people, no matter how perfect they may paint the picture of their exterior lives. Pastor's argue with their wives, curse, shout, cheat, and can even manipulate. Your next door neighbor has potential to do the same. What you should take from the bible is the message of positivity that it tries to portray.

There is positive and there is evil in this world. That is all that matters. If you do good, then you will receive goodness. Religion is trivial. Somebody who is a good Samaritan in every aspect isn't condemned to hell because he didn't put his faith onto a single person that an ancient, and partially edited text states one should. And if that is the case? Then religion is hypocrisy in every aspect, if they would ignore the goodness of a person's actions and lifestyle, because he didn't choose to follow a certain flock.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Sorry - when I said 'agrees with the OP', I meant to some extent, not entirely. My bad.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
pretty much.

religion is a tool, as the story in eden goes they got tempted by the serpent.

what if thats it, we went from not thinking about things to thinking and over analyzing things.

the bible is a book of parabols and its our duty to translate them into what we think is right.

the book says alot and it can be takin in many ways but i feel completly it was made as a way to keep people docile, keep you from feeling and to keep you all like cattle, heads down and even when you get led to the slaughter house you still follow through till the blade stikes you.

its human nature to want to kill, the universe is hostile so impossible devour to survive, so it is....so its always been.

dont let the book keep your true human emotions held in.
(im not saying to go kill im saying just dont be a slave)

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

With all due respect, I am neither afraid nor ignorant. And Jesus is not going to 'carry' me. That's fine with me ,if you choose to believe that for yourself, I have no problem with that .

The problem comes into play when those of faith overstep their bounds to condemn others according to there own beliefs.

I have been told that I am going to this 'hell' simply because I choose not to believe the same as others do . That is what I am getting at .

I could have said that those who choose to believe are either afraid or ignorant, as you did, but I didn't.

Can you hear me now ? Good .

Peace to you also ...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Though I'm not agreeing to your title of this thread, I do have some further insight into the word hell. I'm a Norwegian as some of you may know and the word Hell comes from Norse. Even today we have words like Heller which means a rock incline or outspring used as housing or covering in ancient times. We also have a word Helle, which basically means a flat rock used to prepare food like on a stove. To Helle means to Pour, typically from a Kettle, or No. Kjele with the same semantic meaning as Kettle, as seen in the Norwegian name Kjetil or Ketil, which also means Helmet in old Norse, and a Hjelm is a Helmet, used for covering. However, the mosst obvious meaning of Hell is found in Norse mythology, where we have the goddess Hel who ruled over the "unseen" called Helheim or simply Hel, where people who died from uncurable diseases or who had been cowards or dying victims of conspiracies ended. Both Balder and Odin ended in Helheim, and they will return from there in the new world after Ragnarok, the Norse Judgement Day where they will be the gods of Liv and Livtrase and their descendants.

Unlike Sheol and Hades, Hel or Helheim was a place of justice, with much in common with Gehennah as termed in the Greek NT. But it wasn't nessasarily terminal. There were ways out of Helheim, as it was ruled over by the goddess Hel and Odin the Norse Father and Main God, being among it's inhabitants (according to Snorre Sturlasson) since he died from terminal disease in Svitjod (Sweden) according to Snorre's Heimskringla's Ynglingesaga, the Chronicles of the Norse Gods and the origin of the Norwegian royal line. Odin was the patriarch of among others Heimdall, who had three sons, one black and two others "of our kind" and was the son of nine sisters of the same family. He guarded the bridge Rimfrost towering over a flooding river, which was shaped like the rainbow and sounded his trumpet Hjallarhodn every time gods crossed the bridge and stopped all unworthy people trying to cross the bridge. Compare that to the story of Noah, who had nine mothers from Eve to his own mothers, and fathered three sons, one being black, and how God placed the rainbow in the heavens after the Great Flood. It's the exact same story. Which makes me believe that the Norse gods were infact patriarchs of the Torah, and that the whole Norse religion is infact based on the Bible or the other way around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join