It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do YOU hate the fed?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
You know those "Dollars" that you spend?

The ones that You use to "Pay" for goods and services?

Yeah... those...

Those represent the EARNING CAPACITY and PRODUCTION CAPACITY of the United States of America... as a WHOLE.

That is the basis for valuing OUR CURRENCY.

Those DOLLARS... those units of exchange.... as of 1914, are *OWNED* by the Federal. Reserve. Banking. System.

That is a TRUST, of ALL of the LARGE BANKS in the United States.

The method of Exchange of goods and services, *IS A PRIVATELY OWNED PRODUCT*

It is intellectual PROPERTY of the Private Banks (Collectively, and by Region) that are liscenced to operate in The United States.

We, must *RENT* our *CURRENCY*....

From Private Banks.

And they are licensed to PRINT MORE of this money, than the United States of America NEEDS.

Their "Solution" to the Inflation Problem... (Too much money chasing the same amount of goods and services... actually.... LESS goods and services...) The problem of Diluting our money supply by selling more dollars (Printing more of the "Dollar"(TM))

Also, known as "GreenBack"(TM)

$1(TM)
$10(TM)
$5(TM)
$20(TM)
$50(TM)
$100(TM)

(Note: (TM), Stands for "TradeMark")

Are we starting to get the picture now?

When that money is PRINTED for us to use,

We are charged interest on each and every bill in circulation.

You can NEVER pay back a Loan, that was issued with interest... with the VERY SAME money that you were loaned in the first place.

It's not Designed to be repaid... it is meant to be permanent Debt.

-Edrick

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Edrick]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

So your theory is that the FED keeping interest rates low which caused a housing bubble that unraveled later, wasn't the cause of the unraveling?

The federal reserve is also tasked with regulation, but did nothing. The SEC is so incompetent that they investigated Madoff and said he was clean, in 2007!

link   
reply to post by time91

No..

He refused to say which BANKS RECEIVED WHAT SUMS OF MONEY because to tell that would lead to instability in the market and international banking systems. It's the best idea and only idea IMO.

You are being misled.

link   
reply to post by time91

The FED has nothing to do with lending procedures to homeowners

EDIT: We can mostly all agree Greenspan F'd up in this matter regarding IRates

[edit on 2-4-2010 by GreenBicMan]

[edit on 2-4-2010 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo_Serf
I hear Jefferson was just a crazed CTer aswell.

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs. '

Thomas Jefferson

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Neo_Serf]

Karl Marx said:

To say that "the most favorable condition for wage-labor is the fastest possible growth of productive capital", is the same as to say: the quicker the working class multiplies and augments the power inimical to it – the wealth of another which lords over that class – the more favorable will be the conditions under which it will be permitted to toil anew at the multiplication of bourgeois wealth, at the enlargement of the power of capital, content thus to forge for itself the golden chains by which the bourgeoisie drags it in its train.

They both had a point, except Marx blamed capitalism, while Jefferson blamed banks. Somehow we got the worst of both worlds.

Btw, one way to stop large corporations and banks from "owning everything," is to have unions, so that workers basically stop competing with each other at lower and lower wages, for more and more work. Hell, why do you think so many jobs have gone over seas? Because THEY WORK FOR LESS! Hah.. You may not be able to find a job here, but if you move to China or Vietnam, Nike will be more than happy to give you 25 cents a day to make shoes which they sell at $88.00 a pair.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I know Greenspan messed up because he was able to delude himself that because of the internet and tech stocks old economic laws no longer applied.
But the federal reserve answers to no one. I linked a thread put on here today about how the fed gave money to companies before it was authorized. I also linked one where they lost 9 trillion.
They are either complicit in theft or incompetent to the point of being declared disabled. The overwhelming evidence leads towards choice number 1.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

Lost 9 trillion?

Please source that.

I can agree that Greenspan messed up.. most were saying that in early 2000. Of course it took 10 years to come to fruition with a whole other bull market in between...

The way I see it historically we are in a long span of consolidation before the next really big move up. Take a look at a chart from early 1900.. this is classic consolidation.. nothing more nothing less.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Sourced: Fed cannot account for 9 TRILLION with a T dollars

Tell me what you think.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

I don't know..

Off balance sheet transactions? So it seems they are keeping leverage at a minimum by doing this. I am also pretty sure the FED does not have to disclose this information.

If you hear anything else it would be interesting.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

He refused to say which BANKS RECEIVED WHAT SUMS OF MONEY because to tell that would lead to instability in the market and international banking systems. It's the best idea and only idea IMO.

IMO?

That actually sounded like THEIR opinion... almost verbatim...

It's Eerie.

It's not the only Idea...

They could have spent that money on paying government employees... that money recirculates into the economy... you know, to make it WORK and all.

The Federal Reserve Bank, Printed Itself MONEY... to spend on ITSELF.

And it is Charging *US* the Interest on that Loan.

Explain to me how that sounds like a good Idea?

-Edrick

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

except it didn't do that.. This whole conspiracy that the fed is printing money for itself is kind of stupid.. why would it even need to do that? If it already owns all the money anyways.. why make more?

There are some good questions, like why the fed is propping up certain banks in the first place, and to what extent the fed is doing so -- because it shows favoritism towards some businesses, but not other, which is unfair.

But the idea that the federal reserve is some mega-bank, owned entirely by some mysterious rich guy who collects all the money we've ever printed is sort of stupid.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

You do not understand equity markets.

You have made that obvious.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

what the heck is your signature about?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Long story. Involves a teabag, hooker, and prison.

She got her name deleted, although it was the funniest convo I have ever had on this website.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hello,
Like the State of Israel; I don't hate it, I hate what it does. This following link either has nothing to do with Israel, or everything...I'm still reading/learning.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=557907

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

This whole conspiracy that the fed is printing money for itself is kind of stupid.. why would it even need to do that? If it already owns all the money anyways.. why make more?

That's a GOOD QUESTION.

Explain to me why they did it then?

There are some good questions, like why the fed is propping up certain banks in the first place, and to what extent the fed is doing so -- because it shows favoritism towards some businesses, but not other, which is unfair.

The federal reserve bank *IS* a business.

it is the *UNIONIZATION* of all of the Large Banks in the Country.

IF all of the money in circulation *IS* owned by these banks...

Then WHY INDEED would they need to print more?

But the idea that the federal reserve is some mega-bank, owned entirely by some mysterious rich guy who collects all the money we've ever printed is sort of stupid.

Read *WHAT* the Federal Reserve bank is... and then we might have a discussion.

According to the Fed, there are presently five parts of the Federal Reserve System:[13]

1. The presidentially appointed Board of Governors, a governmental agency in Washington, D.C.
2. The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC), which oversees Open Market Operations, the principal tool of national monetary policy.
3. Twelve regional privately-owned Federal Reserve Banks located in major cities throughout the nation, which divide the nation into 12 districts, acting as fiscal agents for the U.S. Treasury, each with its own nine-member board of directors.
4. Numerous other private U.S. member banks, which subscribe to required amounts of non-transferable stock in their regional Federal Reserve Banks.
5. Various advisory councils.

www.federalreserve.gov...

Check it out... it's Eye Opening.

-Edrick

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

You do not understand equity markets.

You have made that obvious.

It's interesting that you should say this...

Especially since the Banks that received the "Bailout" held Equity in the Federal Reserve Bank.

If the FED "Backs" our currency... then WHY would they need to print themselves MORE?

The only Reason would be if they Ran Out.

So, what happens when the backers of our currency... need to borrow money?

What does it tell you about our Currency?

-Edrick

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Banks like JP and GS did not really need this money.

Actually the USA made out like bandits on this because of the interest payments we received. Again, blame your congress for not filling you in on CITI and all that. Do you know how much we made off of GS?

They did all of this btw just to show stability in markets.. think about it.

Not my problem and certainly not the FED's problem, it's def a problem regarding congress.

Most of all your hate should be focused on your elected state officials.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

All the money in circulation is NOT owned by banks. I have several dollars sitting in my wallet right now -- as do 300,000,000 other Americans.. So, clearly, they don't own all the money. They don't even come close to owning all the money, frankly. They have "control" a large portion of it, as depository institutions should, but it's not theirs -- they're just borrowing it from their depositors.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

All the money in circulation is NOT owned by banks. I have several dollars sitting in my wallet right now -- as do 300,000,000 other Americans.. So, clearly, they don't own all the money. They don't even come close to owning all the money, frankly. They have "control" a large portion of it, as depository institutions should, but it's not theirs -- they're just borrowing it from their depositors.

Dude... I don't think you are getting it.

Those dollars in your pocket?

Those are *OPEN LOANS* from the Federal Reserve Bank.

It is not VALUABLE.

IT is a Receipt, for something of Value.

Why else do you think that it has a Serial number on it?

It's A Receipt.

-Edrick

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join