It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Political Madness Escalates: Sean Hannity...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I do believe that "They" are egging these people on.

I believe so as well. The new revelations about Dick Armey and Freedom Works (who have been a HUGE force behind the Tea Party Movement)...and his ties to terrorists organizations in Iran who want revolution is EXTREMELY troubling to me.

We are being fed massive spoonfuls of hate EVERY SINGLE DAY.

You've got to read this thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I actually think the TP movement is a precursor to another party, but not in it's current form. It will take more external things to shape it. It (the TP) lacks a defined leader because the movement itself is so diverse. Plus any real third party candidate/leader can't really come from either party, too much baggage as we have seen with "change". They will have to be "different".

It will actually take more disaffected Democrats to add to the TP mix before it becomes something to threaten the two party system. The Tea Party movement is doing itself a disservice by not seeking more of the American Middle, there's a lot of people to work with there. They can only get so far by working the Right side of the aisle.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This poster is an idiot. They clearly know that this was a reference to the leftists in this country attempting to paint the "blue grass" Tea Party movement as Tim McVeigh wannabes. I don't think for a second that this poster actually believed Hannity was actually calling the Tea Party that, especially since they were the audience in this video. More hate speech from the left. They think we're too "slow" to understand what they're all about. The only thing I dislike more than Republicans are Democrats!

AJ

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Starred and flagged. It is beyond disgusting. What's even sadder is that most people out there who're sitting on their cushy sofas will applaud this man without a single thought.

I guess it's wrong to believe in the founding fathers and what they stood for. Why were we even taught about the constitution if every politician out there regards it as a joke?

I think a few of these idiots in power need to be sent back to the fourth grade to get some rudimentary history lessons, they obviously need it.

Peace,
FK

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Fox is the big tent and Hannity is the circus master. Worst show in town. Obama should say something; after all he is a leader and that is what leaders do.
They lead.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

So true, that post should have a thousand stars.

A sad sign of how far we have gone away from the principles this country and government was founded on.

The left and the right continually pull the masses in either direction while very real destruction of our American way of life is happening right in the middle where no one seems to be paying attention.

I keep thinking the American people will eventually wake up, and at times there are hopeful signs that they are, but then you realize they are all still dreaming and very much asleep.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadwolf
reply to post by jibeho

...Obama should say something; after all he is a leader and that is what leaders do.
They lead.

You want the President to censor the media?!? Censor public discourse? Join the fray?

Good thinking. [Not.]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
Its almost like the Republican party told her to get involved with the TP movement in order to bring them back to the Republican side.

It's not almost like that, it's EXACTLY like that.

Originally posted by pavil
It (the TP) lacks a defined leader because the movement itself is so diverse.

And that is the problem. I agree completely with SO on that. When you have such a diverse group "driving" the party, they all go in different directions, even if just slightly, and the individuals begin to think that all the other members are thinking like they are. It's scattered, BECAUSE of the diversity. Everyone can't drive. Everyone can't make decisions. There needs to be a focal point. Someone who can GUIDE the movement.

That's why a strong, central leadership is needed. Someone (like Ron Paul, but not Ron Paul) who stands up and says, "This is what I stand for" and people who agree with him follow and support him (or her).

It will actually take more disaffected Democrats to add to the TP mix before it becomes something to threaten the two party system.

As most know, I am left-leaning, but I don't belong to a party. I would jump ship in a SECOND if SO's ROAR were to manifest. And I'm sure there are many actual Democrats who would do the same. The Tea Party's problem is that it went after Obama, like HE was the problem. Democrats aren't going to follow someone who goes on the attack after their "golden boy". The Tea Party turned away ALL Democrats the first time they attacked Obama.

They need to run on a PLATFORM of Reform of the Republic, restoration of the Constitution, abolition of the FED and fight the corruption that has been building in Washington DC for the last 50 years or so, not go after Obama and demand his birth certificate! That's just stupid and petty compared to the problems this Republic faces.

If they did that, they'd attract people from the left, right and center, but they have to leave the political BS - the politics as usual - OUT of it.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Well said.......even though we are on different sides of the debate much of the time. You'd almost need someone like a former General or something to rally people around.

Of course "Hear the ROAR of the OVERLORD" does have a good ring to it? Doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Of course "Hear the ROAR of the OVERLORD" does have a good ring to it? Doesn't it?

That was my first thought.
And there are a lot of people here who would be willing to come together under such a cause.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

As most know, I am left-leaning, but I don't belong to a party. I would jump ship in a SECOND if SO's ROAR were to manifest. And I'm sure there are many actual Democrats who would do the same. The Tea Party's problem is that it went after Obama, like HE was the problem. Democrats aren't going to follow someone who goes on the attack after their "golden boy". The Tea Party turned away ALL Democrats the first time they attacked Obama.

They need to run on a PLATFORM of Reform of the Republic, restoration of the Constitution, abolition of the FED and fight the corruption that has been building in Washington DC for the last 50 years or so, not go after Obama and demand his birth certificate! That's just stupid and petty compared to the problems this Republic faces.

You nailed it right there. The Tea Party could have emerged as legit party with direction and a call to disrupt the status quo. But instead they went after Obama on some really silly issues, birth certificate, religion, blank-isms, etc.

You have to pick your battles when it comes to where to take a stand and if you fight every little petty battle, no one will take you seriously when you start going after the serious issues.

I can understand people being upset with the health care reform(I'm not completely happy but any reform is better than the current system) but to act as though health care is going to destroy the country is a stretch.

I wish there could be a more honest debate on these subjects and not fear mongering and propaganda.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

That was my first thought.
And there are a lot of people here who would be willing to come together under such a cause.

This is what I dream of every night

such magic there BH, at least in my world

could not have said more with a book

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

thanks for making me sit through that rant by Hannity to get to the thread item, RIGHT AT THE END , which was nebulous and frankly underwhelming

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
helping a fellow American is bad?
Is that Christian?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Its called Guilt by Association [wiki] and its an argumentative fallacy!

Those who use it and use it often, regardless of the side of any debate that they partake in, clearly show that they are TROLLS!

I'm a little surprised that SkepticOverlord [SO] would think that this was either unlike Hannity or beyond the capacity of his true nature! [re: see TROLL above!
]

Personal Disclosure: If people are looking for a leader, I suggest that they try a MIRROR instead of some xyz channel or show on TV!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I' ve enjoyed devouring this thread, especially your posts.

I'm not certain it's permissable (or certain how it's done), but I'd like to share my first post from just days ago. I think it's pertinent to your points, even if it's odd.

I've lurked about on this site for years now.
I 've never felt I had any thoughts worthy of being posted alongside what I see here.
I finally worked up the nerve to post on another site.
It's the kind of site that's a mix of news, art, and some quirky stuff that I've read for years.
I was the first to post a comment about their article about the "Christian Militia". I expressed my concern that a CNN anchor using the term "suspected militia" alone in the intro made it sound like membership is a crime.
I continued to post what I thought were the reasonable points about how I didn't want live in "A Handmaids' Tale" or "1984" and I thought the media should be impartial.
Before long, I was given a lengthy tutorial from a Canadian member on my rights and my duties to my elected government officials and military and how my media had nothing to do with fascism.
I responded, somewhat snarkily, with a question about his government, his media, his military and the CAP I'd read about on this site. Shortly afterward, I was banned from that site.
I'm ashamed to say that I was hurt.
How could the website of an author whose career appears to built on guarding free speech ban me ? I've never been asked to leave anywhere. Am I now a conspiracy nut? Someones' crazy uncle?
Even worse, I had a terrible case of "sour grapes". I was sure that I wasn't being the drama queen then that I am now. I pictured those mods as martinets; bitter drag queens perched atop bar stools outside the popular gay club, letting only the right ones pass inside. Is there no place at any table now for me?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

Dang! Overlooked the last bit and I'm to ignorant to edit.

Oddly,I'm less concerned with my own rights now. I just don't want my siblings' children to live under anyones' thumb.
Who do I throw my feeble support behind now?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
All politicians are corrupt, the current makeup of congress has no bearing on the corruption level now, two years ago, four years ago, or at any other time.

We have a storm brewing real fast now.
There will be a choice one day. I see it coming.

You are either for or against the gov't.

Note that as my only prediction.
But, when it comes to my choice, I will choose the latter.

Good that you are choosing the latter.

People that are against the gov't just because they are gov't will have a hard life.

When you are against the tyranny that currently exists in gov't then you'll be on the right road and have nothing to fear.

These last few decades, the gov't has gone all out. It's not like it used to be where you could somewhat trust who you sent to DC.

I agree with what Beck implied ... that whoever we send to congress loses their soul after spending time in DC.

Anyhow. I'm against the level of tyranny that has exploded in DC ESPECIALLY since Obama was erected. It was there before.

But like most other Americans I believed the Patriot Act was for the countries good ... "They wouldn't do anything to harm or restrict Americans, would they?"

I was wrong. And now it comes down to it doesn't it. Divide and conquer.

Knee jerk reaction from all aspects of gov't because citizens are pissed.

To their mind it means violence is imminent.

Not really.

They just want to make sure that they are in the role of victims long before anything really happens even if nothing violent ever happens.

Like my moronic fuggin brother is so afraid of anything / everything that he wills it into happening.

Just say that you are afraid and that puts everyone on the defensive.

FEAR/VICTIM Very effective defense. Poor gubbermint. Poor Brudder.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2XOHsurf
"Is there any hope of recovering from this political psychosis"

Sure there is hope, when the corrupt leaders in congress are taken out of power.

Interesting that in that whole video you singled out an obscure comment at the end. This is indicative of Obama zombies with no brains!!!!

LOL. You serious?
What is replacing a few democrats with some republicans gonna do? What will the change be? More wars? More looting of the people? More National Security policies and laws. More unemployment?
Get real, this is not a Dem vs Republican issue.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
so what im to gather from the participants in this thread (well, the majority of them)

is that it's okay for Hannity to incite violence because Obama is a moron.

For anyone who ever wondered where the term "moronic masses" came from, look no further than these radical examples of 'my team politics'

Here's a tip:

Obama is a "moron". All politicians are, even your precious republicans, every single one of them - it's a job requirement. That doesn't mean its okay to murder innocent people.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Snarf]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join