It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Political Madness Escalates: Sean Hannity...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Yea they won. Are you familiar with the term pyhrric victory? When you have to buy off your own to insure a bill will pass says volumes.
Since Obama got into office we have seen some pretty strange things come to light. Remember this? www.rightpundits.com... Now at what cost came the dems victory for themselves?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Seeing through the BS requires a perpetual self-education, and that is not an easy thing for most people to do.

There are some institutions set up to facilitate this goal, in terms of contemporary knowledge -- it's the "news media."

unfortunately, the leading news channel, and source of information and perspective for a large portion of the right wing American demographic, has become entirely corrupt, and the viewers haven't realized it yet. When they tune in to get what they think is an education, what they're actually receiving is misinformation and propaganda. They've become so well entrenched in their audience's mind's that you'll hear most fox news viewers say that everybody else is too liberal/spinning the truth/lying; but fox news is giving you the straight dope -- uncut and pure. Nothing could be further from the truth, but the average viewer doesn't seem to realize this.

Which is why I think this is mainly a conservative republican right-wing problem. You just don't see this kind of insane rhetoric or outrage on the left -- probably because there is no fox news equivalent for the left.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

And to that end -- I challenge you to an experiment which may or may not prove me wrong: Whenever you read a political madness thread, carefully read the OP and rate it as Left leaning, or Right leaning.

Write down each judgement you make, for each new thread, until you've done this 50-100 times. Then, add up the score, and see if, on average, they lean RIGHT, or LEFT.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

He's a Republican Shill .. and "Teapartiers" (which I refuse to be called since one of them invited Palin along) are sick of Republicans.. no honest self respecting "Tea Partier" will ever support Republicans OR Democrats. I'd sooner stand beside Anarchist and Communist than a Repub or Dem.

They NEED to demonize them, because they are starting to drift into "fringe" parties (for instance I am a member of the Libertarian Party) and every tea party attender that moves to the fringe is a vote lost on the Republican side (since the majority are former Republicans or Centrist moderates who swung either way)

Let them make fun of us, call us names like Tea Baggers, it's only because they are afraid..

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Regan the almighty, Regan the wonderful, Regan the magnificent. If the Republican party could resurrect Regan from death and put him on TV for 2012 they would be crying with joy. Regan has become a mythical creature who could do any thing with a wink and a smile as far as these brainwashed morons are concerned.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by wanderingwaldo]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
That was very innapropriate, YUK

Though the people in the back did cheer before he said that, I hope that they perhaps reacted to it a little later, some might not even know who Tim McVeigh is keep in mind.

Fox has never been conservative, they ridicule conservatives all the time in fact and make stupid mistakes while offending liberals making conservatives look stupid in the end.

Yes his comment at the end was very much deliberate

And I would like to add that the tea parties have been infiltrated so i'm sure that this continue, in the end they might blame all militia movements on the tea parties.

They will mask accountability of govt. corruption with right-wing tea party/militia lunatics.

Smoke and Mirrors is the name of the game!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
...no honest self respecting "Tea Partier"...

I'd really love to find a group of at least 10 or more "Tea Party" people that fit that bill... really, I would.

I'm not trying to contribute to the demonization by the "left" (which, by the way, I believe is also a tactic to attract the angry fringe to the Tea Party), but it's not what it was when I first spoke to some organizers back in New York... not even close.

So many conspiracies, so little time.

Those who still hold fast to the original intent of the movement would be best-served by forming a new group... "Reformers Of American Republic," or some such. Certainly something that can't be subverted into a derogatory comment or acronym. Hrm -- "ROAR" not bad.
I better trademark that.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wanderingwaldo
Regan has become a mythical creature who could do any thing with a wink and a smile as far as these brainwashed morons are concerned.

A) At least learn how to spell the main figure in your text correctly if you are going to insult people.
It's Reagan, not Regan.
And don't try and claim a typo because you spelled it incorrectly 5 times.

B) Substitute Obama for 'Regan' and you might actually be making a valid point.

[edit on 4/2/2010 by WhatTheory]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I very seldom swear, but WTF are you talking about? Hannity is mimicking the leftists who smear conservatives and Tea Party people as "Tim McVeigh wannabes." Hannity is not condoning Tim McVeigh-like actions.

I check ATS frequently during the day, but I swear, the bottomless ignorance of the lefties and Christian-haters on ATS is about to make me delete my ATS bookmark.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm fairly new here, and I had zero respect for "Skeptic Overlord" from the get-go before this thread, because to me a skeptic is a glorified term for someone who just sits there and says "Nope, sorry, wrong" regardless of what's presented. They chose their side and it's just a battle of egos. It's the easiest of all intellectual avenues. Similar to the maxim about how critics are failed creators.

Also, simply owning a share of a website doesn't make him the authority on anything, but he's won my respect in this thread, even if he is a bit late to realize how out of control things are.

I'd just like to finish by asking "what now Skeptic Overlord"?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

The whole "Tea Party" is based on Activism, one would expect them to be "doers". Just like the activists on every side are.

I have no doubt that there are people in the TP movement who are motivated by our President being Black. That doesn't mean everyone or even a majority is. I would caution people however, not to paint this movement with such a broad brush. The TP movement is a rallying point for quite a few diverse viewpoints that don't necessarily agree with everything everybody else in the movement says or stands for. The picture painted by the media in general is not a very fair, nor an in depth one of the Tea Party Movement. They seem to like the "sound-bite" extreme things rather than doing some in-depth journalism, if thats even around anymore.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by allgoodnamesaretaken
I very seldom swear, but WTF are you talking about? Hannity is mimicking the leftists who smear conservatives and Tea Party people as "Tim McVeigh wannabes." Hannity is not condoning Tim McVeigh-like actions.

I check ATS frequently during the day, but I swear, the bottomless ignorance of the lefties and Christian-haters on ATS is about to make me delete my ATS bookmark.

Exactly!!

Some people are so blind due to their hatred for anything different, it is really pathetic. Hell will unleash it's fury if you disagree with their messiah Obama.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Risen
because to me a skeptic is a glorified term for someone who just sits there and says "Nope, sorry, wrong" regardless of what's presented.

Um... you do realize, of course, that when a skeptic questions what the government presents, that makes him/her a possible conspiracy theorist?

Skepticism is the most important trait a conspiracy theorist should have.

What now?
heh
I'm just as baffled as you are.
I'm pissed!! (political trolls and hacks)
The Conspiracy of American Political Peril
"Damn The Country, Obama Must Fail"
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wanderingwaldo

Regan the almighty, Regan the wonderful, Regan the magnificent. If the Republican party could resurrect Regan from death and put him on TV for 2012 they would be crying with joy. Regan has become a mythical creature who could do any thing with a wink and a smile as far as these brainwashed morons are concerned.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by wanderingwaldo]

Don Regan is dead, most Conservatives don't admire him that much.

Try to get the name right, Reagan. End of history lesson.

Didn't see someone beat me to the punch....

[edit on 2-4-2010 by pavil]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlordSkepticism is the most important trait a conspiracy theorist should have.

Agreed, but if your skepticism is something you hold up as your most redeeming feature, you're somewhat biased. Wouldn't you say? To admit the other side has a point would mean losing, right?

And you still didn't answer my question: What now?

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Risen]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Those who still hold fast to the original intent of the movement would be best-served by forming a new group... "Reformers Of American Republic," or some such.

The problem is that if they grew to any extent at all, they would, like the tea party before them, be infiltrated and consumed by (most likely) the Republican party. How would a movement prevent such a thing? I guess it could be written into their bylaws or whatever.

It's terrible what happened to the Tea Party. They were barely gaining traction before Palin, et al. climbed into their bandwagon and grabbed the reins. Now, any REAL (original) Tea Partiers are lost in the political game.

If ROAR is successful, I'll join!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
How would a movement prevent such a thing?

But doing with the Tea Party didn't... begin with strong leadership.

When there is a vacuum of leadership, people like Phillips and Palin can step in and drive the dialogue into madness. If there was strong leadership, they'd never have been involved in the first place.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Risen
Agreed, but if your skepticism is something you hold up as your most redeeming feature, you're somewhat biased. Wouldn't you say?

No.

True skepticism is the definition of being unbiased. Question and doubt everything, especially what is being offered by the media, the power-elite, etc.

I think you've had some bad experiences with people who called themselves "skeptics," but were merely disruptive and narrow-minded.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Good point. And unfortunately, I don't think Ron Paul is a strong leader. I would love nothing more than to see something like a reform party rise up and be successful in REALLY changing this country into what the framers intended. Wow! The thought gives me goosebumps!

But I think the tea party was infiltrated because the government was threatened by the thought of giving up their cushy lives, their corruption, their money and not having to work for a living. I just fear that the current system would find a way to destroy any movement that threatened their hold on this country.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlordI think you've had some bad experiences with people who called themselves "skeptics," but were merely disruptive and narrow-minded.

And you're right there. I'm sorry i tried to group you under the same flag.

Enough about all this, though.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join