It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Political Madness Escalates: Sean Hannity...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Just when I think the disease of partisan madness has reached new heights of knee-jerking absurdity, I'm proven wrong by yet another pugilistic pundit spewing startling rhetoric.

In a recent event (apparently to promote his new book), Sean Hannity (in apparent calculated "sarcasm") refers to the "Tea Party" protestors as "Tim McVeigh wannabees," and (apparently) "tea party" crowd in attendance applauds and cheers!

It's at the end of the clip.

This is beyond "political madness" into the realm of apparently misrepresenting violence and diminishing the significance of the murder innocent people... by his purposefully calculated "sarcasm" ... "as they say."

I'm stunned. Is there any hope of recovering from this political psychosis that has an apparent death-grip on the nation?

[edit on 2-4-2010 by SkepticOverlord]

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I'm stunned. Is there any hope of recovering from this political psychosis that has an apparent death-grip on the nation?

SkepticOverlord....this is what one of the biggest conspiracies is all about.

I think they (TPTB) want us to be divided. They want the public to fight.

United we stand, divided we fall.

Recovering would involve the entire nation getting along.
Too many people watch TV, and do not research to know any better.
What I mean is, too many people watch American Idol, etc, or worse...
And don't get off their collective butts to find out about the corruption.

This will destroy our country. Simple. The dumbing down of America.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by havok]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
"Is there any hope of recovering from this political psychosis"

Sure there is hope, when the corrupt leaders in congress are taken out of power.

Interesting that in that whole video you singled out an obscure comment at the end. This is indicative of Obama zombies with no brains!!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Thats just sickening.

the poster above me is right. united we stand, divided we fall.

its been going on throughout history. If the people would organize, instead of fight and bicker at the small stuff, the PTB would not be in power.

but we give them power by being distracted, and fighting the wrong people.

+34 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2XOHsurf
Interesting that in that whole video you singled out an obscure comment at the end. This is indicative of Obama zombies with no brains!!!!

Sorry, but your statement is a symptom of the political madness.

My opening post is about his comment at the end.

All politicians are corrupt, the current makeup of congress has no bearing on the corruption level now, two years ago, four years ago, or at any other time.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
As long as we have an extremist majority (either republican or democrat) in control of government there is no hope for this "political psychosis" as you put it to end.

Hannity is a public figure that represents one of the extremes.

America has moved too far left, from the right, meanwhile corrupt corporate lobbyists and special interests have gained even more from this.

Americans are more polarized and divided than ever before, so much so that a tool like Sean Hannity can rise to where he is now.

It is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

If you are so inclined, you should pray for a balance of power to return to all branches of the government... Until then, quite frankly... we are 'F'd.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

All politicians are corrupt, the current makeup of congress has no bearing on the corruption level now, two years ago, four years ago, or at any other time.

Instead of every American just realizing that corruption and large government influences are bad, the TV and media are programming people to think that government control is a good thing and there is no corruption.
In lieu of that, we fight. We argue.
We build divisions.
Just like they want.
And its all trivial...

We have a storm brewing real fast now.
There will be a choice one day. I see it coming.

You are either for or against the gov't.

Note that as my only prediction.
But, when it comes to my choice, I will choose the latter.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by havok]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
After watching this, I still can't believe people still think that Fox is a reliable and "fair and balanced" news organization who actually cares about their audience. That was a complete slap in the face for anybody who cares about this country, and yet all of the people in the audience kept clapping like the mindless drones they are. When he started spouting off at the end about the Constitution and everything else, I was grinding my teeth thinking about all of the unconstitutional things that Bush did during his administration to set up Obama's administration, and people like Hannity and all of these other poor excuses for human beings actually kept spouting Bush's propaganda with no reservations at all. I wish people on this site especially would actually see that these people are laughing in your face and you keep taking it and thinking they're the beacon of light. I'm so glad I don't watch the news anymore or any TV for that matter. I really think I would go crazy by all of the stupidity that airs on it. How news has become kind of reminds me of the movie Network when Howard has something completely legitimate to say during the "I'm mad as hell" scene, but when he gets the show, it turns into a complete circus of soothsayers and other nonsense combined with it and the audience loves it.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Hannity is an ignorant idiot. Nothing more. He is VERY closed minded and is never open for a debate. He's only open for his one way street of thinking. He's probably the worst "news" person on television

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Did anybody check to see if that is authentic? Its a YouTube Video. Did anyone cross reference it to make sure thats what he actually said?
If it has been excuse me for not seeing it.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

This is beyond "political madness" into the realm of inciting violence and justifying the murder innocent people.

Sadly, this has already happened:

It would be convenient to pretend that Richard Poplawski, who killed three Pittsburgh policemen on Saturday with an AK-47, was just a right-wing nutcase. A devotee of the white supremacist Web site Stormfront, Poplawski believed that the United States was controlled by a secret Jewish cabal that had a master plan to abrogate freedom of speech and use the U.S. military to police Americans.

It would be easy for us to cordon Poplawski off, pretend that his ugly and paranoid worldview had nothing to do with the Obama hatred spouted by the American right. But the truth is that Poplawski's hateful views cannot be separated from the increasingly extreme ideology and rhetoric that characterize the contemporary American conservative movement. As his friend, Edward Perkovic, told the Associated Press, Poplawski feared "the Obama gun ban that's on the way" and "didn't like our rights being infringed upon."

Such obsessions don't come out of a vacuum. Fox News, Rush Limbaugh and the GOP have been whipping up hatred and fear of Obama and "liberal Democrats" for years. Joined by the National Rifle Association, which has run false and irresponsible ads claiming that Obama is planning to take away Americans' guns, they have encouraged and helped to create a pathological right-wing subculture in which free-floating hatred of "the government" mixes with a maniacal fetish for guns. Poplawski is the diseased fruit of that ugly tree. salon

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
emphasis mine

The interesting aspect of it, from a marketing hatred pov, is what seems to be a recent realization by the likes of Fox News of the beast they have created and championed, hence the concentrated effort to defer responsibility from themselves to the beast itself.

But the frenzy is such that, as per the video, the beast doesn't even know it or see it when they're doing it right in front of them ... in fact, they embrace it.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
There's already a thread on this in which it was pointed out that this was sarcasm. Hannity has been regularly and sarcastically using the terms employed by Reid and Pelosi last year during their namecalling sessions.

Apparently you have to understand the context, and whoever is responsible for this hatchet job soundbite is excluding it for effect.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It's mind boggling how they call this a "news station."

It really is.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Unfortunately, Obama insists on feeding the madness rather than starve it. Just last night in network interview on CBS he launched another attack on Beck and Limbaugh. Just a few more whacks on the wedge that is dividing the nation.

While I typically support Fox News as whole, I must say the Hannity really stepped in it with his comments. He will certainly feel the pain in the time to come. I wouldn't be surprised if he loses his contract either.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Did anybody check to see if that is authentic? Its a YouTube Video.

Yes. I did before posting. Multiple versions are showing up online, from many sources, where the content is identical.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Watching the video, It seems to me that the crowd had already started to applaud when Shaun sarcastically and dramatically added the Timothy statement, as if to say "That's what you're being called".

I do agree that the level of partisan name calling is completely out of control nowadays, and rather than trying to create an arena where subjects can be discussed constructively, the talking heads of the MSM simply lather at any chance to attack the other side and provoke a response.

It's not just FOX for the right, it's not just the rest of the MSM for the left, it's everyone.

Unfortunately, it seems that unless something really serious happens, like a ground invasion from China, or ET shows up, this idiotic circus will continue.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Good to go. Just had to make sure.

And this man sickens me.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
He was referring to comments from the radical left who call the tea party McVey Wannabes.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Unfortunately, Obama insists on feeding the madness rather than starve it.

The madness is pervasive across the politicians and pundits of both "party" lines.

The money and effort being expended to divide and rile the American public is staggering... and it seems as though no one is interested in exposing the problem.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Whoa amazing!

You guys are totally thinking the same thing I was today!

I even posted a thread about it when I woke up this morning.

About how TPTB are trying to provoke violence.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What a nice coincidence to find your thread SO and realize that you are worried about EXACTLY what I am worried about.

You are smart guys, what should we do to stop this from turning into some kind of psychotic war???

I don't know I am sorry... I just feel like I am on the Titanic and I can see what is coming.

I guess it's time to look for the life raft. Sigh...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join